Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If boris is in a stable condition sitting up in good spirits why is he still in intensive care ? Surely he should just be on a normal covid 19 ward

Reactions: 11
If boris is in a stable condition sitting up in good spirits why is he still in intensive care ? Surely he should just be on a normal covid 19 ward
Maybe he still needs the oxygen? Does that have to be on an intensive care ward? I don’t feel like they’d say he’s improving if he isn’t because the shock would be greater if anything did happen.

Reactions: 2
My mental health has taken a downturn as well. I’m constantly on edge and feeling panicky especially if the phone rings for some reason? I’ve become OCD about people getting to close to me when I go out of the house, and paranoid about touching post that’s been delivered or groceries etc. It’s just bizarre because germ phobia is something I’ve never had until now.

I think there will be a big mental health crisis after this is all over.
I’ve have OCD and I have to say I’m fairing quite well all things considered. Exposure and building up the anxious feeling (going supermarket shopping) and then not overthinking it (really hard I know) but obviously staying safe, washing hands and two metres distance. I’m quite pleased with how I’m dealing with it all.

Reactions: 4
Do you live next door to my sister?! She's taking no notice because she hates Tories and won't be told what to do by them 🙄
what?!
I presume from your tone that you see how stupid that position is. Do you think she really believes it or just wants an excuse not to stay in? Does she not realise it’s as non partisan a policy as they come and a Labour government (guessing she prefers them) would be doing the exact same thing right now ?

I think of myself as generally having left wing views but there is a real issue these days on the left of people thinking being anti- Tory , or anti- Brexit or pro-Corbyn is a personality trait. I see so many posts on social media where it almost sounds like they they deserve to be congratulated or are terribly clever for slagging off Jacob Rees Mogg, as if it’s hard...
The problem with that mentality is it leaves no room for nuance - If “Tories=bad” at all times , you underminine the sincerity of your liberal views too - party over policy and a lack of morals ironically being one of the chief criticisms of Boris Johnson.

Sorry, rant over. (For now...!)

Reactions: 8
Maybe he still needs the oxygen? Does that have to be on an intensive care ward? I don’t feel like they’d say he’s improving if he isn’t because the shock would be greater if anything did happen.
When my grandad was Ill he needed oxygen and then he also needed cpap and he was just kept on the respiratory ward.

Reactions: 4
Are we expecting an update about lockdown extension today? I keep hearing Monday but I feel that's too late given it's Easter weekend and lovely weather forecast

Reactions: 9
Hes the prime minister so I think hes classed as a very important person and they probably dont want to take any chances

Reactions: 7
At the risk of being told off (because this isn't written in blood and signed by 13 independent witnesses) I did read a tweet by an ICU consultant that suggested Boris would be kept on the ICU for security among other reasons. *Runs for cover*

• Heart
Reactions: 9
At the risk of being told off (because this isn't written in blood and signed by 13 independent witnesses) I did read a tweet by an ICU consultant that suggested Boris would be kept on the ICU for security among other reasons. *Runs for cover*
I wouldn't expect anything less. Regardless of the nations opinion hes our leader and an important person so needs to be getting special care. Yes everyone else is special and needs special care but he is the prime minister if he died it would leave the country frantic lol I dont get why it's so hard for people to understand it would be the same if it was any of the immediate royal family 🤣

Reactions: 16
I'm curious to how much stricter they can get. It's pretty strict in my town. Police on bikes, in cars stopping people. Parks and large grassy areas shut off. Shops only open for a few hours. All takeaways shut. Buses every 3/4 hours. I know they say only essential travel but some people are travelling to the neighbouring town as we only have a news agents and a butchers here they can't feed everyone. Oh and we don't have a school open in our town either. I know not everywhere is the same

I’m hoping it’s going to be stricter, it’s Sod’s law isn’t it that we have such beautiful weather. If only it was bloody snowing more people would be in!!

Reactions: 5
I don't even believe boris is in icu, or that he even has covid.
It's probably a distraction from them all deciding that they all need a £10,000 payment each because they're all suffering with working from home...should probably save that for the conspiracy thread though 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Times move on..kids nowadays love having their own back account and contactless card. They can have one from age 13. I got them for two of my kids when they were 15. My son uses Apple Pay on his phone. They definitely understand the value of money as they’re always checking their balance and my son hates it if he dips below a certain amount!

I rarely use cash as I find coins/notes ‘dirty’. Imagine how many hands they’ve passed between? 🤮 I also prefer contactless as I don’t like touching chip and pin machines as most of them look filthy and I always think of how many people have touched them and the germs!
People keep saying move with the times but I would prefer the choice. I have no issue with people using contactless if that's their thing so let people use cash if that's their thing. My son's 4 and 7 both have their own bank accounts that they can access from the branch or via my online banking.

Reactions: 3
Do you think we will get a stricter lockdown?

I think we need a stricter lockdown due to all the idiots sunbathing and barbecuing in the parks recently. I can only imagine what it will be like in the parks this weekend due to Easter and the nice weather.

Reactions: 10
I don't think anything will get stricter, it might be said in a more forceful tone though. I don't see how the lockdown really can get stricter and it baffles me that so many people are calling for the army on the streets :rolleyes:
I think it is totally crazy that people are calling for that!

Reactions: 5
I don't think anything will get stricter, it might be said in a more forceful tone though. I don't see how the lockdown really can get stricter and it baffles me that so many people are calling for the army on the streets :rolleyes:
Same, parks here have been shut off for a couple of days now. There is nowhere to have all these events people go on about. I don't even think there's enough army for all the streets. I also seen the suggestion of having ID to leave the house like Cyprus done. None of my siblings even own ID.

Reactions: 1
Same, parks here have been shut off for a couple of days now. There is nowhere to have all these events people go on about. I don't even think there's enough army for all the streets. I also seen the suggestion of having ID to leave the house like Cyprus done. None of my siblings even own ID.
I agree, and at the same time people are complaining passport offices aren't necessary and none should open. ID is a basic right in the uk, what is you need a job and you have no id or it has expired? Passports do not equal holidays.

There is really no need for anything to be stricter, what else is there to close or ban?

There definitely isn't even enough army to police streets anyway. Idk maybe it is growing up in NI, but people should be very careful about wanting the army on the streets.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.