Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet my nearest Sainsburys (large has tu clothing inside, an argos plus books and toys etc) had empty shelves.

I went in for bread, milk, eggs, peppers and cucumbers, came out empty handed. I missed the last loaf of bread by seconds. Entire tinned food aisle was empty, no pasta, no rice, no eggs, no alcohol, freezers empty apart from ice cream, no toilet rolls, lots of sugar, tea and coffee and chocolate

No cheese, chilled milkshakes and soya milk, no red or green milk and about 3 bottles of blue milk. No uht milk.

Cleaning aisle completely empty other than mops and buckets, no laundry stuff. Plenty of books and clothes.

It's getting emptier every day with less stuff to buy. Fruit wise they had oranges, lemons, limes and bananas.
Our small Sainsburys is still struggling stock wise, similar shortfalls, hubby going to the big one in next town for his mums shop will be interesting to see if that's the same and it's a company problem. asda better stocked in comparison.

Reactions: 1
It’s not fair that they have to be on payroll by end of feb. What are people who weren’t meant to do? We have no means of paying our mortgage, electric, gas, anything. I have stat maternity £145 a week and my partner has just lost £1600 a month all because he started a new job. I am incredibly heartbroken. People at his work still get paid. self employed still get paid. Those on benefits still get benefits. We get nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Our small Sainsburys is still struggling stock wise, similar shortfalls, hubby going to the big one in next town for his mums shop will be interesting to see if that's the same and it's a company problem. asda better stocked in comparison.
We have found the larger superstore supermarkets have less stuff. Have been much more successful in local shop(s) have always managed to get essentials even if they are not normal brand ( not that this matters!) Local butchers open too and have had fruit and veg delivered. It will definitely alter the way I shop when this is (finally) over. I know this isn't the case for everyone and I can only imagine how stressful it is trying to get supplies when you’ve got all the other worries going on to.

Reactions: 4
My bosses said they’ve only just heard from HMRC how it will work and they still don’t have all the answers. Takes a while for these things to be arranged, I guess.
I haven’t heard anything from my accountant yet. the only thing I’ve heard if they cannot be working if we go for the scheme/grant.I would assume it would be a case or backdated pay perhaps but I’ve no idea. If I hear more, I’ll share 😊

I got an empty bus to my towns Intu shopping centre which is partially open as it has Boots Tesco Metro Superdry One Below ( Old Poundworld) Tesco One Below both fully stocked except packaging plain oasta. Tesco Metro Thursday 2on read 6 poor in whole store... Guilty stocked fresh meat get frozen bread everything!!! Am a teacher working from hone... Took my empty work suitcase on wheels and got six worth it fresh stuff to get cooking proper home made meals. My counterfeits at Lidl... Been shouted at... vike... Today people shouting at staff for shortages and each other for being too close.

So top tip... Look for local shopping centre with a smaller supermarket... Your still only making one outing for essentials. One Below had loads off baby stuff like wipes baby food. Tesco metro loads of medical stuff too.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Morrison’s had everything today except fresh chicken and hand soap, they even had piles of toilet roll.

Reactions: 3
I don't live near any supermarket though that's why I'm worried. We only have a news agents here and it's been pretty bare for weeks. I'm just worried I'll use stuff up then not be able to replace it 🙁
I'm in a similar position. I'm a recovering anorexic, currently 23 weeks pregnant with a 2 year old. I'm having to force myself to eat. In my head I want to save all the food we have for my son so he goes to bed with a full tummy.
I'm worried this is going to trigger something in my head and cause me to relapse.

Hoping our small shop will get better when the supermarkets start getting better. I know a lot of non locals have been buying from our small shop which is unfair.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I got an empty bus to my towns Intu shopping centre which is partially open as it has Boots Tesco Metro Superdry One Below ( Old Poundworld) Tesco One Below both fully stocked except packaging plain oasta. Tesco Metro Thursday 2on read 6 poor in whole store... Guilty stocked fresh meat get frozen bread everything!!! Am a teacher working from hone... Took my empty work suitcase on wheels and got six worth it fresh stuff to get cooking proper home made meals. My counterfeits at Lidl... Been shouted at... vike... Today people shouting at staff for shortages and each other for being too close.

So top tip... Look for local shopping centre with a smaller supermarket... Your still only making one outing for essentials. One Below had loads off baby stuff like wipes baby food. Tesco metro loads of medical stuff too.
Brilliant idea taking a wheely suitcase. 👌

Reactions: 1
I'm in a similar position. I'm a recovering anorexic, currently 23 weeks pregnant with a 2 year old. I'm having to force myself to eat. In my head I want to save all the food we have for my son so he goes to bed with a full tummy.
I'm worried this is going to trigger something in my head and cause me to relapse.

Hoping our small shop will get better when the supermarkets start getting better. I know a lot of non locals have been buying from our small shop which is unfair.
ah love that sounds so tough. Sorry if this is offensively obvious but try to remind yourself your son needs his mother to be well fuelled and therefore at her very best to look after him more than he needs an extra bowl of pasta if he's already full. Same goes for the baby you're carrying, of course you've acknowledged that. But no one is at their best under nourished, even if you've struggled with eating issues for years and it's almost normal to be hungry - im speaking from experience here. I know how hard it is. Hope you can keep to a routine as much as possible or do whatever it is that helps avoid triggers. There's always someone here who will provide a listening ear on the thread or DM don't forget x

Reactions: 15
Omg the predictive text from my kindl😵😂 my daughter works at Lidl and she s not been able to get any bread long life milk or fresh meat veg , all week.. I read in our local city centre paper that the town Intu shopping centre was part open...for Tesco Metro and Boots superdrug. I shall be able to get a full weeks shopping with bread, meat, frozen, milk, cream😁😁, bakery was full!!!! Got jam donuts, pastries, fresh cream eclairs... When daughter got home at half 11 after 11 hr Lidl shift being shouted at BY customers, nearly in tears... The cakes sugar fix went down a treat!!! Now able to cook fresh meals... Get the slow cooke r out!! Teaching online from home. Roast chicken on Sunday her day off now!! six people in the store!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve asked my brother in law to do his fathers shopping. He is a single man with no children! Apparently I’m being unreasonable not wanting my husband to do it! I have two small children my husband going shopping for his father is risking bringing the virus home to us? I’m doing all my shopping online and I have suggested I’d add his to mine and my husband can drop it at his door but obviously he may need medications or bread during the week. Am I being unreasonable? Obviously the shopping getting delivered still poses a risk but I wash all my shopping before putting it away (I’ve always done this) it’s the walking around the actual shop that gives me the scares

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Last night near our Little Sainsbury’s a gang of teens were hanging around outside. They were just ignoring polite requests to go home and told a couple of people to piss off, the manager warned them he’d call the police but they just laughed at him then cycled off.

Bloody kids .
Good old fashioned clip around the ear is what they needed 10 years ago! Little turds with no boundaries are nor growing up to be the entitled aresholes their parents are now who are the sort to go tussling in the supermarkets over loo roll and eggs

• Sick
Reactions: 11
has anyone seen in the paper that the ppl that are dying at home are not been included in the death figures - why not

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
[QUOTE="monga, post: 1074375, member

;)View attachment 100654
[/QUOTE]
🎼 I can't see it in the aisles, I can't see it on Asda online,
You're all I've ever wanted and I'll even take 2ply,
'Cause you know how much I'd pay, and you know tesco is empty too,
And I want to tell you so much, I love you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.