Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My eldest has been told 2/3 of her work is being told they haven't got a job on Tuesday. How come? Does this 80% rule not happen then?

Reactions: 2
I have a slot for shopping booked for April but I'm scared to eat the food in my house incase everything gets worse and I can't replace it 😭
Please try not to panic. It is so easy to do and I am the same a lot of the time. I went to Asda for the first time in ages tonight and yes it was odd - 2 metres apart outside and only a few in at a time - but the shop was full of food and produce, far more than I have seen in a while. You need to keep your health up by eating enough which helps immunity. I was worried about chipping into my store cupboard too, but stuff will not run out in the shops. In fact now there are no restaurants or eateries operating there will be more food than ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Please try not to panic. It is so easy to do and I am the same a lot of the time. I went to Asda for the first time in ages tonight and yes it was odd - 2 metres apart outside and only a few in at a time - but the shop was full of food and produce, far more than I have seen in a while. You need to keep your health up by eating enough which helps immunity. I was worried about chipping into my store cupboard too, but stuff will not run out in the shops. In fact now there are no restaurants or eateries operating there will be more food than ever.
I don't live near any supermarket though that's why I'm worried. We only have a news agents here and it's been pretty bare for weeks. I'm just worried I'll use stuff up then not be able to replace it 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My eldest has been told 2/3 of her work is being told they haven't got a job on Tuesday. How come? Does this 80% rule not happen then?
It's not a rule, it's a grant that companies can apply for. It's to encourage them to retain staff but there's no obligation I'm afraid.

I got paid today. Next payment will be the 80%. We got told today it will be either from.

A) 80% of your wages this month last year (so I guess last March?)

B) 80% of your average wage from 2019-2020 tax year

whichever is higher.

ETA: sorry that’s if you’re paid hourly. Salary will be 80% of your usual wage.

Reactions: 1
I posted this last night here it is again in case someone finds it useful
90630900_4008407375836845_7885264831073222656_o.jpg

Reactions: 2
Wfh didn’t come in until mid to late March so you should get a March payment. Best to speak to your employer.

I’ve just had my last invoice paid until June 😖
My husband gets paid weekly so not sure how it'll work. Worrying about having no wage come in. His managers don't seem to have answers either

Yet my nearest Sainsburys (large has tu clothing inside, an argos plus books and toys etc) had empty shelves.

I went in for bread, milk, eggs, peppers and cucumbers, came out empty handed. I missed the last loaf of bread by seconds. Entire tinned food aisle was empty, no pasta, no rice, no eggs, no alcohol, freezers empty apart from ice cream, no toilet rolls, lots of sugar, tea and coffee and chocolate

No cheese, chilled milkshakes and soya milk, no red or green milk and about 3 bottles of blue milk. No uht milk.

Cleaning aisle completely empty other than mops and buckets, no laundry stuff. Plenty of books and clothes.

It's getting emptier every day with less stuff to buy. Fruit wise they had oranges, lemons, limes and bananas.

• Sad
  • Wow
My bosses said they’ve only just heard from HMRC how it will work and they still don’t have all the answers. Takes a while for these things to be arranged, I guess.

Reactions: 3
I don't live near any supermarket though that's why I'm worried. We only have a news agents here and it's been pretty bare for weeks. I'm just worried I'll use stuff up then not be able to replace it 🙁
That does sound scary - I really hope it will all be OK.
Who the hell knew life would be like this even a couple of weeks ago.

Yet my nearest Sainsburys (large has tu clothing inside, an argos plus books and toys etc) had empty shelves.

I went in for bread, milk, eggs, peppers and cucumbers, came out empty handed. I missed the last loaf of bread by seconds. Entire tinned food aisle was empty, no pasta, no rice, no eggs, no alcohol, freezers empty apart from ice cream, no toilet rolls, lots of sugar, tea and coffee and chocolate

No cheese, chilled milkshakes and soya milk, no red or green milk and about 3 bottles of blue milk. No uht milk.

Cleaning aisle completely empty other than mops and buckets, no laundry stuff. Plenty of books and clothes.

It's getting emptier every day with less stuff to buy. Fruit wise they had oranges, lemons, limes and bananas.
That is so awful. I'm so sorry to minimise what it is like for you and others. I stupidly thought my experience might hopefully be the same elsewhere. Just bloody awful isn't it.

Last edited:
My husband gets paid weekly so not sure how it'll work. Worrying about having no wage come in. His managers don't seem to have answers either
From what I understand the company pay thier staff then claim it back from the government. So really they should be payed as normal?

I wonder who they also class as vital family. All my family are important to me.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.