Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 1
I guess it works the same as my kids if I tell them we are going to go to the park after lunch and then get an ice cream then that's what they expect and if the baby falls asleep after lunch and we can't go until later they will ask me over and over when we are going and if when we get there the ice cream van isn't there they get upset because I said they could have ice cream. So instead I wait until I am ready and say who wants to go to the park ?? And if when we get there the ice cream van is there I say who wants an ice cream ? Everyone is happy and if it rained and we never got to go at all they would be none the wiser of the whole thing.

This is what the government are currently doing to us 👍
We do that with our dogs too! 😂 We whisper to each other that we may go to the beach later (because we live near, and actually haven't gone since lock down because it's 15 mins drive.) but if we mention it to them and then don't end up going for whatever reason, they give us the stink eye and make us feel like total barstewards for the rest of the day. Plus the government really don't know what the answer is. We are all guinea pigs in this and have got to take it a day at a time, and today is actually a good day for Lincolnshire because there have been NO deaths related to the virus. ✌🎉🎊

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Not sure if this has already been posted, interesting about lying on your front to help the lungs and stop progression of pneumonia:

Reactions: 22
I think Boris is very ill. They wouldn't have put him in hospitals a few hours after the queen unless they really really needed to. They've stopped saying his symptoms are mild and now say consistent. He's in for a second night. The man has at least 6 children and another on the way so they must all join us to be v worried.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I missed tonight’s up date. Have they extended the lock down?

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this has already been posted, interesting about lying on your front to help the lungs and stop progression of pneumonia:
Makes sense, not thought about it in awake patients before.
When I was in ICU last week 3 of the ptns were prone, it’s a common practice

Reactions: 3
Couldn’t reply in the previous thread but just to say when considering the rate of hospitalisation in West York’s - remember there’s a lot of ex miners who will likely have pre existing respiratory disease. Same will go for Wales.
Not that pre existing conditions make anyone less important but obviously they will become more unwell a lot quicker than most.

Reactions: 17
I think Boris is very ill. They wouldn't have put him in hospitals a few hours after the queen unless they really really needed to. They've stopped saying his symptoms are mild and now say consistent. He's in for a second night. The man has at least 6 children and another on the way so they must all join us to be v worried.
At least 6 children...?! I think its 5 or is there another love child or two that I'm not aware of?? Anyway, I hope you're wrong as that's the last thing we need right now. I'm not a Tory but think he's doing a good job, and Britain needs some stability.

Reactions: 10
Maybe I’m looking too much into it, but if Boris is still working, you would have thought Raab would have been in some sort of contact? But it felt like a slip up when Raab confirmed the last time he had spoken to him was Saturday? I don’t think he is working tbh, I feel like he is worse than what is being reported. Plus with Whitty not confirming or denying Boris has pneumonia I find odd. If he didn’t, I’m sure it would have been confirmed. Again, I’m probably looking way too much into it. Have a bit more time on my hands these days 😖🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On a positive note we’ve made it through week 2 of lockdown. Only one more week to go... until we get our daily exercise taken away 😬 🤣

Seriously though, I think we’re all doing well and should recognise how far we’ve come rather than dwell on the weeks ahead

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I guess if he’s under doctors orders they may have told him to rest and confiscated his phone! If he’s really unwell he won’t be in a fit state to be doing anything. It will all become clear I’m sure, let’s hope he’s back home in a few days.

Reactions: 6
Couldn’t reply in the previous thread but just to say when considering the rate of hospitalisation in West York’s - remember there’s a lot of ex miners who will likely have pre existing respiratory disease. Same will go for Wales.
Not that pre existing conditions make anyone less important but obviously they will become more unwell a lot quicker than most.
Yeah there are quite a lot around the Barnsley and Sheffield areas too sadly but it makes sense. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.