Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Legally that wouldn't be allowed. My mum is a teacher and they're still being contracted to work so their holiday is rightfully their own.
I work in the NHS at our trust all holiday is cancelled for next 3 weeks, including bank holidays

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If I was departmemt of education.
I would redesign the academic year everyone repeats a year and no term time fines for 2 years as people have moved holidays.
We start a year earlier than most countries at 4 anyway.
Starting in January instead of September.
If they go back sept start on term 5 like Easter holidays had happened and new year in Jan.
For new receptions fund early years 30hours for all add nursery class to primaries that don't currently have one not all schools do.
This would allow year 6 and year 11 to finish their final years properly.
With all lovely things like prom transition senior school visits.
Residential trips/ tests all to happen.
No one does worse having more time.
They will have invest in more tas as some kids will fall behind.
If studies show brain drain in 6 week summer holidays then imagine this.
Other countries have much longer summer holidays than 6 weeks and survive
i think we should find ways to repeat years/ terms too!

Reactions: 2
My daughter is the same! Weekly FaceTime piano lessons and submitting her exam piece by video. Which I’m so grateful for as she has just started this year and if it had all just stopped I think she never would have picked up again. Wonderful that the music teachers are still able to work remotely too. Such a talent to have.
my son’s guitar teacher has offered face time lessons. I’ve said after Easter hols and we’re more settled with baby we will do it. That guitar has been a god send to us. He’s on it four hours a day (he’s 8 but has adhd and that’s one of his hyper focuses (should it be hyper foci?? 😂)) if it keeps him happy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Just wanted to share a positive story. A woman I follow on ig, her granddad who’s in his 80’s caught covid and was expected to pass away on Wednesday. Well since then he’s improved a lot and is now being allowed to go home. I know one person doesn’t take away from all those lives lost but I hope some people find this reassuring.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Getting slightly irked by all the “#stayathome” Instagram stories of people basically just having a lovely time chilling in their gardens with a beer. Yes lucky you, you’re being paid to sit at home or do some sort of minimal work. I hate the assumption that we all have this extra time on our hands to make the most of. I’m still in work full time along with all my colleagues, my 61 year old mum is going to her retail job and won’t be furloughed and my partner is self employed and is basically watching his livelihood disintegrate before his eyes. Oh and we’re in a tiny one bed flat with no access to a garden. This isn’t a bleeping holiday!

• Sad
Reactions: 29
So I am relatively convinced I actually had covid last week 😳 had (still have) a barking cough, sore throat, a few days of headaches, extreme tiredness, difficulty swallowing and then an eye “thing” (I hesitate to say infection as it’s clearing up, but definitely a weird “thing”). All of which are symptoms I’ve heard from others.
My husband had a cough for a few days, sore throat and also extreme fatigue. Kids coughed a few times but nothing major.

really hoping that was it for us, and we’ve all come through safely. Still in our 14 day quarantine but happy as Larry.

Reactions: 10
So my sister in law just text saying she's watching bbc and they've said lockdown extended for 2 weeks then they'll start lifting restrictions. Where is she getting this from as I've just put news on and nothing mentioned

Reactions: 3
So my sister in law just text saying she's watching bbc and they've said lockdown extended for 2 weeks then they'll start lifting restrictions. Where is she getting this from as I've just put news on and nothing mentioned
ask her for some more info...

She's adamant that they were speaking to someone on bbc who said it. I've said I highly doubt it as we've not even hit peak yet.
I’m watching sky and a professor on there is saying further weeks of quarantine will be introduced. I guess lots of individuals they are interviewing have differing opinions, that’s where these quotes are coming from. I’d love to believe it’s two more weeks, but it won’t be. Some parts of Europe have said they will start opening a few places bit by bit

Reactions: 2
Dominic Raab, Chris Whitty and Prof Angela McLean are behind the podium at 5pm. This has been reported on sky news. Yay for Chris Whitty!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.