Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, there will be no visitors. Which obviously makes sense but I stupidly didn’t realise people admitted to hospital with the virus would be on their own until either they die or they get discharged.
That’s my biggest fear in all this. If a loved one gets it, they will most likely die alone.:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 14
That’s my biggest fear in all this. If a loved one gets it, they will most likely die alone.:cry:
A neighbour of mines husband passed last week, he had cancer and died of a chest infection not covid but because of covid his wife had to say goodbye at the ambulance. It’s not just covid patients dying alone. Also people are finding out diagnosis alone, an instagrammer found she had womb cancer yesterday, her husband wasn’t allowed to be with her in the hospital.

It’s needed measures but so hard!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Recieved a txt to say not to go in work today and just been on a call a lovely lady has sadly passed away. They have closed the office to deep clean today then its buisness as usual. We are fully able to work at home it's awful! I'm devastated for the poor lady and her family and terrified for my colleagues and friends 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 15
A neighbour of mines husband passed last week, he had cancer and died of a chest infection not covid but because of covid his wife had to say goodbye at the ambulance. It’s not just covid patients dying alone. Also people are finding out diagnosis alone, an instagrammer found she had womb cancer yesterday, her husband wasn’t allowed to be with her in the hospital.

It’s needed measures but so hard!
This is a huge fear of mine as well.

However a friend's mum died of Covid this week and her husband was allowed to be with her when she died which was a small mercy for them. I'm not sure if it's different in each hospital ?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Same! I don't know how I will fill the time. I need to find some hobbies or things around the house to keep me occupied. Annoyingly we have only recently renovated so there isn't many jobs around the house.
I've been doing jigsaws, reading and watching programmes I've taped and not had chance to watch and playing on the ps4 with the 12 year old. We've done 2 hours of schoolwork a day and exercise from my bootcamp that's moved online.

I've got 10 lego sets that I had for birthday and Christmas that need building too (Friends and Harry Potter!)

Reactions: 6
She has early dementia and got it in a nursing home. After not being allowed visitors for the last few weeks and she ends up getting it anyway. She is only in her 60s but I suppose needing care it makes sense, but yeah that have already tempered expectations and said they wouldn’t use a ventilator for her.
The very very vulnerable don’t get ventilated do they? Just end of life care

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Same! I don't know how I will fill the time. I need to find some hobbies or things around the house to keep me occupied. Annoyingly we have only recently renovated so there isn't many jobs around the house.
Learn BSL online ?
Learn Photo editing/Excel/PowerPoint something you could put in your CV ?
Sort through your digital photos deleting all the rubbish ones and organising them into folders for years or events.
Sort all your paperwork - old bills etc
Organise your wardrobe

These are things I would do if I didn't have 3 kids bouncing off the walls !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Learn BSL online ?
Sort through your digital photos deleting all the rubbish ones and organising them into folders for years or events.
Organise your wardrobe

I'm furloughed too but have a toddler to entertain. If I was on my own all day I would be doing a language on duolingo, reading loads, having a clear out, watching movies on Netflix, listening to my favourite podcasts, cooking or baking, or honestly just taking a day to completely relax. Self care, have a long bath, face mask, nails etc oh and I probably spend too much time distracting myself from the worry by looking at tiktok. My 3 year old was singing the other day "I think you know where this about to go"....😂😂😂😂 time to step away 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
I'm furloughed too but have a toddler to entertain. If I was on my own all day I would be doing a language on duolingo, reading loads, having a clear out, watching movies on Netflix, listening to my favourite podcasts, cooking or baking, or honestly just taking a day to completely relax. Self care, have a long bath, face mask, nails etc oh and I probably spend too much time distracting myself from the worry by looking at tiktok. My 3 year old was singing the other day "I think you know where this about to go"....😂😂😂😂 time to step away 😂😂😂
My husband and I have been fantasizing about what we would be doing if this lockdown was pre kids !

(Also I totally understand that some people are in awful situation or are very lonely and would love to be kept busy as this strange time it's just when you have made 15,000 snacks and shouted stop sitting on each others head on repeat your mind wanders)

Reactions: 19
I totally get everyone’s individual situation is different but I’m not gonna pretend I haven’t had thoughts about what lockdown would be like with no kids and it seems.... nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
My husband and I have been fantasizing about what we would be doing if this lockdown was pre kids !

(Also I totally understand that some people are in awful situation or are very lonely and would love to be kept busy as this strange time it's just when you have made 15,000 snacks and shouted stop sitting on each others head on repeat your mind wanders)
Yes! I run out of ideas to entertain him by 11am. Something I think will keep him entertained for at least an hour only lasts 10 mins 😭😭 but I refuse to feel guilty when I let him watch cartoons for ages...I need some downtime!!

Reactions: 10
Learn BSL online ?
Organise your wardrobe

That's me shredding for the day, I always, always leave it forever because it's so mundane and have bags full of the stuff! Will be good to just switch off the world and space out, listening to the buzz. Thank you 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Peru have ordered a restriction ban based in gender. Ive never heard of any virus being so gender specific. I don't think it's going to work.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I totally get everyone’s individual situation is different but I’m not gonna pretend I haven’t had thoughts about what lockdown would be like with no kids and it seems.... nice.
Me and my husband had this convo last night. 🤣
Can you imagine not having kids fighting all day saying they are bored?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m in the same situation but would recommend Duolingo. I set my daily goal to one session which takes less than five minutes but makes me feel a little accomplished. I think even Sue Radford could squeeze that into her day!

I do wish I could use this time to do more though. Before I had a kid I was always reading, always learning too. Though realistically I’d probably get lazy pretty quickly

I've just been told that as of 5pm today I'm being furloughed :( I feel sad because I genuinely enjoy working and am worried about how I'm going to fill my time productively and remain in a good mental state. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm incredibly lucky to be in this position, as I'll still receive some of my income whereas others won't receive anything if they were made redundant! I don't want to seem like I'm being a brat as I know I'm lucky but I just feel so worried and sad. I know at the end of it there still might not be a job for me to return to. Has anybody else felt like this? How is everyone filling their time productively?
I posted yesterday that I've also been furloughed after my mat leave ends in April. Whilst it feels like a relief as I didn't have a clue how to manage looking after my baby and working from home, I was looking forward to getting stuck into new projects. However given that the business is suffering there wouldn't have been much to do anyway. If I didn't have the baby, my house would be spotless, cupboards cleared out and organised, lots of cooking up batch meals, reading all the books I could, watching the growing list of things on Netflix, learning a language on Duolingo, learning more about Google sheets and/or excel for work. Plus sleeping A LOT!

I know this is ungrateful, but I wish someone would furlough me...cracking up trying to work and look after a toddler and 7yr old on my own.

• Sad
I know this is ungrateful, but I wish someone would furlough me...cracking up trying to work and look after a toddler and 7yr old on my own.
That’s not ungrateful. These are difficult times, I think those of us who can still work (or have to) have a right to be scared. It’s a struggle all over. I really hope this lockdown works and people stop arsing about.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.