Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has this situation made anyone else realise that they don’t actually like their husband very much? I’m dreading retirement 😂
My mother said she’s glad she married someone 10 years older than her for this exact reason, my dad will be retiring years before her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mother said she’s glad she married someone 10 years older than her for this exact reason, my dad will be retiring years before her 😂
I am seeing people posting serious stuff like hating being home around their spouse as they're annoying and it's so sad. Quite grateful that my fiance and I get on really well and we don't annoy each other. I see a lot of separations/divorces happening after covid.

Reactions: 1
I think they'll do a soft lift every now and then till they gradually achieve herd immunity..the only other hope is a vaccine and both these things are a long way off :(
Do you mean that basically we are all going to get it anyway as the vaccine is so far off? Sorry, I am really confused about the whole thing.

Reactions: 6
My ex was offered to work at the London nightingale as well as our local hospital. He declined both and has chose to carry on with his normal job as he thinks it’s too much of a risk and the exposure is so high. Most of his team at work have done the same and turned down offers. Anyone who has taken up the offer to go back and ‘fight’ with the NHS is a total hero.

Reactions: 12
I am seeing people posting serious stuff like hating being home around their spouse as they're annoying and it's so sad. Quite grateful that my fiance and I get on really well and we don't annoy each other. I see a lot of separations/divorces happening after covid.
It must be hard though when you’re used to working to suddenly being around one person 24/7. I love my husband but we both like and need our own space. It works for us :)

Reactions: 8
Do you mean that basically we are all going to get it anyway as the vaccine is so far off? Sorry, I am really confused about the whole thing.
This is my fear, are we all eventually going to get it?! I can't see how we will ever eradicate it, we should have tested everyone and done strict isolating from the start. There's still flights here from Italy where they don't even check anyone, I feel like we're fucked now. 😢

That's what I think we'll all get it eventually ! only instead of us all getting it at the same time as was their previous plan ,their going to let us catch it in dribs and drabs so as not to overwhelm the NHS ..otherwise a vaccine being the only hope ..but this is just my thoughts don't take it as gospel I'm no expert😶

Thankfully I know my mum is just joking when she says it. But yes I agree that there will be a lot of separations and divorces, it’s a huge change that will bring out a lot of relationship problems.

smart lady. I cleared our spare room especially so that my husband can work up there and not take over the living room. He thought I was being helpful, I was ..to myself

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I totally get everyone’s individual situation is different but I’m not gonna pretend I haven’t had thoughts about what lockdown would be like with no kids and it seems.... nice.
It’s very lonely ☹ my mental health is suffering just when I was getting on top of it and I’m more petrified every day

• Sad
My ex was offered to work at the London nightingale as well as our local hospital. He declined both and has chose to carry on with his normal job as he thinks it’s too much of a risk and the exposure is so high. Most of his team at work have done the same and turned down offers. Anyone who has taken up the offer to go back and ‘fight’ with the NHS is a total hero.
I’m probably really naive but I didn’t realise that it worked like this. I thought that NHS workers would be “deployed” to wherever necessary without a choice.

I think they were forced to do this soft lockdown by the WHO and other countries ridiculing their soft approach, their plan all along has been herd immunity, they know the economy can’t handle a lockdown for too long and that people won’t adhere

Reactions: 3
That's what I think we'll all get it eventually ! only instead of us all getting it at the same time as was their previous plan ,their going to let us catch it in dribs and drabs so as not to overwhelm the NHS ..otherwise a vaccine being the only hope ..but this is just my thoughts don't take it as gospel I'm no expert😶
I was discussing this with my dad, he seems to think it will ‘fizzle out’ (scientific term 😂) on its own after a while and that we won’t all get it. I can’t see how that’s going to happen. Really worried about the lockdown finally being lifted only for it to come back with a vengeance.

Reactions: 2
I’m a teacher currently on maternity leave, due back mid May. I’m dreading going back to school, how am I expected to work (a mix of going into school to support key workers’ children and working from home) and look after a 9 month old, at the same time?! My husband works for a bank and is processing loans for businesses during this virus, so is totally run off his feet. I don’t like to moan as we are extremely fortunate- we both have well paid jobs and are healthy, however I can’t imagine us both juggling work and looking after a baby.. it just won’t work. I’m also worried that i’ll be bringing the virus home to my family, after mixing with children whose parents are key workers, and also adults in school 😭 starting to feel really anxious about it all..
I completely understand how you must be anxious... I’m a nurse who had 2 kids at home and I’m 26 weeks pregnant, my gp has said for me not to work but I’m having to work till I’m 28 weeks pregnant in a hospital full of covid patients. I’ve been moved to a lower risk ward but the risks are still there. We’re now having to wear masks every shift. I’m terrified of getting this and bringing it home. I’m scared of going to work and to do a job I’ve done for years and that I love, getting anxiety and can’t sleep over it. My husbands also a nurse so even when I do leave in 2 weeks the risk is still there for us. Try and look into ways around it if you can to ease your mind like the previous poster said.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My take on it is a bit of herd immunity along with reducing the impact at any one time on the NHS.

So now there's all the people who got it before advised restrictions were a thing.

Then we were protecting the elderly and vulnerable but dealing with all the people who went to events like Cheltenham, so the NHS is flooded by not totally overwhelmed.

Then the rest of the people who caught it before full lockdown so right now the NHS is at capacity and beyond but most of the really vulnerable are at home safe.

Slowly people will be allowed out, numbers in hosp remain high but hopefully manageable.
Elderly and vulnerable allowed out once hospitals have capacity to deal with them when they get ill.

Except I fear there's a bit in the middle where the NHS are overwhelmed and it's imminent.

Reactions: 7
I’m probably really naive but I didn’t realise that it worked like this. I thought that NHS workers would be “deployed” to wherever necessary without a choice.
my ex is a university lecturer who now teaches the profession hes medically trained in so has a choice.
Same as those that have left the profession / retirees. They don’t have to go back it’s just encouraged.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.