Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

I do think he’s on 1;1 observation.
But I don’t think he’s the normal ICU cases we hear about.

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

just my opinion and happy to be wrong 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Grown adults have been jumping the fence in the park near me to use the play area as a gym. Even filming themselves.

That alone is a reason for a harsher lockdown. Bloody ridiculous that grown adults can’t act like grown adults. What sort of example is that setting to the kids passing through with their parents on their daily walk?

My road also seems busier today with cars, hopefully just people going out to do their shopping.

Reactions: 10
I agree, and at the same time people are complaining passport offices aren't necessary and none should open. ID is a basic right in the uk, what is you need a job and you have no id or it has expired? Passports do not equal holidays.

There is really no need for anything to be stricter, what else is there to close or ban?

There definitely isn't even enough army to police streets anyway. Idk maybe it is growing up in NI, but people should be very careful about wanting the army on the streets.
That's true Iv seen a lot of the immediate start jobs asking for ID and proof you can work in the U.K. I think. Luckily one of my siblings has worked in the same supermarket for years and didn't need ID when she applied but you do need it now if you apply for a job there. And the other is in a takeaway. But they don't have ID if that measure was to come into place. Yeah thinking of what it's like in Ireland maybe that is why you think that. I'm the same. I don't know what they will do next

what?!
I presume from your tone that you see how stupid that position is. Do you think she really believes it or just wants an excuse not to stay in? Does she not realise it’s as non partisan a policy as they come and a Labour government (guessing she prefers them) would be doing the exact same thing right now ?

I think of myself as generally having left wing views but there is a real issue these days on the left of people thinking being anti- Tory , or anti- Brexit or pro-Corbyn is a personality trait. I see so many posts on social media where it almost sounds like they they deserve to be congratulated or are terribly clever for slagging off Jacob Rees Mogg, as if it’s hard...
The problem with that mentality is it leaves no room for nuance - If “Tories=bad” at all times , you underminine the sincerity of your liberal views too - party over policy and a lack of morals ironically being one of the chief criticisms of Boris Johnson.

Sorry, rant over. (For now...!)
I absolutely wish I was joking and I 100 percent do not agree with what she's doing. As far as she is concerned, this whole situation would have been avoided and death rates lower if Labour were in office.

She refuses to buy more than one of anything because its not in the spirit to hoard and not leave things for others. She didn't buy extra medical necessities before lockdown because that would have been selfish, now she hasn't got any. Same with medicine and food. She literally meal plans on a weekly basis and buys that days food that morning.

I'm selfish because I have food in the house by the time our next shop is due and a typical Tory because I don't have empty cupboards at the end of the week.

She can't abide tory voters clapping for NHS because Boris clapped after nurses pay cuts.
And over her dead body would she let a Tory tell her what to do in her own house.

One thing she has taught me is that you can't argue with stupid.

• Wow
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

People may be sympathetic but no leader wants to earn it that way... seeming fallible, suffering illness.... it tarnishes the image of strength people want in a leader as they represent the country. Think of how the right was pushing the hilary is dieing conspiracies as hard as they could...

Reactions: 2
Cutting through the bull tit and providing the real stats.....

Aldi's top-seller in the ROI during the last three-week period was 2 litres of milk, with butter and a bag of carrots taking second and third place.

People may be sympathetic but no leader wants to earn it that way... seeming fallible, suffering illness.... it tarnishes the image of strength people want in a leader as they represent the country. Think of how the right was pushing the hilary is dieing conspiracies as hard as they could...
we’re in very different times right now, I don’t think it’s above them spinning this narrative to drive home the “we’re all in this together” narrative and stop the “he’s a Tory” divide.

look at twitter trying to arrange a clap for him.
obviously I don’t know either way and he was clearly sick.

Reactions: 3

Yes BUT the big question is..... are you going to clap tonight? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mean my friend was told she couldn't sit on her step by her door with her 10 year old yesterday and told to go inside. That's pretty strict 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Spring menu apparently but I feel like it’ll be summer next time they’re open! The chocolate cornflake cakes are amazing, they have golden syrup in too so they’re really moreish. Might make my own but they won’t be the same

Spring Menue .. but it's from April 2019 .. so last year 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Grown adults have been jumping the fence in the park near me to use the play area as a gym. Even filming themselves.

That alone is a reason for a harsher lockdown. Bloody ridiculous that grown adults can’t act like grown adults. What sort of example is that setting to the kids passing through with their parents on their daily walk?

My road also seems busier today with cars, hopefully just people going out to do their shopping.

How would a harsher lockdown help in that case though? Do you want people physically welded into their homes like Wuhan? The park was already closed and you can be fined if it is deemed unnecessary for you to be out and about. At the end of the day a small minority of society are dick heads and a perceived harsher lockdown will not stop that.

Reactions: 5
Yes BUT the big question is..... are you going to clap tonight? :unsure:
I’m busy, washing my hair.
No but seriously,
I support key workers by being a responsible bint, washing my paws, shopping for neighbours when I’m doing my own shopping...and staying the duck home.

none of it needs to go online for praise.
But if it helps others to feel less alone go for it!

Reactions: 11
Everyone knows by now that if you don’t clap for nhs staff then you clearly hate them and want them all to die on the front line.

At least that’s the impression I get from my local residents group😳😂

How would a harsher lockdown help in that case though? Do you want people physically welded into their homes like Wuhan? The park was already closed and you can be fined if it is deemed unnecessary for you to be out and about. At the end of the day a small minority of society are dick heads and a perceived harsher lockdown will not stop that.
If that’s what it takes then yes be like Wuhan, take away the daily exercise if people are going to continue to take the piss with it.

Reactions: 4
I’ll support the NHS by continuing to not vote for the tories 🙊

But yeah. I’m doing that by staying home.

My door is way too close to other’s anyway. With them believing that the virus actually spreads further than originally thought, I’ll stay in my house instead 🙃😂

Reactions: 12
I’ll support the NHS by continuing to not vote for the tories 🙊

But yeah. I’m doing that by staying home.

My door is way too close to other’s anyway. With them believing that the virus actually spreads further than originally thought, I’ll stay in my house instead 🙃😂
Same my door isn't 2m away from neighbours lol we have all decided in 2020 the best way to communicate to make sure nobody else is out with their dog is to shout and ask. So if anyone on their exercise hears "are any of use out there" from a flat they might freak out 😂 we can't see the front doors from any of our windows lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Outside my house today has been really busy, it had gone quieter but today you’d think lockdown had been lifted. My neighbours kids are outside playing with other kids, my neighbour had one of the girls in her back garden yesterday. Cars are far more than they were and so many people are out in groups or stopping to talk to others.

• Wow
  • Sad
Same my door isn't 2m away from neighbours lol we have all decided in 2020 the best way to communicate to make sure nobody else is out with their dog is to shout and ask. So if anyone on their exercise hears "are any of use out there" from a flat they might freak out 😂 we can't see the front doors from any of our windows lol
Hahaha I love that 😂

Reactions: 2
Every time they have someone on the news who has recovered they always look really well. Although the one speaking now still sounds a bit breathless but he looks well. He’s lost two stone in weight. Another man they had on yesterday had also lost 15% of his body weight and had to learn to walk again but looked well.

They should show more people who have recovered or at least tell us the number of people that have recovered.

Reactions: 6
My boyfriend went out to get my prescription this afternoon and returned with not just my prescription, but a bag of pasta!

I’ve never been so happy to see a bag of pasta in my life. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
If they are it it usually goes like "aye it's me Betty I'm out with Sasha, right Sasha hurry up get in, right I'm inside and shutting the door now hen" because I'm in my 20 and live around lots of oldies 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.