Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying to avoid looking at anything Covid related as my anxiety is getting out of control over it all.
I spoke to my sister yesterday and she said her boyfriends mum knows someone who works in a hospital in North Wales (I know, one of those!) and that the real number of people in hospital and dying is higher than they're letting on. I wouldn't take it for gospel but it's very worrying if it is true.

Reactions: 7
Firstly I would greatly recommend looking into hypnobirthing (Tracy Holloway has a free resource pack on her website which I would recommend listening to when you go to bed at night) it can help to try to minimise fear around birth. I know some people don’t think much of it but if nothing else I found having the recordings playing during labour gave me something to focus on and remind me to breathe so I didn’t panic.

Secondly my first baby was a planned home birth. I ended up not dilating and had a temperature due to some form of infection and ended up going in to hospital to be put on a drip. In the end she was born with forceps. My second baby was also a planned home birth and was much quicker. Ended up giving birth about ten minutes after the midwife arrived. TBH if I’d have planned to go to hospital I wouldn’t have made it because I got in the bath and didn’t get out again!

Personally I would much prefer a home birth if you can. You’ll have the same monitoring as you’d get in hospital and given that the midwife is one on one with you if they notice any issues they’ll get you to the hospital and straight to where you need to be quickly (& possibly earlier than if you were in hospital). They’re well aware of any issues that could arise and unless you live very far away from a hospital I don’t feel like you’d be in a worse position if you ended up needing urgent care.
Thank you I'll have a look at that today, if home births are allowed and I can get on with hypnobirthing I think I'll aim for that, my first resulted in me needing help due to mistakes made by the hospital there was no medical reason which they decided to tell me once I was already in theatre so I already don't trust them without the treat of this virus! I'll try and talk to my midwife about everything thoroughly to way things up xx

Reactions: 1
@Oohthedrama can we have a thread for those that have been made redundant, furloughed, received pay cuts, freelancers and contractors who have had their contracts ended/ work dried up? Would be nice to have a support thread where we can post practical financial tips and support. Thank you

Reactions: 5
This could be me being stupid (permanent baby brain here) but I don’t understand the lockdown rules. So gatherings of more than two people are banned, except if they’re from the same household. At the same time we’re not supposed to be gathering with anyone outside of our household? Wouldn’t that make the first rule redundant?

The other day I walked past some couples during my walk and overheard conversations that implied they lived separately. I felt annoyed at the time but now I can see why they might have misunderstood the rules
If there is 3 people in your household, you can go for a walk together because you are all from the same household.

The three of you then can't meet up with your Mom and have a chat as it's more than 2 outside that are not from the same household.

Basically, if you live in the same house you can be together outside but if not, then you cant.

Was this in Tesco or different stores?
I have seen an influencer who works in Tesco post about buying a lot of cheese that was greatly reduced but not seen anyone else mention the reduced foods...apart from vegan foods.

What time do you go shopping? Maybe there are less queues in the evening if more people go shopping in the morning thinking that items will sell out?

Now I want chocolate cake 😂
This was Tesco, around 6. But now you say vegan foods I'm wanting to try m&s today for their plant chef stuff 👀

Reactions: 3
It's been reported that t least 70 who attended Cheltenham were displaying symptoms a week later.

A lad in his late 20's who lives in my area is in hospital with confirmed corona after attending a party that some cheltenham race goers went to.

My old boss is doing well but still not allowed home yet as still on oxygen. He is on a Covid ward that has 16 beds. Since he has been in, 8 people off the ward have died and the beds are staying full of patients with Covid.

I'd be shocked if we have lock down lifted and businesses open in the next two weeks like a lot round here seem to think.

I've seen parents saying they know a Teacher and the schools are opening again as normal after the Easter hols.

Yet our secondary school has no idea and said their best hope is open in 11 weeks.
I think the fact they have cancelled all exams for the first time in history means there is no chance of schools going back before the summer. Our school also let the P7 kids have shirts signed and did the march around schools etc they would normally do on the last day of primary school. (It was a bit sad 😭)

Reactions: 10
I think the fact they have cancelled all exams for the first time in history means there is no chance of schools going back before the summer. Our school also let the P7 kids has shirts signed and did the march around schools etc they would normally day I. The last day of primary school. (It was a bit sad 😭)
Plus Furloughed workers can only receive payment for 3 months so I'm guessing it will be reviewed after those 3 months are up

Reactions: 2
The amount of people I’m seeing on social media meeting up with family members who don’t live in their homes both angers and baffles me. Why can’t people just stick to the rules so this will all be over quicker it’s really not hard 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Schools will definitely not be opening after the Easter holidays, teachers have not received info on that.
I think they will reopen in September. You don’t go and cancel all GCSEs and Alevels if schools are only closed for 2 or 3 weeks. This is obviously a longer term measure.

Reactions: 13
I'm O rhesus negative blood type? My friends' gran told me I'm most likely to contract covid 19. I'm yet to see this advice anywhere, had anyone else heard this? I'm a new member so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.
I read it was those who had blood type A.
Tbh I don’t think they know. This virus doesn’t discriminate.

If there is 3 people in your household, you can go for a walk together because you are all from the same household.

The three of you then can't meet up with your Mom and have a chat as it's more than 2 outside that are not from the same household.

Basically, if you live in the same house you can be together outside but if not, then you cant.
I understand that part but doesn’t that make the “no gatherings of 2 people, except members of the same household” redundant because it wouldn’t matter whether your household is 2 or 10 people, you’re fine to be in public together

Randomly specifying no gatherings of more than 2 people except if you live together implies you can meet with one other person who is not from your household, which contradicts the advice of not meeting anyone outside your household at all

Hope I’m explaining this well

Reactions: 7
Schools will definitely not be opening after the Easter holidays, teachers have not received info on that.
I think they will reopen in September. You don’t go and cancel all GCSEs and Alevels if schools are only closed for 2 or 3 weeks. This is obviously a longer term measure.
my sons primary told us they think they won’t reopen until at least the summer term. I think more likely sept though.

Teachers haven’t been told anything as far as I’m aware. We’ve had daily emails from leadership at school but nothing to do with reopening. We’ve been split into 3 working groups for who’s going in when. One week in school then 2 weeks at home - this will repeat after Easter.

my gut instinct is that they’ll try and open schools again after May half term. So the start of June. To me that’s best case scenario. Someone on a teacher Facebook group said they thought January. Surely not!
I think they'll be looking to open up schools after 2-3 months and have a longer term over summer.

BBC news had someone analysing the first couple of hundred deaths in the UK. 1/2 to 2/3rds were expected to die within a year. There's no good choice but closing everything down and trashing the economy is quite likely to kill far more. It's definitely the right thing to close down for a bit as we know so little about the virus. Then it comes down to choosing the least tit option.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I understand that part but doesn’t that make the “no gatherings of 2 people, except members of the same household” redundant because it wouldn’t matter whether your household is 2 or 10 people, you’re fine to be in public together

Randomly specifying no gatherings of more than 2 people except if you live together implies you can meet with one other person who is not from your household, which contradicts the advice of not meeting anyone outside your household at all

Hope I’m explaining this well
Thank you!
That has been annoying me too.
A social gathering of no more than 2 makes NO sense when households shouldn’t be mixing.
I don’t think people understand this and think they can meet up with a friend because “it’s no more than 2” - no you can’t!
They need to remove that from their advice and quickly!

Reactions: 9
Talking of schools
Anyone else got a child due to start reception/nursery school this year? We applied for my sons place in January to commence reception at the local primary school when he turns 4 in October. The timeline says schools will.notify parents on 29th april, wonder will that still happen?

Thank you!
That has been annoying me too.
A social gathering of no more than 2 makes NO sense when households shouldn’t be mixing.
I don’t think people understand this and think they can meet up with a friend because “it’s no more than 2” - no you can’t!
They need to remove that from their advice and quickly!
It’s confusing! Obviously the advice not to meet with anyone outside your household overrides it but I can see why some people seem to have misunderstood and are continuing to meet with one other person

You need to call the non emergency police and tell them. That is so bad
The employed get 80% of their wages paid, the self employed can claim 80% of their wages back, the unemployed can still claim their benefits. People who started a new job in March get absolutely nothing and have no income. The furlough scheme needs amending immediately

This is our position. From 1st April :/ nothing.

Reactions: 1
Plus Furloughed workers can only receive payment for 3 months so I'm guessing it will be reviewed after those 3 months are up
yes, it’s for 3 months but can be extended. I’m certain it will be, not all businesses will be able to reclaim all their staff in one hit when they open. Things will be staggered and if they’re intended to increase / decrease the social distancing measures I think this will affect businesses too

Teachers haven’t been told anything as far as I’m aware. We’ve had daily emails from leadership at school but nothing to do with reopening. We’ve been split into 3 working groups for who’s going in when. One week in school then 2 weeks at home - this will repeat after Easter.

my gut instinct is that they’ll try and open schools again after May half term. So the start of June. To me that’s best case scenario. Someone on a teacher Facebook group said they thought January. Surely not!

Teachers know as much as the general public. We found out schools were semi closing via the news like everyone else. Was quite the shock and school was in turmoil as we figured out what was happening the next week.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.