Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be a strange dynamic, we live in a very rural area and people are being respectful of the rules and each other - keeping distance in shops etc. But talking to London friends this does not seem to be the case there. And in London- where it’s so much more cramped, more people, it’s far more important to practice social distancing but they’re not.
i don’t understand why that is ?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else feel like they will be agrophobic after all this is over. I'm scared to leave the house for work and on edge the whole time 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Well just been to savers near me for drynites for my lil one, got there and was reopening at 1 o'clock, me and a man were waiting, a cashier came to be let in the shop and he asked if it was possible to pick up two packs of toilet roll for two elderly people he's shopping for (the only items they needed were Toilet roll) but was told only 1 pk per customer, I can see her point as that's what she's been told by her manager but he explained why he needed to grab two pks one elderly man has brain cancer and only has weeks left to live, so I picked up the other pk for him so he doesn't have to wait in a queue at the supermarket for 1pk of toilet roll which have all prob sold out. Plus he's a postal worker and said the amount of parcels that they now have to deliver has risen, one was a lawnmower he couldn't fathom it also in the post office where he works its impossible to keep the 2m distance as there's 130 people that work there, and the younger workers there are still saying it's "only the flu" 😠.
It’s not impossible to
Work apart I’m a postie and there’s 300 of us in the office and last Monday our managers spread out all our frames 2m apart some offices just aren’t adhering to it I believe

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else feel like they will be agrophobic after all this is over. I'm scared to leave the house for work and on edge the whole time 🙈
I said this on here yesterday. My grandmother had agoraphobia during the Troubles and I feel like I will be the same after this. I just dont even want to go out the door but I know a short walk in the evenings helps me

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I put that up last night couldn't believe it :mad: he's completely "lost the plot"..:devilish:

It's the one thing he can't control so he choosing to ignore it ..he'll be making his retreat shortly:devilish:
See, I like Bernie. I just think Trump is counting on people thinking he did a great job handling this or maybe deliberately doing such a bad job that nobody wants him to stay? He isn't even speaking in complete sentences now and you notice him slurring words...he's been on Rebecca Lamb's imaginary hen do 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There seems to be a strange dynamic, we live in a very rural area and people are being respectful of the rules and each other - keeping distance in shops etc. But talking to London friends this does not seem to be the case there. And in London- where it’s so much more cramped, more people, it’s far more important to practice social distancing but they’re not.
This isn't my experience of London at all. The majority of people I know have been working from home for 2+ weeks now, many of the shops and cafes around me closed before it was enforced and those that are open have strict rules on queuing outside and how many people are allowed in at any time.

Reactions: 4
Everyone is different but personally I think I'll be the opposite.

"Fancy a completely unnecessary Latte from Costa Caitlin?". "Well don't mind if I do Caitlin.

"Wanna nip out to the corner shop for a single bag of chocolate buttons at 7pm hun?" "Go on then hun."

"How about we go on an impromptu massive bender into town on Tuesday"."Absolutely".

Honestly....I won't go home for months 😆🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I must admit I’m normally a bit of a hermit but now I’m having to stay home I hate it 🤣

Reactions: 12
Is anybody else actually nervous about the end of lockdown? I havent been out since last monday but went for a walk today. Actually didnt want to go.
My grandmother developed agoraphobia during the troubles and it can be hereditary so I'm worried I'll end up the same after this!
yes i am ! i am just getting over mild Coronavirus (well id hardly call it mild ive never been so ill in my entire life).
at the moment i am consumed with fear about going to shops , being anywhere where there are people risking me picking this up again. my daughter keeps waving her phone at me about some concert tickets going on sale for BTS in July. i dont want to be mean to her but i dont think i could cope with it. im not being overly dramatic but i am so afraid of life going back to normal and having to go to work again on the train. i havent been out of my front door for 2 weeks

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Not at all selfish in my opinion, in fact I’d say to order sooner rather than later as some delivery times aren’t for weeks and it’s possible your baby could come early
I agree. Those items are essential for a baby and it’ll help you feel better as well. I know my anxiety was sky high last couple of weeks before I had my baby last week. I needed to know I had everything. Even now there are a few bits missing that I can’t get out to get so deffo get what you can. Certain clothes I could do with for him as we was told he was a big baby so I got very little in first size but he was 7lb 13oz so not tiny but not the massive baby I was expecting and I don’t have everything I need in his size but figure he’ll only be in it w couple of weeks anyway so just try and make do as I really don’t want any of us going out if we can help it!

So my sister in law defo has covid 19.. she is so Ill bless her she can barely breathe paracetamol is helping she isn't isolating tho shes been out trying to stock up!!!!!! I'm so so angry!!!!!
I don’t even care - I’d be calling the police.

Reactions: 11
My poor hands are ruined from the constant washing. I need a decent hand cream, they are so sore and cracking and look aged.

See, I like Bernie. I just think Trump is counting on people thinking he did a great job handling this or maybe deliberately doing such a bad job that nobody wants him to stay? He isn't even speaking in complete sentences now and you notice him slurring words...he's been on Rebecca Lamb's imaginary hen do 😂🙈
That explains it then 🤔as long as he’s not thinking of doing #isolationglam we’ll be 👌🏻 🤪

• Haha
Not my experience of London. In my area, shops and people on the street have been strictly practicing social distancing. Security guards enforcing one out one in rule in the supermarkets. People working from home as soon as they could.

Reactions: 1
Locals in Wuhan are saying they believe more than 42,000 died there due to 7 funeral homes, each handing out 500 urns daily to families in recent days. I wish we knew the truth, the lengths China are going to to disinfect everywhere tells me its worse than they are saying. Sky news entered China a couple of days ago before they stopped all foreign nationals entering for the foreseeable, the reporter is now in quarantine for 14 days, which he has to pay for himself at £40 a night. Not sure what happens if he ends up ill whilst in quarantine!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Locals in Wuhan are saying they believe more than 42,000 died there due to 7 funeral homes, each handing out 500 urns daily to families in recent days. I wish we knew the truth, the lengths China are going to to disinfect everywhere tells me its worse than they are saying. Sky news entered China a couple of days ago before they stopped all foreign nationals entering for the foreseeable, the reporter is now in quarantine for 14 days, which he has to pay for himself at £40 a night. Not sure what happens if he ends up ill whilst in quarantine!
I watched that ! it's really extreme measures they've enforced ,testing ,temp checks etc ..it had to be worse than they said...

Reactions: 11
I watched that ! it's really extreme measures they've enforced ,testing ,temp checks etc ..it had to be worse than they said...
If they are quoting under 20k for the UK I’d say there were defo more than 3k deaths in China.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.