Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That article is confusing. I can’t tell if he’s actually got it or is just in quarantine.
Yeah I'm reading conflicting things upon more searching.

Some articles says he's in isolation because there is cases at the prison, but some seem to imply that he's contracted it too.
Reading again it just says 'prison sources' are saying he has it so he probably doesn't.

Reactions: 2
I can't find the post now but the person looking for full face masks for her mum I wonder if this is of help.

Screenshot_20200402-234507.png

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know where I could source some of the plastic face shield things from? As you know my mum works in ITU and has just casually said 'I need one of those as I can't wear the protective goggles over my glasses'. The hospital have NONE. The thought of her not having proper PPE is making this so much worse!!
Found it !

See my post 2 above ∆

Just saw a child rapist is to be freed under the virus release scheme ..who was it said about law and order ? they should be testing the vaccine out on those sickos instead of setting them free:mad:
Edit.. this is in America I thought UK when I got the pop up, but none the less still disgraceful.. They could be testing the vaccine on these vermin instead of letting them go.. about the only thing they're useful for..

There is some progress happening in china...
Seems not everyone in the country is is an animal torturing dog eating sub species after all

Two important quotes

"Thirty million dogs a year are killed across Asia for meat, says Humane Society International (HSI).
However, the practice of eating dog meat in China is not that common - the majority of Chinese people have never done so and say they don't want to."

"In February, Chinese authorities banned the trade and consumption of wild animals.
The move came after it emerged that a market in Wuhan selling wild animals and wildlife meat could have been the starting point for the outbreak of the new coronavirus, providing the means for the virus to travel from animals to humans.
News of this led the Chinese government to crack down strongly on the trade and on the markets that sold such products."

Reactions: 14
My daughter had a phone from her renal nurse yesterday. (She’s on immunosuppressants and has a kidney transplant.) The renal nurse told her that her current 12 week isolation to stay home is to be extended, potentially for another 12 weeks on top but she’s would confirm with her once she gets updated info. My daughter’s partner who’s diabetes also got the same phone call. I highly doubt it will be relaxed lock down and to honest I don’t want it to be either

• Sad
Reactions: 17
There is some progress happening in china...
Seems not everyone in the country is is an animal torturing dog eating sub species after all

Two important quotes

"Thirty million dogs a year are killed across Asia for meat, says Humane Society International (HSI).
However, the practice of eating dog meat in China is not that common - the majority of Chinese people have never done so and say they don't want to."

"In February, Chinese authorities banned the trade and consumption of wild animals.
The move came after it emerged that a market in Wuhan selling wild animals and wildlife meat could have been the starting point for the outbreak of the new coronavirus, providing the means for the virus to travel from animals to humans.
News of this led the Chinese government to crack down strongly on the trade and on the markets that sold such products."
I thought we got off this subject:sick:

Reactions: 3
I thought we got off this subject:sick:
Sure, maybe my tone was unnecessary and I should have been more neutral but it’s an important development to share, no?
(Edit - and a positive one!)

Reactions: 5
I don’t get how we can’t plot anything with all the figures being as messy and unreliable as they are

It is ! but let it go now please🤗
Fair, other than any other relevant news updates. I will even try and ignore posts that set me off rather than getting into pointless internet arguments. Believe it or not I actually hate those. I can’t promise I’ll manage it every time but i know it’s annoying for others to read and I’ll try !

So received my email from work this evening explaining the 80% pay we will be receiving.

I now can’t sleep as worried I won’t get it 😩.
I was off the week before (ssp) due to go back on the 24th but the store closed after trading on the 23rd. So technically I would of been back at work, but the store closed that day.

So no idea.... literally going out of my mind with worry :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Fair, other than any other relevant news updates. I will even try and ignore posts that set me off rather than getting into pointless internet arguments. Believe it or not I actually hate those. I can’t promise I’ll manage it every time but i know it’s annoying for others to read and I’ll try !
Arguments are a waste of time ! life is short enough as we can see, but all info that helps good causes is very welcome IMO.Just in cases where animals /children are involved it’s hard to imagine they’re suffering 😟

So received my email from work this evening explaining the 80% pay we will be receiving.

I now can’t sleep as worried I won’t get it 😩.
I was off the week before (ssp) due to go back on the 24th but the store closed after trading on the 23rd. So technically I would of been back at work, but the store closed that day.

So no idea.... literally going out of my mind with worry :(
I don't see why you wouldn't get it, anybody on a company's payroll as of 28th February is entitled- on any kind of contract. I don't think the fact you were off the week before, or that the store closed the day before you were due back should affect you 🤞

^ most sensible article I’ve read re: death rate
This is what I wanted to know. I know it’s morbid and horrible to think about but how many of these deaths would have occurred anyway that we simply just wouldn’t have heard about before. Somebody on here has said there’s a difference in dying from corona virus to dying with it. That’s why I don’t pay any attention to the figures as they don’t tell you the whole figure. Every death is horrible but so is every cancer death and every other death. There’s no doubt this virus is a big threat but just looking at daily figures at this point is not useful I don’t think.

Reactions: 6
I was pretty cynical but it was hillarious watching the clap televised. So I've done a 360 and am now looking forward to it.

Get your soup pans, dustbin lids and fireworks ready 💥😁
im with you girl. Highlight of my week. Thursday is the new Friday 👯‍♀️👏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.