Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We stay in a village, haven't even seen many people breaking rules just teenagers gathering together but they've chained the park gates shut. Could still leg it over because it's not a high fence but all the park gates are chained. There's fields people walk their dogs in here that the gates have been chained due to Covid too. It'll be too hot to always walk the dog on concrete anyways but I have a decent sized garden
Aww, I'm glad you have a garden (a little envious tho :LOL:) I'm in a built up area, but there are plenty of grassy walkways between the buildings that lead to the shops, so I can't see the council closing them down. I must say, I'm loving the peace and quiet - no weekend drunks or music blasting from the clubs. Even the boy racers have got bored of racing up and down the empty roads! Talking of gates in fields, there was a video posted last week by a Scottish farmer (girl) who got angry at a lone walker for going through the fields and touching the gates. The walker basically told her to gfy and no damage was being done. Some people are idiots.

Reactions: 3
Aww, I'm glad you have a garden (a little envious tho :LOL:) I'm in a built up area, but there are plenty of grassy walkways between the buildings that lead to the shops, so I can't see the council closing them down. I must say, I'm loving the peace and quiet - no weekend drunks or music blasting from the clubs. Even the boy racers have got bored of racing up and down the empty roads! Talking of gates in fields, there was a video posted last week by a Scottish farmer (girl) who got angry at a lone walker for going through the fields and touching the gates. The walker basically told her to gfy and no damage was being done. Some people are idiots.
I'm enjoying the same it quiet. I share the garden with a neighbour but still there's enough room for both of us to social distance. I really feel for people that don't

Reactions: 6
Like the way scotland are reporting daily firgures , total cases , no in hospital, no in intensive care , per health board area.

Reactions: 9
Went shopping but they had no eggs so had to go to another shop to get some. Whats the point in shutting at 10pm if they have no stock to stock up with?

Reactions: 4
I hope so too. It's made me feel a little less anxious about my region.
I agree. My area is low with confirmed cases but obviously it’s true that we won’t know the true amount of cases
But knowing how many are in ICU is a fair representation of how bad it is in another respect and it would put my mind at ease a little

Reactions: 4
All I check is BBC News & BBC Scotland. I avoid all other social media (apart from here) because nobody is really clear about what's going to happen, when, and it all adds to the anxiety. As far as Scotland goes, it seems there will be no change to lockdown or revision of it, any time soon. I also keep to checking the news at lunchtime and at tea time. When this first started I was obsessed with everything everywhere and it does no good mentally. Hope this helps a bit :)
Thank you! I know what you mean, on days I’ve not looked at anything I feel calm and taking it all as it happens. But when I look at different news articles etc and see all the different information I do get really obsessive and worried.
I will stick to the BBC from now on. 😊

Reactions: 3
828 have died just in England. Awful, I’m so anxious about this peak. I’m so upset for all those innocent lives gone and their poor families left behind 😞

This is horrendous, it feels like a living nightmare doesn’t it, I’m scared reading it’ll be all year, it may return in the winter, discussing banking and bills to hubby incase I die, .. Will we ever be able to loosen our shoulders and breathe a sigh of relief again? I miss just receiving parcels without having to wipe them all down, being able to do our food shop without fear or asking others to help us, not having sore dry hands and wrists, not living in fear of what hubby or the children may bring in when they’ve gone out to work/school (like I did before lockdown), ordering a takeaway treat for my kids, popping to a shop, seeing family... just simple things I miss and fear won’t return for a very long time. We all miss the same or similar things, it’s definitely taught me that they’re all that matter and life won’t ever be taken for granted again 😢

I agree. My area is low with confirmed cases but obviously it’s true that we won’t know the true amount of cases
But knowing how many are in ICU is a fair representation of how bad it is in another respect and it would put my mind at ease a little
Same here, low cases where we live but I wish we had better figures not just the figure for the whole trust.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
828 have died just in England. Awful, I’m so anxious about this peak. I’m so upset for all those innocent lives gone and their poor families left behind 😞

This is horrendous, it feels like a living nightmare doesn’t it, I’m scared reading it’ll be all year, it may return in the winter, discussing it banking and bills to hubby incase I die, .. Will we ever be able to loosen our shoulders and breathe a sigh of relief again? I miss just receiving parcels without having to wipe them all down, being able to do our food shop without fear or asking others to help us, not having sore dry hands and wrists, not living in fear of what hubby or the children may bring in when they’ve gone out to work/school (like I did before lockdown), ordering a takeaway treat for my kids, popping to a shop, seeing family... just simple things I miss and fear won’t return for a very long time. We all miss the same or similar things, it’s definitely taught me that they’re all that matter and life won’t ever be taken for granted again 😢

Same here, low cases where we live but I wish we had better figures not just the figure for the whole trust.
it’s so heartbreaking to think of all the families behind those people. funerals with hardly anyone there.

the only thing I take comfort in is that I’ll never take for granted being able to see my grandparents when I want, the world being open and free too. the only thing we have to remind ourselves is the lessons we can learn from this. I hope the world will be a nicer place after this.
(And not forgetting how much the world is recovering in this down period. It’s not much comfort to those who have sadly passed but hopefully our younger generation have a better future)

• Sad
Reactions: 10
it’s so heartbreaking to think of all the families behind those people. funerals with hardly anyone there.

the only thing I take comfort in is that I’ll never take for granted being able to see my grandparents when I want, the world being open and free too. the only thing we have to remind ourselves is the lessons we can learn from this. I hope the world will be a nicer place after this.
(And not forgetting how much the world is recovering in this down period. It’s not much comfort to those who have sadly passed but hopefully our younger generation have a better future)
I totally agree, let’s hope it’s made everyone realise love and kindness wins and it should carry on because we’ve all been getting through this together. Something good can come out of a terrible situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
936 total. I didn't think we would hit 900 so soon, so sad.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
No, we'll never know the true totals. But it really does help knowing how many are in hospital. At the same time, it's still sad to see how many are in hospital because of it regardless of how many or how few 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Anyone else seen the message from a ambulance driver I think saying full lockdown from thursday 🙄🙄
Yes I got that WhatsApp this morning. Who ever it is should be prosecuted, as it’s affecting people’s mental health. Mine included 🤯
490908EE-F8B6-4285-88F4-A4E2FB32EB9A.png

Reactions: 5
How is everyone getting food? There are no delivery or click and collect on any of the main shops here. I don't know what to do!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.