Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is everyone getting food? There are no delivery or click and collect on any of the main shops here. I don't know what to do!
My husband is going out to get it. Not one delivery slot from any supermarket and no click and collect. We don’t have any family or friends close to us so he has to go.

Reactions: 2
How is everyone getting food? There are no delivery or click and collect on any of the main shops here. I don't know what to do!
My poor husband spent 2 hours in Tesco today getting food for us, my parents and grandparents. I can’t thank him enough. He said it was well stocked, one way systems and socially distanced well

Reactions: 7
I managed to get a slot for Saturday three weeks ago but after that can’t get anything so we’re going to have to go to the shops I guess. My parents and in laws have been dropping stuff for us as they managed to get click and collect

Reactions: 6
Some people are saying until there is a vaccine or I guess enough people with immunity it will come in phases. Apparently the Spanish flu did the rounds 3 times. I’m so scared they will make my other half go back to work and kids back at school. Europe has been hit the worst as well!! Probably because it’s full of tourists. Did anyone see the news about all the Wuhan people getting into planes and travelling. Ffs. There so gonna come here and start it all off again x

We have local people in a group offering help and they’ve delivered food to us. I was lucky and got an iceland slot last week as we’re isolating. If you go on Iceland every morning between 10-12 some slots do come available some days.

Reactions: 3
My poor husband spent 2 hours in Tesco today getting food for us, my parents and grandparents. I can’t thank him enough. He said it was well stocked, one way systems and socially distanced well
my lovely younger brother is getting for me and my son when he does the shop for him and my mum. I really didn’t want to be dragging my son round the shops it’s scary enough alone I bet.

Reactions: 1
They aren’t any here either. I went to Waitrose last Friday but that’s the only time I’ve been anywhere. Oh and an M&S at the petrol station.

Can you go in?

Reactions: 1
Lots of local companies doing deliveries, we have several pubs, wholesalers and even a country park are now doing drive thru. Veg boxes, meat boxes etc. Look on local FB groups for info.

Some people are saying until there is a vaccine or I guess enough people with immunity it will come in phases. Apparently the Spanish flu did the rounds 3 times. I’m so scared they will make my other half go back to work and kids back at school. Europe has been hit the worst as well!! Probably because it’s full of tourists. Did anyone see the news about all the Wuhan people getting into planes and travelling. Ffs. There so gonna come here and start it all off again x
Surely no one should be allwed into the country at this point?

Just going to my local shop for bread and milk. ( chocolate and a bottle of wine on a Friday! :ROFLMAO:) Once a week now for main stuff like fruit and veg etc. The queues are awful I must admit, with the social distancing, and it takes hours to shuffle in, but at least I get fed on the same day. Online deliveries are not something I have thought of since I never did it anyway when I was at work, and I may as well leave them for folk that need them.

936?? 😭😭

It's just tragic. I saw someone who called it 'hype' a few weeks ago. The numbers will be over 1000 tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Lots of local companies doing deliveries, we have several pubs, wholesalers and even a country park are now doing drive thru. Veg boxes, meat boxes etc. Look on local FB groups for info.
We've ordered meat from a local company (Dorset Meats) but we couldn't get a delivery until May 🙄 We've also got local pubs offering to order fresh fruit and veg through their suppliers. It's definitely worth checking your local FB group. Often local butchers and greengrocers are very accommodating too 😊

What does the voice message say does anyone know?
My friend sent me an audio of it, it’s about three and a half mins long. I listened to the first minute and said to my husband I don‘t believe a word of it. There was reference in there saying that from tomorrow no ambulances would be going to anyone with breathing difficulties and they would in effect be left to die. There was also a comment saying that a third of people that die over the weekend will be children and babies. ITS A HOAX, none of it is from any official source. It’s just someone attention seeking and getting a kick out of it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
My friend sent me an audio of it, it’s about three and a half mins long. I listened to the first minute and said to my husband I don‘t believe a word of it. There was reference in there saying that from tomorrow no ambulances would be going to anyone with breathing difficulties and they would in effect be left to die. There was also a comment saying that a third of people that die over the weekend will be children and babies. ITS A HOAX, none of it is from any official source. It’s just someone attention seeking and getting a kick out of it.
Some people are so fucked up

Reactions: 14
I’m going once a week, I’m fit and able to so don’t want to take a slot away from those who need it. I take antibac wipes which I leave on the trolly handle so my hands are in constant contact with them and not the handle. I take produce from the back of the shelf where there is less chance of others touching them. My local Aldi has a fantastic system in place and it’s actually a rather enjoyable experience 😂 I usually avoid it because it’s hell on earth but with restrictions on the amount of people allowed in there’s plenty of stock out and no queue at the till. I’d be happy for this set up to continue after lockdown is lifted! I pack in the car boot so my shopping bags are not contaminated and I wipe produce down too. And then plenty of hand gel after, wash hands when home and clean the touch points in the car.

So far, so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.