Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thankfully I know my mum is just joking when she says it. But yes I agree that there will be a lot of separations and divorces, it’s a huge change that will bring out a lot of relationship problems.
There's already been a couple of murders 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My take on it is a bit of herd immunity along with reducing the impact at any one time on the NHS.

So now there's all the people who got it before advised restrictions were a thing.

Then we were protecting the elderly and vulnerable but dealing with all the people who went to events like Cheltenham, so the NHS is flooded by not totally overwhelmed.

Then the rest of the people who caught it before full lockdown so right now the NHS is at capacity and beyond but most of the really vulnerable are at home safe.

Slowly people will be allowed out, numbers in hosp remain high but hopefully manageable.
Elderly and vulnerable allowed out once hospitals have capacity to deal with them when they get ill.

Except I fear there's a bit in the middle where the NHS are overwhelmed and it's imminent.
Thank you. So are you saying that the vulnerable are going to be exposed eventually anyway unless they stay home until a vaccine becomes available?

Reactions: 3
Sorry to be all doom and gloom but I was under the impression that a vaccine was potentially years off being available 🤷‍♀️

Thank you. So are you saying that the vulnerable are going to be exposed eventually anyway unless they stay home until a vaccine becomes available?
That's it exactly they're trying to give the NHS a breather until the next wave..

As the government are surrounded by medical experts I'm sure he's been given the all clear to come out of isolation. The medical experts at the press conferences said you can come out of isolation while still coughing but not if you still have the temperature.
I don't see how when one of the factors of it spreading is the cough. But they're the experts. Personally, I'd rather do that little bit extra and stay away from people for longer.

Reactions: 5
What worries me is that we are literally heading for the first peak. Just the first peak.

then we will come down. Our numbers will drop. It will be great news and everyone will celebrate.

There will be nothing and everything will lie dormant, there will be other news on telly... we will be able to go out abd about gradually... who knows how long for... then boom! Heading for peak number two.

how many peaks until we get a vaccine? And how at risk are our health staff from being subjected daily to huge amounts of this virus with inadequate ppe.

How many on our front line will we lose? How long will the most vulnerable in our society stay locked inside? Will it follow the same trend as the Spanish flu or could it be entirely different?

the only good news is that these viruses mutate to become less serious / deadly over time. I’m clinging onto that right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think that's what the government have been saying. That the vulnerable will be exposed eventually; just when they have the hospital capacity to cope with it.

This is only my opinion/interpretation though and obviously I have no clue what the actual strategy is.

Reactions: 2
Others have replied, but I not long had an email from the head of our school saying from what she had heard we are in this for the long haul and to get used to the new normal. So no I dont think June is likely.

Just saw the new advert, dont think it grabs your attention as much as chris Whitty, it blends in too much with other adverts I think. We need something that will make people notice and do what is asked.
Strange how all the different schools say different things/are planning for different outcomes. Just shows no one really knows what’s going on 😬

Reactions: 1

Yel

Predictions on when lockdown will be lifted?
Thing is lockdown isn't a binary thing.

It will slowly have to be lifted in the next month or two else way more people will be killed by the "cure" than the virus.

Hopefully testing and possible treatments will progress in the coming weeks. But I think immunocompromised people might just have to stay isolated until there's a vaccine.

There is not going to be any return to normal for years, people are holding out for a simplistic result and one day it'll just be announced business as normal. That won't come for a long time.

Reactions: 10
I would love that if they adjusted the summer holidays so how. Wouldn't seem right having 6 weeks off after all this. Sadly I think September.
I thought maybe after may school holidays they might of gone back, I think it would cause mayhem if they changed the school year around. We can only assume 😩

Really?!? Didn’t know this 😟
There have been murders; both spousal and family annihilation but (and it's a big but)... these happen all the time, it just doesn't get reported in the same way or linked to a specific event. Although in my opinion we are likely to see a rise of these in the short term, given the circumstances.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think they will lift things like dentists, opticians in a few weeks but only for Emergencies, not checkups etc. Shops will open in 6-8 weeks with social distancing rules in place.

I doubt the schools will be open before next academic year. Pubs and restaurants will be the last to open.

I think the most vulnerable will be asked to isolate for 6 months at least as we may hit a second wave next winter.

Reactions: 4
Both my partner and I are key workers, plus my partner is the only person to visit a number of very vulnerable people locally. We are both working flat out, 14-hour days being the norm. Tomorrow and Sunday are our weekend, but we don’t get to switch off or stop caring. It SICKENS me how bust the roads were today and how many people have complete disregard for the restrictions, that are there for a reason.

Reactions: 12
I think June time for some lockdown restrictions to be lifted. Purely because that's approx 12 weeks since the shielding was introduced.

I think we will all get it, and we will all know someone who has died from it.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.