Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love a takeaway 😔 but they are all closed here. (Which I’m happy about I’m just being selfish)

The last time I had one, the owner of the Chinese said she thought I had stopped coming because of all this going on they’ve had a lot of people being abusive which is horrible.

*i don’t eat loads of takeaways I’m just weird about my food 😂
I haven’t eaten a takeaway in years but my eldest she loves a pizza, told her no she can wait 😂

Reactions: 1
I haven’t eaten a takeaway in years but my eldest she loves a pizza, told her no she can wait 😂
We made pizza from scratch last week and we were surprised at how much nicer they were than our usual takeaway.
Just hope bread flour comes back into stock soon so we can make them more often.

Reactions: 5
I totally get what you’re saying and you’re right where does it stop. But it was a genuine question. There has to be a balance because otherwise the cure to the virus could become lethal in itself. It’s new times nobody knows the answer. But for me if I can get some garden stuff on my essential weekly shop then I will. (not me as I don’t garden but you get the gist!) ordering stuff online I totally get. But it’s for the government to be stricter if these shops are still trading there will always be people who’ll do it. I’ve no intention of clothes shopping for me but my baby will need stuff at some point as I didn’t go mad before he was born. I’ll just do a one trip to Asda in my weekly shop and get stuff there.
My daughters had a growth spurt. I knew she would soon be needing next size clothes but I left it. I'm due back of maternity so was going to wait until I started getting paid again (clearly I never took this virus into account, because why would i) Her feet was at the end of her baby grows. I ordered them from Asda and felt the need to leave the delivery driver a letter explaining why I had done it 😬
Dont know why people are ordering new clothes when they are stuck in their houses. I've only been out my pjs for a few hours a day, when I've been for a walk or running.

Reactions: 2
We made pizza from scratch last week and we were surprised at how much nicer they were than our usual takeaway.
Just hope bread flour comes back into stock soon so we can make them more often.
Might do that one night with her. I tried to get flour and gluten free flour online but all out of stock.

The only way I’ll be needing new clothes during this pandemic is if I get fatter from all the eating I’ve been doing. 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have just seen this on Facebook. Is there any truth to it? Just in case people aren’t aware, DNR stands for ‘do not resuscitate’ and these orders are used in hospitals in instances where your heart or breathing stop. If you have signed a DNR they do not have to assist you.

It just seems so awful to me that they would be sending these letters and especially at a time where people with these conditions would be feeling isolated and vulnerable anyway. I’m hoping that this is fake news because it’s a horrible prospect.

A6B46279-23EB-4977-851E-A957455139DE.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Might do that one night with her. I tried to get flour and gluten free flour online but all out of stock.
You can make really basic dough with plain flour, yeast if you have it or even natural yoghurt. We make them fairly regularly. The kids think it's a treat. I make an easy tomato sauce but bog standard tomato puree works fine. Add plenty of oregano. I even make "pizza toast" for lunch when I'm feeling particularly lazy. Basically cheese on toast with tomato puree and oregano 😂

Reactions: 8
I totally get what you’re saying and you’re right where does it stop. But it was a genuine question. There has to be a balance because otherwise the cure to the virus could become lethal in itself. It’s new times nobody knows the answer. But for me if I can get some garden stuff on my essential weekly shop then I will. (not me as I don’t garden but you get the gist!) ordering stuff online I totally get. But it’s for the government to be stricter if these shops are still trading there will always be people who’ll do it. I’ve no intention of clothes shopping for me but my baby will need stuff at some point as I didn’t go mad before he was born. I’ll just do a one trip to Asda in my weekly shop and get stuff there.
Oh absolutely. But there's people all over social media saying each journey they do is essential for their mental health. And these are people that are visiting the shop everyday because "no one has a right to say what's essential"

It's definitely being abused. There's a woman on Instagram with a thread on here and she went to the shops one day to get stuff for her. The next day to get milk for a relative, the next day to get baking stuff for her and then has a go at anyone who says she not shopping for essentials that she is and that what isn't essential for someone else doesn't mean it's not essential for anyone else.

The courier on Facebook is complaining about the amount of deliveries she is making then when people tell her to stop, she says no its her livelihood. She reckons she delivered 75 parcels from h&m to one address and shared this photo yet no one knows what's inside those parcels, could be new clothes for baby, could be presents for children off a dying relative, or it could simply be someone shopped on h&m because they are bored.

I had a parcel delivered last week, it was a pair of trainers. I need to have my trainers with a built up insole inside. Absolutely not essential as I have a pair, however they were ordered in January and have only just been delivered.

What I was clumsily trying to say is that people, rather than following what's been asked, are looking for ways to twist the rules and get round them, then if asked why, quickly say "oh it's for my mental health" because issues around mental health won't be challenged because it's not the done thing.

Does that makes sense?!

By all means go to Asda and fill your trolly with food, giant gnomes and pants but not everyday, just once a week (not you, people in general who think an essential trip means it's OK to go everyday!)

Reactions: 7
I have just seen this on Facebook. Is there any truth to it? Just in case people aren’t aware, DNR stands for ‘do not resuscitate’ and these orders are used in hospitals in instances where your heart or breathing stop. If you have signed a DNR they do not have to assist you.

It just seems so awful to me that they would be sending these letters and especially at a time where people with these conditions would be feeling isolated and vulnerable anyway. I’m hoping that this is fake news because it’s a horrible prospect.

View attachment 104111
Not fake news - it’s new BMA guidance, the idea is those people with underlying conditions will take longer to recover and may “hold up” ventilators which could be used to treat normally healthy people who have a higher chance of recovery. It’s awful

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Oh absolutely. But there's people all over social media saying each journey they do is essential for their mental health. And these are people that are visiting the shop everyday because "no one has a right to say what's essential"

It's definitely being abused. There's a woman on Instagram with a thread on here and she went to the shops one day to get stuff for her. The next day to get milk for a relative, the next day to get baking stuff for her and then has a go at anyone who says she not shopping for essentials that she is and that what isn't essential for someone else doesn't mean it's not essential for anyone else.

The courier on Facebook is complaining about the amount of deliveries she is making then when people tell her to stop, she says no its her livelihood. She reckons she delivered 75 parcels from h&m to one address and shared this photo yet no one knows what's inside those parcels, could be new clothes for baby, could be presents for children off a dying relative, or it could simply be someone shopped on h&m because they are bored.

I had a parcel delivered last week, it was a pair of trainers. I need to have my trainers with a built up insole inside. Absolutely not essential as I have a pair, however they were ordered in January and have only just been delivered.

What I was clumsily trying to say is that people, rather than following what's been asked, are looking for ways to twist the rules and get round them, then if asked why, quickly say "oh it's for my mental health" because issues around mental health won't be challenged because it's not the done thing.

Does that makes sense?!

By all means go to Asda and fill your trolly with food, giant gnomes and pants but not everyday, just once a week (not you, people in general who think an essential trip means it's OK to go everyday!)
Giant gnomes 😂 I've seen these beauties but never in an actual garden. Love that reference.

Reactions: 1
2 babies (that I know of through my sister who works in NICU) have been born in the UK while their mums have tested positive. One via section and one natural. Didn't pass to the babies. Something about the placenta filtering it out.
That's good, although those women must have been quite far along in their pregnancies. It can be a different story in the early weeks when vital organs and fundamental body structure are developing.

Reactions: 4
Not fake news - it’s new BMA guidance, the idea is those people with underlying conditions will take longer to recover and may “hold up” ventilators which could be used to treat normally healthy people who have a higher chance of recovery. It’s awful
Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
We need a stricter lockdown and we need it now. We've had families sat on the greenbelt outside of our house today having picnics and mixing with others. It's been absolutely crazy. They have since been moved on but it's not the point is it? People aren't listening to this soft lockdown

Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐
I'm 36 with leukaemia and a bone marrow failure disease. I'm not willing to sign any DNR. I've got a life worth fighting for

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I feel like any loss of life is terrible. A healthy life is not worth more than someone’s life who has an underlying condition. For a person to know that the BMA are viewing their life as “lesser than” makes this time even more scary for them because they are given the impression that if they were to contract the virus that they won’t be cared for in the same way from the outset.

It’s kind of upsetting to me that you would respond in this way and say that it’s not awful, but I understand that we all have our own opinions. Maybe I am more sensitive to the issue because my Mum has a heart issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.