Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else on the extremely vulnerable list receive a surprise package of food today? Didn’t need it or ask for it so whilst was a pleasant surprise feels like a bit of a waste on (I assume) the governments part!

Reactions: 7
I meant that in my view it's important that individuals don't attempt to direct or moderate the thread, regardless of our personal view of how interesting the content might be. There are often elements of the conversation that personally I find less pertinent/relevant but thats life i guess
To be fair to Oohthedrama, she is a Staff Member so is allowed to moderate.
I think we’ve been very lucky on this thread not to be moderated for going off topic as much as we do.
Perhaps it is because of the seriousness of the subject that more leniency has been given when posts invariably go off topic.

Oh and for those wanting some Irish crap... 😄
Edit: Eek, sorry that pic is huge!! :eek:
3C55F337-212D-4365-B3D9-9D276A87E5EA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Anyone else on the extremely vulnerable list receive a surprise package of food today? Didn’t need it or ask for it so whilst was a pleasant surprise feels like a bit of a waste on (I assume) the governments part!
Yes my mum did

Reactions: 2
I recieved a phone call from our local council asking if I'd like a food delivery but I turned it down as I've plenty of people that can shop for me. I'd feel bad taking it when there's others struggling.

Reactions: 12
I'm furloughed too but have a toddler to entertain. If I was on my own all day I would be doing a language on duolingo, reading loads, having a clear out, watching movies on Netflix, listening to my favourite podcasts, cooking or baking, or honestly just taking a day to completely relax. Self care, have a long bath, face mask, nails etc oh and I probably spend too much time distracting myself from the worry by looking at tiktok. My 3 year old was singing the other day "I think you know where this about to go"....😂😂😂😂 time to step away 😂😂😂
I’m the same! I want to learn to play the piano and it was on my goal list this year as both my children started school and I work part time so In my head I was going to learn to play the piano. But I fell pregnant and everything got sidelined and now I find myself at home with a newborn 4 and 8 year old and a husband who works in the nhs but not medical but attached to his phone 15 hours a day dealing with logistics of Coronavirus. So the piano will have to wait 😂 I do want to bake with the kids but can’t get any eggs at the moment. My mum is on the look out to drop some off for me!

That’s not ungrateful. These are difficult times, I think those of us who can still work (or have to) have a right to be scared. It’s a struggle all over. I really hope this lockdown works and people stop arsing about.
I honestly don’t know how people are working from home and looking after their kids! I’m glad I’m on mat leave. I used to stay at work late on two nights to get all my extra work done as I knew there’s no way I could get it done at home. If I ever did need to do an hour at home they’d literally come and sit at my feet and harass me the whole time! I feel for you, very stressful situation!

Reactions: 6
get you!
that’s why I made a point of clarifying it was a personal issue and not a “mod” post. 😊
Others could freely agree or disagree.

I’m really just here to post my “Irish crap” and bounce 😂🤣

*looks for Irish crap to post*

and for snacks, I’m obviously here for the snacks

edit: I’m back with some crap!!
View attachment 103331
Love ❤ Marian Keyes😃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I recieved a phone call from our local council asking if I'd like a food delivery but I turned it down as I've plenty of people that can shop for me. I'd feel bad taking it when there's others struggling.
I feel the same but didn’t get any call or warning. Didn’t even want to open the door when it came as didn’t know who/ what it was. Don’t understand why they didn’t check first?

I’m the same! I want to learn to play the piano and it was on my goal list this year as both my children started school and I work part time so In my head I was going to learn to play the piano. But I fell pregnant and everything got sidelined and now I find myself at home with a newborn 4 and 8 year old and a husband who works in the nhs but not medical but attached to his phone 15 hours a day dealing with logistics of Coronavirus. So the piano will have to wait 😂 I do want to bake with the kids but can’t get any eggs at the moment. My mum is on the look out to drop some off for me!

I honestly don’t know how people are working from home and looking after their kids! I’m glad I’m on mat leave. I used to stay at work late on two nights to get all my extra work done as I knew there’s no way I could get it done at home. If I ever did need to do an hour at home they’d literally come and sit at my feet and harass me the whole time! I feel for you, very stressful situation!
Oh I can’t work at home. I’m a healthcare worker, currently self isolating with symptoms, but I do feel for everyone in this situation. I have friends working from home with their children at home too, and unless there’s another parent there who doesn’t have to work and can take over, it must be so difficult. There are no winners where this virus is concerned unfortunately. It’s just a really tit situation all round. 🙁

Reactions: 6
Oh I can’t work at home. I’m a healthcare worker, currently self isolating with symptoms, but I do feel for everyone in this situation. I have friends working from home with their children at home too, and unless there’s another parent there who doesn’t have to work and can take over, it must be so difficult. There are no winners where this virus is concerned unfortunately. It’s just a really tit situation all round. 🙁
100 percent agree with this! I think my situation is tough then you talk to others and their’s is worse. The school I work at is being really fair to the teachers in terms of how often they’re Expected to be available online but my friend at a different school is expected to upload videos daily at certain times of the day to welcome them to certain activities etc. She’s expected to answer questions from parents during working hours, whilst managing her own 3 children. Obviously getting back to parents is important but there has to be a balance.
Thank you for the work you do too you must be feeling very stressed putting yourself on the frontline. You’re right there are no winners at all!

Reactions: 1
Is it just me, or would anyone else like to secretly see Boris accidentally enable a snapchat lens during his videos from quarantine.
IDK maybe a nice set of bunny ears or some flowers. :LOL:

Yes! im THAT bored!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is it just me, or would anyone else like to secretly see Boris accidentally enable a snapchat lens during his videos from quarantine.

Yes! im THAT bored!
Is it just me or does he look really rough pretending he’s doing just fine during being ill?

Reactions: 16

Yes! im THAT bored!
No, don’t be ridiculous... he’d look best in a flower crown

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't see why you wouldn't get it, anybody on a company's payroll as of 28th February is entitled- on any kind of contract. I don't think the fact you were off the week before, or that the store closed the day before you were due back should affect you 🤞
Thankyou, I phoned my manager this morning and she said not to worry as I was only off the week. Such a relief!

I feel so silly worrying about it when there is people so poorly at the moment. But my anxiety is going crazy at the moment.

Reactions: 1
100 percent agree with this! I think my situation is tough then you talk to others and their’s is worse. The school I work at is being really fair to the teachers in terms of how often they’re Expected to be available online but my friend at a different school is expected to upload videos daily at certain times of the day to welcome them to certain activities etc. She’s expected to answer questions from parents during working hours, whilst managing her own 3 children. Obviously getting back to parents is important but there has to be a balance.
Thank you for the work you do too you must be feeling very stressed putting yourself on the frontline. You’re right there are no winners at all!
It’s a lot to expect, given we’ve all just been thrust into this new way of life. The teachers have been amazing, continuing to do their job to help out other key workers and their children, despite putting themselves at risk and worrying about their own families. They’re not only teaching the children but helping the parents with homeschooling and providing lots of content to keep things as normal as possible. A lot goes into that.

I just went back to work after being a SAHM, couldn’t have picked a better (worse?) time. 🙈😂

I don’t mind going out to do the work at all, I love my job, I just worry about catching the virus and either bringing it home to my family or taking it in to the vulnerable people I work with - they wouldn’t stand a chance they’re so frail. As soon as I started showing symptoms over the weekend and did the NHS online checker, I self-isolated. I don’t know whether or not it’s the virus, but I seem to be getting better so will likely be back at work next week once my 7 days is up. I’d never forgive myself if I was the cause of someone catching it and dying from it.

No, don’t be ridiculous... he’d look best in a flower crown
We should start a petition! It's in the national interest for people to see a PM address while blissfully unaware he is in a flower crown!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s a lot to expect, given we’ve all just been thrust into this new way of life. The teachers have been amazing, continuing to do their job to help out other key workers and their children, despite putting themselves at risk and worrying about their own families. They’re not only teaching the children but helping the parents with homeschooling and providing lots of content to keep things as normal as possible. A lot goes into that.

I just went back to work after being a SAHM, couldn’t have picked a better (worse?) time. 🙈😂

I don’t mind going out to do the work at all, I love my job, I just worry about catching the virus and either bringing it home to my family or taking it in to the vulnerable people I work with - they wouldn’t stand a chance they’re so frail. As soon as I started showing symptoms over the weekend and did the NHS online checker, I self-isolated. I don’t know whether or not it’s the virus, but I seem to be getting better so will likely be back at work next week once my 7 days is up. I’d never forgive myself if I was the cause of someone catching it and dying from it.
Ah hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean don’t know whether I’d rather be at work or not at least I’d have a reason to go out but like you say putting yourself on the front line and risking catching it is scary. I hope you have had it and had mild symptoms and that’s you done! X

• Heart
We should start a petition! It's in the national interest for people to see a PM address while blissfully unaware he is in a flower crown!! :ROFLMAO:
I’d sign it. The skin blur would do him some favours with how poorly he’s looking too 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.