Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Peru have ordered a restriction ban based in gender. Ive never heard of any virus being so gender specific. I don't think it's going to work.
Coronavirus does kill more men than women but I agree I don’t see how only letting one gender outside at a time will help? Most people live in mixed gender households so will be bringing it home and spreading it regardless

Reactions: 10
I know this is ungrateful, but I wish someone would furlough me...cracking up trying to work and look after a toddler and 7yr old on my own.
I feel for you....before I was furloughed I had to do a week working with a 3 year old and it was so bloody hard.

Reactions: 2
I know this is ungrateful, but I wish someone would furlough me...cracking up trying to work and look after a toddler and 7yr old on my own.
It is easy to feel that way and think furloughing is a holiday but just remember in normal times (without such a big government bailout) furloughing would be no different to being laid off.
Those of us who are furloughed have the worry that due to the lack of business coming back to a secure job isn't guaranteed, we aren't just getting a great time off.

Reactions: 6
Just recieved another email from work telling me I'm due to return on the 15th but thanks for confirming being furloughed. Cant see the logic tbh?

Reactions: 2
100% sure tougher lockdown is coming listening to peoples stories on here about how many people are still bending/breaking the rules.
I really hope so. I work in a supermarket just a couple nights a week doing a later shift and people are still coming in for just wine or beer or sweets.
It’s doing my head in, none of that is essential on its own. Buy it with a full weeks show and it’s fine.

Reactions: 7
It is easy to feel that way and think furloughing is a holiday but just remember in normal times (without such a big government bailout) furloughing would be no different to being laid off.
Those of us who are furloughed have the worry that due to the lack of business coming back to a secure job isn't guaranteed, we aren't just getting a great time off.
Like I said, I know it sounds ungrateful. I have one of the mosr secure jobs going, but with that comes a lot of pressure to perform as usual, which is really impacting my mental health and that of my kids. I do feel for those worried about their jobs, I didn't mean to sound callus.

Reactions: 3
Like I said, I know it sounds ungrateful. I have one of the mosr secure jobs going, but with that comes a lot of pressure to perform as usual, which is really impacting my mental health and that of my kids. I do feel for those worried about their jobs, I didn't mean to sound callus.
Dont feel bad.
Were all in a strange and brand new reality at the moment. We have no idea what lies ahead. I am a legal secretary and most of what we do is just "on hold" as house sales and purchases are on hold by the mortgage companies and courts have placed all court matters on hold, so I hope my job wont be gone when all this is over. My bosses are still working to make sure there is something to come back to.
For me that is definitely one of the hardest parts out of all of this. I dont have a mad social life to give up etc staying home isnt a hardship for me as long as I get out for a walk in the evenings and let my son have a go on his bike or scooter, but the worry of how long it will go on for an what life will be like after is scary.
I feel like nothing will ever be normal again
It will all be "before corona" and "after corona"

Reactions: 8
Same! I don't know how I will fill the time. I need to find some hobbies or things around the house to keep me occupied. Annoyingly we have only recently renovated so there isn't many jobs around the house.
For anyone who like musicals, Andrew Lloyd Webber will be streaming one of his shows in full on YouTube every Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
No don't feel bad I just meant you aren't really missing out! I'm sure you're doing a great job juggling everything.

So my friends mum works in a high dependency respiratory ward. Shes one of the senior nurses. My friend reckons shes told her things the press ect dont know but she wont tell me because shes worried itll make my anxiety worse. Im not sure I beleive her or not 🙈

• Sad
Coronavirus does kill more men than women but I agree I don’t see how only letting one gender outside at a time will help? Most people live in mixed gender households so will be bringing it home and spreading it regardless
Not to go down the feminist route but it is very sexist to either gender. They should just have a blanket ban like everywhere else. This is not the time to think one gender is better than the other.

Reactions: 1
Not to go down the feminist route but it is very sexist to either gender. They should just have a blanket ban like everywhere else. This is not the time to think one gender is better than the other.
FYI the ban is on alternate days, it is a stupid idea but no one is saying one gender is better than another.

Reactions: 5
what do you mean?
I meant that in my view it's important that individuals don't attempt to direct or moderate the thread, regardless of our personal view of how interesting the content might be. There are often elements of the conversation that personally I find less pertinent/relevant but thats life i guess

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I meant that in my view it's important that individuals don't attempt to direct or moderate the thread, regardless of our personal view of how interesting the content might be. There are often elements of the conversation that personally I find less pertinent/relevant but thats life i guess
The chat about people fancying the Health Secretary etc does nothing for me, but I just scroll on by. I don’t particularly want to see images of animals being cooked alive either but I see no harm in people discussing the wet markets. They are still an aspect of the Covid discussion - more so than who used to watch Brookside or Home and Away. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I'm worried with a sunny weekend and 20 degrees most people will sack off the staying inside and super spread.
I said weeks ago that my sister was in management for a NHS trust and she was deeply concerned. Someone else said their husband had the same job and he told her it was all fine they aren't concerned about the virus at all. I wonder if she is still here now and what he says now?

Reactions: 5
Have just seen on sky news that Matt Hancock said that he experienced some very unpleasant side effects with his Covid 19 , he’s lost half a stone in 7 days. I guess maybe there was a reason loo rolls were being snapped up.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
get you!
that’s why I made a point of clarifying it was a personal issue and not a “mod” post. 😊
Others could freely agree or disagree.

I’m really just here to post my “Irish crap” and bounce 😂🤣

*looks for Irish crap to post*

and for snacks, I’m obviously here for the snacks

edit: I’m back with some crap!!
86DCFC03-201D-4F21-90AA-BBE892025A00.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I am stuck at home with a 4, 5 & 6 Yr old

I swap between being grateful for their company and fantasies about locking them in (separate) cupboards for a bit of peace 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I am stuck at home with a 4, 5 & 6 Yr old

I swap between being grateful for their company and fantasies about locking them in (separate) cupboards for a bit of peace 🤣🤣🤣
My toddler is always emptying the cupboards, throwing everything on the floor and climbing in... would it really be so bad to shut her in there? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.