Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bizzita

The figures don’t really tell the true story.

The criteria for being tested are that you have symptoms and either 1) have travelled to one of the hotspots or 2) have had direct contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis.

I am a teacher, I’ve had 3 parents’ evenings in the past month shaking hands with everyone. A school trip went to Italy over half term and some of the pupils and staff still have colds, but they haven’t even been told to self isolate. I’ve been in close contact with them for 2 weeks now.

I’ve had cold and flu symptoms for a a few days after a previous bout of flu 5 weeks ago. Today I called 111 and my GP but they absolutely won’t test me because I don’t fit theIr strict criteria. Even though I have an existing health condition and a weakened immune system.

I’m not saying I definitely have it, it may well be a bad cold, but if I’m not a good case for testing then I dread to think how many other people may also have it but have been refused testing! My GP said his hands were tied and the 111 service have to authorise any tests but if it were up to him I should be tested.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16

Chronically_knackered

It's getting beyond hysteria now,my other half sneezed coming out of Tesco's yesterday and if looks could kill :0
I had a coughing fit in the card aisle of Morrison’s a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a birthday card. It was great. The whole aisle cleared and I could find exactly what I wanted 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Fairypop

VIP Member
I can’t believe how much people are buying! Went to Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Tesco, M&S, Boots and Superdrug this morning and can’t find our baby formula anywhere. Absolute nightmare, I only wanted one tin!

On the plus side, my partner buys tons of anti bac for work so my kitchen drawer is probably worth about a grand 😂

• Haha

Doc

VIP Member
Infection is not death
I think that’s the important thing to take away. yes, it’s super nasty. But the way the stats are playing out, the vast majority won’t have anything more than a bad cold, if that. 1 in 100 people will die, 5 in 100 will be “critical” (sepsis, organ failure) and 12 in 100 will be “severe” (pneumonia, requiring hospital treatment) but that’s still 82 out of 100 who will be absolutely fine. The younger you are, the less you seem to be affected.

I feel so bad for those with immunity problems though. It must be really shitty hearing “I’m alright jack” comments.

• Heart

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Everyone at my office keeps telling me that I’m “obsessed” with the coronavirus.

I’ve recently discovered that I have a chronic illness and I’m on immunosuppressant drugs to help my body stop attacking itself. As my immune system is lowered by this medicine, I’m terrified of this virus.

I too want hand sanitizer but can’t manage to locate any. I’ve bought an N95 mask but as others have said, it might not actually help too much.

I know it sounds drastic but I think that they should stop flights coming to the UK from affected countries.

Reactions: 15

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Vanessa feltz on This Morning yesterday said if she had to self quarantine she would buy a few sex toys and make the most of it. So we’ll know where she is if she disappears

• Sick
  • Haha

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
The only thing I noticed was the handwash shelves in boots are bare. It’s as if people don’t know you can just use soap and water 🙄
I want to know who all these people are that didn't have enough hand was gel/soap in their houses already that they have now run the shelves bare?! Soap is one thing that I always have plenty of. Washing hands isn't a new phenomenon. Or at least it bloody shouldn't be 🤢

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
It is for me the worst part of this, those I love at risk. Hoping and hand washing that by the time we all get it, it will have mutated into a less severe form.
Same. I was practically brought up my grandma, and these days we share a house divided into two flats. I help her out with things, keep her company and put her mind at ease that someone is nearby at night or whatever but honestly she does just as much for me. She’s 95 now and in great shape in that she is extremely active - always off to a local club or a lecture or something, but 95 is 95. Physically she is weak, walks very slowly with a zimmer, has lots of pain. I’ve never been someone that obsesses over hand washing or germs, I’m not dirty but still I’ve never been neurotic about cleanliness. And i didn’t worry about this for weeks, selfishly this possibility didn’t even occur to me for ages... but now the thought of her catching it, worse still catching it from me, is too awful to imagine. It feels strange to be on the side of the worriers , at least somewhat.
Sorry for the ramble, but I haven’t let anyone in on my worry in real life and needed to get it out. Saying it out loud made the possibility feel more real.

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
If you were fully prepared for self isolation, I’m sure it’d be worth the cheap holiday to Venice! 😂
Maybe we could organise a group tattlers visit to Venice and get a good discount on a hotel, we'd just have to watch out for the influencers that want us gone 😆

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Went out for lunch today and had to use the loo.
I was washing my hands and the lady in the next cubicle came out, gave her hands a 2 second rinse under the cold tap, then under the drier and left! I used my jumper over my hand to open the door after she’d touched it. That’s poor personal hygiene when eating anyway but in the current climate it beggars belief!

• Sick
  • Sad
While everybody is self isolating I will be able to do my regular wkend shop in peace and quiet.
I’m not panic buying, worst case scenario is I will eat the OH and then the dogs 😂

• Haha

Sp20191

VIP Member
i’ve just seen on twitter that the kids in wuhan are being taught their school lessons and doing homework via an app and they’ve worked out if they give it enough bad reviews it’ll be removed from the app store so that’s what they’ve been doing. Got to hand it to them that’s clever!
Those kids don’t need to go to school 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Yel

Chatty Member
Health wise it isn't a big issue yet but it is more worrying than the normal flu as it's new so no immunity, high risk people haven't had the jab and its far more life threatening, so it can't be ruled out as media scaremongering. The economic impacts are the real issue at the moment as holidays aren't booked, people stay at home and the supply chain is so intertwined with globalism.

Like the google one it’s less frightening looking 😂
It makes it look like all of Venice and Milan have been killed off!! :LOL:

1583334983416.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14