Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've fallen for the baked bean hype and bought a few tins - I don't even like bloody baked beans. Ditto scotch broth soup. Wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Juliet

Chatty Member
How can you still be posting here trying to belittle people that are concerned with a new unknown virus that experts are worried about??!
It's killed 133 people in Italy in 24 hours and only growing across the world. That's 15000% more people than the flu kills. It's going to get way worse before it gets better, and people downplaying it are downright reckless.

All those qualified doctors and experts in viruses on BBC news saying it's serious are just doing it for media attention eh??
It'll never be over now, the virus will always be around. Could be years before an vaccine is available.
I’m not trying to belittle anyone. And I’m taking it very seriously. Friends of ours have just come back from a cruise, we won’t be going near them. I’ve made sure I have enough supplies at home in case of self-isolation and I’m making sure myself, my partner and kids are being meticulous with our hygiene. Isn’t that all anyone can really do? All I’m saying is there is absolutely no need for everyone to shout from the roof tops that we’re all gonna die.
Every single on of your posts on this thread are deliberately scare-mongering, do you work for the Daily Mail by any chance?

• Heart

Elsass

Chatty Member
So I genuinely have a degree that included virology modules, I and friends all work in NHS/labs (you guys have no way of knowing if this is true obviously) and let me just say that by virtue of working in the NHS or having knowledge In the field you don’t find out much more than is in the press. You might know about cases a few hours earlier than the media if they’re in your locale- how annoyed would you be if you found out in the news that there was a case in the hospital you work at? How long does it take them to put together a press release and for the rolling news to receive this and process it into a news bulletin? Of course people working there find out first. No ones trying to hide anything.

Lots of hospitals are holding lectures for staff on Coronavirus and the overwhelming message is we don’t know so much... please wash your hands and follow WHO advice. There’s no big conspiracy. People are making these weird email chains and things to freak people out. People who sell face masks are quids in.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Not to derail whilst also acknowledging I’m derailing....😬

trolley of dreams... another 9 pack and that’s my weekly shop.. of dreams 😆
I’m not on board with this “of dreams” stuff but I’m trying 😎

0400CBB0-BFC7-4B3F-927C-CC6FB250A367.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Lifeinmyeyes88

Friend of mine has just taken her whole family on holiday and isn’t worried makes me wonder how people seem so calm about it all and here’s me fretting over every sneeze lol

Allgiftedtome

Chatty Member
You can’t believe everything you read though 😩
Sound like it was written by someone who’s friends have supermarkets and wanna flog their stock 😂

Btw my daughters school has gone to Italy despite knowing about the C Virus and now they are in isolation (in Italy) 😭 Feel so sorry for those kids it ain’t their fault their parents and school were so stupid to send them 😞

• Wow
  • Sad

Doc

VIP Member
Friend of mine has just taken her whole family on holiday and isn’t worried makes me wonder how people seem so calm about it all and here’s me fretting over every sneeze lol
A woman I work with fancies herself as a tough badass and is going around telling everyone to stop being stupid and pathetic over it.

People like her do my nut in. I think there’s justification for worrying.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
There are a lot of things to do/consider before things are announced nationally. First of all they need to actually care for the patient and ensure they are being treated in the correct location and then start contact tracing as well as supporting the local hospital/health services. Running all of this through both local infection control departments and then public health. The local whisper train will always move quicker than this and public health will want to properly confirm and collate cases before they release to the public/press in a controlled way.

Its not a big secret, its just these things take time and informing the press isn't actually the biggest priority
You mean they aren’t informing Tattle admin as a priority? FFS....this country is going to the dogs. Raging. 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I'm just saying if you're trampy enough to not wash your legs WHICH YOU SHOULD, I won't trust you to wash your hands
How are thy even comparable though? Hands out touching hundreds of things a day, touching shared surfaces, handing things to others, used for basic hygiene such as toilet wiping etc. Obviously they need washing more often. Maybe I use my legs wrongly, but they are covered up all day at this time of year in trousers or tights. They don’t actually touch anything else all day. Not sure they get overly dirty on a day to day basis, or harbour many unknown germs and viruses.

Daire

This is so true. My husband honestly has looked at me like I’m mad but I’m like you can deal with our son when we can’t get his specific food then 😂 we’d eat plain pasta or rice if we had to and my daughter would too in fairness but my son can tell if I buy a different brand of anything! I’m protecting my future sanity!
LOL

I picked up a wholesale pack of Galaxy share bars and my husband was giving me the "ya crazy?" look. He was informed they were mainly for his wellbeing.

Hell hath no fury when that "fun fun fun" week arrives

• Haha
  • Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Just been to my local Waitrose to do my weekly shop. Everyone was just going about their business as usual, not wiping down trolleys or wearing useless face masks. I was glad to see so many people just getting on with life. I washed my hands when I got home, as I always do, but that's just because I find they can feel a bit grubby affer picking up veg which sometimes still has a bit of soil attached. Reading some reports I was expecting to meet the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the car park, but I didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

Juliet

Chatty Member
Am I the only one thinking you’re all mad for going food shopping and having to deal with trollies/the general public/Sharon on the tills throwing carrier bags at you in a supermarket? Even long before this corona shit started? Home delivery is the future guys 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

SkankHunt42

I think we're just a few weeks away from doing what China did and Italy is now doing.

1) closing schools

2) canceling events

3) many businesses closed

4) wearing mask outdoor being mandatory

5) electronic surveillance

Agree with this
The people who are sneering and think we are overreacting. Genuinely what to you think will happen now? Cases will get to a couple of hundred and die out? (Unlikely!).
You don’t have any elderly parents or family with health issues?

Or you think most of us who are affected will just get a mild illness ( now we know the definition of mild is like flu and maybe a touch of pneumonia)?

I wasn’t that worried a few weeks ago. But now the experts are worried then I am. Situations change.

cushtybert

VIP Member
My friend has been to Asda and said there was no anti bac hand wash or anti bac wipes, toilet rolls were running low as were baked beans and cleaning products.
Blimey I wouldn’t buy baked beans without toilet roll, that In itself is too dangerous for me 😂

• Haha

Senmum

I’m in the UAE & they have closed all schools, nurseries & universities for the next 4 weeks starting Sunday...

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
So I’m reading Iran ‘temporarily’ released 54,000 inmates to prevent coronavirus overrunning their prisons.
I was hoping one silver lining would be Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe could be freed and go home. But no, wishful thinking. You'd think Boris J would make it a real priority seeing as he exasperated it all

You cannot state publicly police will only deal with essential cases and assume there isn’t an insidious population of society intent on chaos, violence and stealing
Sadly this has been happening slowly for years, police only attending odd number houses after a burglary or attending a shop if over £200 was stolen iirc.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I would recommend a quick look at smaller shops and pharmacies for stuff. Today I was in a little independent chemist off the beaten track and there was loo roll, all the medication, handwash. It was like normal life BC - before Corvid.

• Haha