Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How would a harsher lockdown help in that case though? Do you want people physically welded into their homes like Wuhan? The park was already closed and you can be fined if it is deemed unnecessary for you to be out and about. At the end of the day a small minority of society are dick heads and a perceived harsher lockdown will not stop that.
It's so busy round by me at the moment. The only sign that things are not normal, is that the pubs are closed. The amount of people walking round with bottles of water, ice Lollys and sitting on benches chatting is as it would be on a normal weekend. I can see groups of people on the grass and the football pitch is in use too. We've got people sat on the picnic style benches outside the pub too.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Every time they have someone on the news who has recovered they always look really well. Although the one speaking now still sounds a bit breathless but he looks well. He’s lost two stone in weight. Another man they had on yesterday had also lost 15% of his body weight and had to learn to walk again but looked well.

They should show more people who have recovered or at least tell us the number of people that have recovered.
How lovely was he? Brought a tear to my eye!

Reactions: 4
Really think we need a harsher lock down and fines. People are taking the piss.

Reactions: 9
If boris is in a stable condition sitting up in good spirits why is he still in intensive care ? Surely he should just be on a normal covid 19 ward
I have this feeling it's not true, that he just doesn't want to face the public etc. So once he's recovered he'll need a month or so off then that'll take him up to paternity leave then he won't have to do anything at all lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Sky News reporting just now that Priti Patel spoke to the media this afternoon to say that there are no suggestions coming forward to make the lockdown stricter.

We shall wait and see...

Update not for another half hour yet. Nicola Sturgeon just said that not enough data was around to consider lifting the lockdown restrictions yet, so I guess its ongoing for the foreseeable? Stay at home for Easter is the message so far.

Reactions: 1
People may be sympathetic but no leader wants to earn it that way... seeming fallible, suffering illness.... it tarnishes the image of strength people want in a leader as they represent the country. Think of how the right was pushing the hilary is dieing conspiracies as hard as they could...
He legit hid in a fridge though.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Yel

I think Boris Johnson is ill but the ICU stuff is spin. People have said he's dead against illness being used as excuse for weakness but maybe it's out of his hands.

I won't be clapping for the kids tonight I want to take their musical instruments they've been "playing" in the garden and clobber them around the face with. No one else enjoys hearing your darlings make noise all day🙊

• Haha
Every time they have someone on the news who has recovered they always look really well. Although the one speaking now still sounds a bit breathless but he looks well. He’s lost two stone in weight. Another man they had on yesterday had also lost 15% of his body weight and had to learn to walk again but looked well.

They should show more people who have recovered or at least tell us the number of people that have recovered.
He still sounded so breathless! Made me feel breathless myself just watching him

He legit hid in a fridge though.
I said this. When the election was going on I said who looks at that man and thinks he can run a country? But he's what we have & im just running with it

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Doesn’t sound like he’s going to announce a harsher lockdown today.

• Sad
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

I do think he’s on 1;1 observation.
But I don’t think he’s the normal ICU cases we hear about.

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

just my opinion and happy to be wrong 😬
Agreed. Said this on here from the second it was announced.
Its all about what message it is they want to send out, him being in 'ICU' was a message that needed to be put a cross.
A Prime Minister in not the best health recovering at home doesn't exactly make people think they need to stay inside.

Nah he’s just saying we’re still staying home. It’s no harsher by the sounds of it. People are gonna be such dickheads this weekend, I just know it.

Reactions: 13
I think a harsher lockdown would be announced via a pre-recorded message with a lot of press to make sure as many people watch it as possible. I know a lot of people have stopped watching the updates now as it seems there’s nothing new it’s always just telling us to stay home. If we get a pre-recorded announcement next week then we know it’s happening!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.