Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Never read anything so accurate....
I did a grocery shop for a 79 year old yesterday and I’ve just seen her go outside because she needs to get batteries at the pound shop, anyone over 70 should come with a fucking lead.

you don’t “need” batteries for you fake flickering candles Marion, get the fuck indoors.
Well aware she was going for the 3 pack twirls.
Liar.

6FB51204-53DC-40B1-805B-FD0FB0078713.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Emlo

we’re all here for you. A socially distanced, and internet hug for you. ❤
I can’t comprehend the weight you must feel and the things you must see

please know we are all, so very grateful for the work you have done and will continue to do.
you and your colleagues are amazing heroes. without you we are nothing.
Each day that passes we are closer to the end than the start
You are very kind, thank you. ❤

Just a quick note though, I’m not a hero.

Or rather, I’m no more of a hero than any supermarket staff, refuse worker, public transport worker, army, teacher or other essential staff member who leaves the sanctuary of their home to keep our country running and our needs met.

I’m no more of a hero than the work-from-homers who are juggling childcare with spreadsheets, or struggling with technical difficulties, slow internet and no office camaraderie.

No more of a hero than the furloughed worker, readjusting finances to fit the 80% and keeping everything crossed that they have a job to go back to when this is all over.

No more of a hero than any self employed or small business owner who suddenly saw their income, their dream, their blood sweat and tears, take a massive hit and don’t know if they can wait it out til June.

No more of a hero than the person who lives everyday with the black dog, struggling to get up in the morning, eat regular meals or find any pleasure in the small things but despite it all keeps going to fight the fight again tomorrow.

No more of a hero than any single person in the country who sees the sun shining and hears the beach calling, or looks longingly at their motorbike gathering dust in the garage, or is itching to buy those DIY bits to get that home improvement project started but then sacrifices it all to stay at home.

I feel incredibly lucky to do the job I do. It’s lovely to have the support of the public at times like this but I am no more or less of a hero than the next person. We are all small cogs in the big machine to fight coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s like the “what’s the first thing you’re gonna do after lockdown” tweets.

bitch please you’ll probably be shopping for Christmas decorations let’s accept that and move the fuck on. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Hihun

Has this situation made anyone else realise that they don’t actually like their husband very much? I’m dreading retirement 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I totally get everyone’s individual situation is different but I’m not gonna pretend I haven’t had thoughts about what lockdown would be like with no kids and it seems.... nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Emlo

So sad. Medical staff are exposed way more to the virus than the public are too so they'll have to fight it harder.
Found out today that one of the consultants I work with on a regular basis is now covid positive and being ventilated. ☹

It’s all so surreal. I remember back in February in ED when we were testing based on foreign travel and a panicked public and there was an abundance (it seemed) of PPE and complete complacency that of course this patient or that didn’t have Covid (and they didn’t).

And then we got our first covid positive and there was just trepidation in how to approach the patient and manage them. They were stable and manageable but back then just the word was enough to scare us.

And then the first “young” patient in respiratory distress. I remember looking through his lung imaging of bilateral pneumonia with mouth and eyes wide open 😮 I’d never seen lungs that looked as bad as that.

Now ‘CQ’ (maybe covid) and ‘CP’ (confirmed covid) are everyday, every hour terms. Could this be Covid? is asked for almost every patient. There’s daily debate over PPE, what type is safe, when it should be worn and a realistic concern it will run out. But our hospital has more free beds than it ever has done. Specialty teams are pulling together like never before. And we can be confident that for now at least patients are getting the best care possible. It’s the calm before the storm.

And then the news a colleague has succumbed. Now I’m just sat here with my fingers crossed for everyone in this horrible situation and hoping with all my might we can get through the coming storm of the next few months. Really reminded of the post I read on social media from an Italian doctor at the start of all this:

Dr Daniele Macchini's post (ICU doctor, Bergamo Italy)

I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.
"The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.
"The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.

Sorry for the long post. Just needed to debrief to an anonymous friend after a bad day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

hnoz

VIP Member
It’s official, this has all hit close to home and my aunt has been hospitalised and tested positive for coronavirus. No cough, just a temperature but the doctors have warned that things often go down hill within 24hrs and have warned her husband that she will not be ventilated. Understandable but grim to have it laid out like that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Viewer1901

VIP Member
My mum walked to the end of the drive to thank people for staying in. Wonder if she doesn't realise they're clapping for the whole NHS and not just her. This is giving her too much of an ego for my liking :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking I love her forever and I'm so thankful but Jesus Christ that was cringey!!

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Good Egg

VIP Member
I’m not feeling well...

I’m finding myself attracted to a poorly Boris Johnson with a husky voice 😳😳😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Yes that is my only option I think 😭 I think I'll definitely be Giving birth alone 😭 x
Whilst I don’t want to make light of your situation, my husband was at the birth of all 3 of our kids and I can categorically say he was absolutely useless. Comedy gold moments include, but not limited to:

1. Commenting as I’m bent double over the side of the bed (in absolute agony) having an epidural ‘that needle is about 3 times longer than I expected’ (thanks..twat..that helps)

2. Post birth, midwife offers some tea and toast as there was a delay till we could get down to the ward, and he replies “That’d be great thanks....I‘m starved.” Even she laughed.

3. As I’m being stitched up from a 2nd degree tear, midwife apologises for the delay and says “I just want to get it absolutely right, if you know what I mean.” (I presume from this that my bits are like some horrible, complicated, broken puzzle 🤪).Husband says “Thanks....I don’t think we’ll be getting back in the saddle for a while, but good to get it all right eh.” As if she’s sewing my vagina back together for the benefit of his sexual pleasure.

Husbands are lovely, but in my experience fairly rubbish in these scenarios. Wishing you the best for your birth xxxxx

• Haha
Reactions: 30

grumpycat

VIP Member
Small village here and lots out! Was putting my son to bed so we had to do a bit of a half arsed wave at everyone but I think really it’s not all about the NHS. I think people who do it, are doing it for the morale amongst themselves. My elderly neighbour was out at the front of her gate waving around and clapping and she was so happy. I felt like it was more of a community morale boost than the actual message, if that makes sense?

Reactions: 29

chocolate choux

VIP Member
The clapping made my toddler cry. She is incredibly ungrateful for someone who wouldn’t be here without the NHS 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Daire

Is it just me, or would anyone else like to secretly see Boris accidentally enable a snapchat lens during his videos from quarantine.
IDK maybe a nice set of bunny ears or some flowers. :LOL:

Yes! im THAT bored!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Squarehole

VIP Member
Is it just me, or would anyone else like to secretly see Boris accidentally enable a snapchat lens during his videos from quarantine.
IDK maybe a nice set of bunny ears or some flowers. :LOL:

Yes! im THAT bored!
Something like this maybe 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Jess269

My husband has just finished a bathroom he started it was nightmare as most of the merchants are shut. Hes had to delay the rest of his customers.

On another note my best friend has just told me her brother has been released from prison to free up space due to corona. hes very dangerous and now im worried about all these prisoners they are letting out early.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
My husband has now tested positive. He’s a an A&E consultant but has been caring for a lot of Covid-19 patients and although he has had all the required PPE he has still picked it up. We are working under the impression he contracted it on his way in to work at some point.

Luckily he isn’t too unwell but he has isolated himself from me and the children (we are just lucky to have a second property). That being said we are now in week 2 of our children not seeing their daddy and they aren’t coping too well with that.

• Sad
  • Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Since we’re not doing days anymore I propose we break hours up into

- coffee hours
- Wine hours
- Eating yesterdays lasagna out of the microwave package/bin hours
- ice cream hours
- dry cereal from a box hours
- pj hours
- “dressy” pj hours.
My day today.
Faffing about on Tattle & reddit.
Breakfast - cake
snack - Nesquik cereal bar
Faffing about on Tattle
Skype therapy session.
Procrastinating until 3.20pm.
Studying for 1h30 mins.
Making pasta and wishing I had sun dried tomatoes.
Faffing about on Tattle.

(I know I live in a privileged bubble )

• Haha

Hihun

I do hope Professor Chris Whitty is ok. I know he’s in isolation but I thought we might have heard something about him or from him 🙁

• Sad