Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone not get a letter re being extremely vulnerable? I was sure my husband would be but gp surgery said if you didnt get a letter then you're not! No checking his name etc.

I watched that ! it's really extreme measures they've enforced ,testing ,temp checks etc ..it had to be worse than they said...
That is only in Wuhan though.. not the rest of the country..they are still holding their revolting markets however!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Everyone is different but personally I think I'll be the opposite.

"Fancy a completely unnecessary Latte from Costa Caitlin?". "Well don't mind if I do Caitlin.

"Wanna nip out to the corner shop for a single bag of chocolate buttons at 7pm hun?" "Go on then hun."

"How about we go on an impromptu massive bender into town on Tuesday"."Absolutely".

Honestly....I won't go home for months 😆🙌
😂😂😂 I realy hope this is me too!!

Reactions: 4
I watched that ! it's really extreme measures they've enforced ,testing ,temp checks etc ..it had to be worse than they said...
I agree, the measures seem very extreme, it makes me think we just aren't doing enough unfortunately.

Reactions: 1
Ok so I braved the supermarket wearing gloves and a mask (bloody hell those masks are annoying and hot) we had to queue outside before we were allowed in but the queue moved quite quickly so wasn't waiting for long. I actually managed to get some handwash bubblegum flavor but its still anti bac so I'll take that! also got the last packet of anti bac wipes:mI have to say though everyone was considerate to others and made way for each other to pass etc. 🙂

Reactions: 6
Did anyone not get a letter re being extremely vulnerable? I was sure my husband would be but gp surgery said if you didnt get a letter then you're not! No checking his name etc.
I don't think everyone has their letters yet, they mentioned only 2/3 (1 million) had received them at one of the weekend conferences. If you feel he is vulnerable though and he doesn't receive a letter you can request he is added to the list via the gov.uk website.

Reactions: 2
Everyone is different but personally I think I'll be the opposite.

"Fancy a completely unnecessary Latte from Costa Caitlin?". "Well don't mind if I do Caitlin.

"Wanna nip out to the corner shop for a single bag of chocolate buttons at 7pm hun?" "Go on then hun."

"How about we go on an impromptu massive bender into town on Tuesday"."Absolutely".

Honestly....I won't go home for months 😆🙌
Same, I will be running out the front door when they lift the lockdown. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Same, I will be running out the front door when they lift the lockdown. :giggle:
I get really emotional thinking about seeing people after lockdown and it's only been a week 😂 I'll be the sobbing one in the corner after a couple of drinks

Reactions: 17
That is only in Wuhan though.. not the rest of the country..they are still holding their revolting markets however!
Agree about the markets, they are awful places. I went to Hong Kong a couple of years ago and went to a fish market, that was bad enough. I couldn't have handled a live animal market. Not sure if there are any in HK though.

Reactions: 3
I said this on here yesterday. My grandmother had agoraphobia during the Troubles and I feel like I will be the same after this. I just dont even want to go out the door but I know a short walk in the evenings helps me
I used to suffer with agoraphobia and now I feel I will relapse because of all of this.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I get really emotional thinking about seeing people after lockdown and it's only been a week 😂 I'll be the sobbing one in the corner after a couple of drinks
It will be like when someone emigrates and you finally see them after 4 years. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Feel like I'm winning at life. Got an Iceland delivery slot for tomorrow and they had dairy milk and ice cream. I'm counting down the hours until it arrives 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I didn't, so I emailed my consultant and she said that I'll be getting mine this week. If you know his consultants contact info, I'd check with them.

My poor hands are ruined from the constant washing. I need a decent hand cream, they are so sore and cracking and look aged.
I feel your pain! I recommend the l’occitane ones although they are a bit pricy (but not like we are treating ourselves to anything else at the moment)!

Reactions: 4
Agree about the markets, they are awful places. I went to Hong Kong a couple of years ago and went to a fish market, that was bad enough. I couldn't have handled a live animal market. Not sure if there are any in HK though.
i went to that in HK too - awful ! even there some if the things on the menu were animals i dont class as food...snake, turtles and the street food ..i still dread to think what some of it was !

• Sad
My parents have received theirs, you’re husbands might come this week

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.