Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are things changing? Going out for exercise is no longer on the gov list.
I hope not my little walk in the woods was keeping me sane . Just checked the Scottish government website and exercise has been removed too .

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
has anyone seen in the paper that the ppl that are dying at home are not been included in the death figures - why not
I think the daily figures are the hospital confirmed/lab confirmed cases, the numbers are submitted to NHS England, for example, by the individual hospitals. They go by deaths recorded officially due to CV19.
When a death occurs at home, it may be that the person has an underlying condition along with CV19, if the CV19 symptoms have then lessened and say cardiac arrest occurred...that is what is recorded as the official cause of death.
Other factors like accuracy in recording play a part, up until recently there wasn't a 'universal medical code' for CV19, so some deaths would be recorded as pneumonia. Also, delays in post mortems and current tests giving false negatives all lead to inaccurate figures.

I hope not my little walk in the woods was keeping me sane . Just checked the Scottish government website and exercise has been removed too .
It may be to discourage people from going out, as people are then 'bending the rules' to suit them. Surely you can can take a pet for a walk? I know somebody on here in Spain mentioned how strict the hard lockdown rules are so maybe we are headed for that to discourage those who are not adhering to the 'once a day exercise'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My eldest has been told 2/3 of her work is being told they haven't got a job on Tuesday. How come? Does this 80% rule not happen then?
Although the 80% is a good scheme, it still has a bit of a loophole.

The company has to pay the wage bill as normal and the scheme works by claiming the 80% back afterwards by submitting some kind of tax return style document. If the company doesn’t have the cash flow at the time they are meant to pay everyone, the scheme doesn’t work unfortunately.

I’ve asked my brother in law to do his fathers shopping. He is a single man with no children! Apparently I’m being unreasonable not wanting my husband to do it! I have two small children my husband going shopping for his father is risking bringing the virus home to us? I’m doing all my shopping online and I have suggested I’d add his to mine and my husband can drop it at his door but obviously he may need medications or bread during the week. Am I being unreasonable? Obviously the shopping getting delivered still poses a risk but I wash all my shopping before putting it away (I’ve always done this) it’s the walking around the actual shop that gives me the scares
I think that you are perfectly entitled to feel the way that you do. However, if nobody in your family has underlying health conditions or is vulnerable etc, then you should probably take it in turns with your husband’s brother to share the load a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Anybody else's mind in complete overdrive?

My glands are up and I have a sore throat, almost certainly anxiety induced but I've planned my own funeral in my head about 20 times 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Are things changing? Going out for exercise is no longer on the gov list.
I bloody hope so because they are taking the piss where I live. I went out at 7am for the first time yesterday and seafront was rammed for that time in the morning. Exercise classes joggers roller skaters you name it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I really hope my husband is still able to walk our shih tzu, he refuses to poop anywhere else but the park 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

My glands are up and I have a sore throat, almost certainly anxiety induced but I've planned my own funeral in my head about 20 times 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Well if you die of this your own funeral will be incredibly simple!! Friend of ours had to watch his sisters funeral over Skype this week. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 12

I got a bit of food stuck in my throat the other night and it was HOT. Had myself convinced it was the Corona and not 3rd degree burns.

• Haha
The numbers that came out of Italy yesterday were really scary. 😞 People keep saying we’re weeks behind them so will we be getting those types of numbers in a couple of weeks?

Reactions: 3
My anxiety is getting worse. I had to go shopping on Thursday because I found it impossible to get an online delivery slot.
Now I’m petrified I’ve brought it home and putting my family at risk.

I have also fallen out with my first family member over coronavirus. SIL has symptoms and was told to self isolate. I have offered several times to share items with her or to go to the shops. Last night she turned around and said no to worry because her husband was still going to the shops. I was gobsmacked. She didn’t take kindly to my lecture as she was so exhausted. Even my DH was shocked at the stupidity.

How do people still not understand this? It makes me so angry. All you need is one irresponsible person like that.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
That does sound scary - I really hope it will all be OK.
Who the hell knew life would be like this even a couple of weeks ago.

That is so awful. I'm so sorry to minimise what it is like for you and others. I stupidly thought my experience might hopefully be the same elsewhere. Just bloody awful isn't it.
Don't be daft, what is frustrating is that when I went there yesterday, there are people still actively ignoring the rules. We had to queue to get in but the security guard was just letting people in, the shop was busy, no 2 metre markings on the floor, all tills and self service all open, people buying more than 2 of most products, despite tannoy announcements saying you can't. Groups of people standing around chatting, families out shopping etc and the usual amount of elderly people, who are allowed in at 8am until 9am.

People just don't seem to care round here and I can't work out why. Yet the nearest waitrose and M&S is well organised and managed.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My dad just cycled past my house and stopped to wave 😭😭😭 we have facetimed with him and my mum almost every day but waving at him from the window felt so weird

Don't be daft, what is frustrating is that when I went there yesterday, there are people still actively ignoring the rules. We had to queue to get in but the security guard was just letting people in, the shop was busy, no 2 metre markings on the floor, all tills and self service all open, people buying more than 2 of most products, despite tannoy announcements saying you can't. Groups of people standing around chatting, families out shopping etc and the usual amount of elderly people, who are allowed in at 8am until 9am.

People just don't seem to care round here and I can't work out why. Yet the nearest waitrose and M&S is well organised and managed.
My parents facetimed me last night. They went shopping to one of the irish chain supermarkets.
When they arrived there was a man at the trolleys, he put on gloves, disinfected a trolley for them gave them hand gel and gloves and then they were allowed in only so many at a time(even though it's a big supermarket). Floor markings, one way system and perspex glass at the tills. On the way back with the trolley he disposed of the gloves for them and gave them more hand gel. They were really impressed

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I went to our beach this morning 6am with dog I’m a 5 min walk away saw 3 other people with dogs like a ghost town

Reactions: 2
Do you think the lastest ones diagnosed are the Twats that were at Cornwall and Skegness? 😊
Absolutely this! Cases in Lincolnshire have trippled this week! We only have small cottage hospitals and they're not going to be able to cope. All because selfish, ignorant idiots fancied a jolly at the weekend. The police commitioner has been on the radio warning people that they will be in full force on the streets of Skegness and will be enforcing the new laws. I really hope people listen because they're putting our lives at risk. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My dad just cycled past my house and stopped to wave 😭😭😭 we have facetimed with him and my mum almost every day but waving at him from the window felt so weird

My parents facetimed me last night. They went shopping to one of the irish chain supermarkets.
When they arrived there was a man at the trolleys, he put on gloves, disinfected a trolley for them gave them hand gel and gloves and then they were allowed in only so many at a time(even though it's a big supermarket). Floor markings, one way system and perspex glass at the tills. On the way back with the trolley he disposed of the gloves for them and gave them more hand gel. They were really impressed
I can’t understand why the supermarkets here haven’t put up Perspex to protect the cashiers.

I can’t understand why the supermarkets here haven’t put up Perspex to protect the cashiers.
our local shop has DIY’ed a Perspex shield for the till! Perhaps Perspex is hard to get hold of if everyone’s after it

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.