Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to our beach this morning 6am with dog Iā€™m a 5 min walk away saw 3 other people with dogs like a ghost town
Do you mind saying what county you are in please. Completely understand if you donā€™t want to share.

It would be interesting to see what effect the ā€œlockdownā€ has had on crime . I wonder if house burglaries are way down as so many people at home all the time day and night . Less muggings as people arenā€™t out walking the streets.

Reactions: 11
It would be interesting to see what effect the ā€œlockdownā€ has had on crime . I wonder if house burglaries are way down as so many people at home all the time day and night . Less muggings as people arenā€™t out walking the streets.

I live in a high crime area and apparently crime is down by 20%. Also I havenā€™t seen any drug dealers or smashed car windows for a couple of weeks either. I definitely think there is less crime happening here anyway.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I think in general the numbers should drop ā˜ŗ

On the Facebook page for my area, there's reported incidents of men 'marking' houses with white marks.
They've been spotted on CCTV circulating houses with expensive cars etc in and checking entrances surrounding the properties. Scary watching it.
Quite concerning that they'll chance it knowing people are in.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I got a bit of food stuck in my throat the other night and it was HOT. Had myself convinced it was the Corona and not 3rd degree burns.
I was secretly scoffing a couple of choc digestives yesterday and one went down wrong and I was coughing all over the show. Never seen panic like it when my partner burst through from the other room.

Gutted cos I had to share the secret biscuits :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
With more people online and especially buying things online I suspect hacking/fraudulent use of cards and general cyber crimes may increase.
If people are desperate for money then crimes will probably go ahead, just change and adapt. I hope there is not a rise in more isolated properties/people being targeted...with others assuming the business is closed or residents are just self isolating. ā˜¹

• Sad
The numbers that came out of Italy yesterday were really scary. šŸ˜ž People keep saying weā€™re weeks behind them so will we be getting those types of numbers in a couple of weeks?
I'm not sure you can really compare the countries. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought about it and in Italy lots of different things went wrong... First the announcement of the lockdown in Northern Italy which led to a panic and 1000s jumping on the last trains to the south... That definitely contributed to the spread of Corona. Than there are lots of elderly people in Italy and people live closely together... Average age for moving out from home is 31 for men and 29 for women in Italy. In Germany its 24/22. So that means lots of young people maybe living together with +60s. I might be wrong but I think it's also quite common that elderly people stay with their families and don't live in retirement homes (don't have any data but it's just a feeling from how the Italians are close-knit families...)

Reactions: 14
I have family members in the police and CID murder and drugs squads and theyā€™ve been told to prepare for an influx of crime. Domestic violence, murder, looting etc. People will become more frustrated at being confined etc and stressed with no money.

aside from this I watched the news yesterday, apols if this has already been mentioned, but they were saying that Childline has had a huge rise is callers from children, mainly feeling anxious, helpless and lonely. Parents mostly at home all day and kids feel as they don has broke my heart. The majority of callers they said were girls aged 12-15.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My colleagues husband got mugged just before locked down, when he reported it they said people were skint and therefore were mugging those few out and about (he was NHS). I presume burglaries will be down but shop break-ins will be up.

• Sad
With more people online and especially buying things online I suspect hacking/fraudulent use of cards and general cyber crimes may increase.
If people are desperate for money then crimes will probably go ahead, just change and adapt. I hope there is not a rise in more isolated properties/people being targeted...with others assuming the business is closed or residents are just self isolating. ā˜¹
There was just something on the morning news about scammers targeting people over coronavirus, pretending to sell hand sanitiser and medical supplies in order to get peopleā€™s card details. Apparently people are even posing as healthcare workers in order to get into peopleā€™s houses and steal from them

• Wow
  • Sad
People in the Uk. Do you think we will see stricter lockdown soon? People around here don't seem to be abiding by the rules and treating this like a holiday

Reactions: 4
My colleagues husband got mugged just before locked down, when he reported it they said people were skint and therefore were mugging those few out and about (he was NHS). I presume burglaries will be down but shop break-ins will be up.
Thatā€™s really interesting as I saw in more deprived areas people boarding up their shop windows.

Someone tried to break into out neighbours this week, I'm furious. Luckily its one of those houses where the parents are in their 50s and have two sons in their 20s and they're all at home at the minute so nothing happened. My partner was mowing on the front yesterday and earwigging as the police came round but was talking to the family through the front window.
Of all the times to be so brazen, I can't believe it.

• Wow
Are things changing? Going out for exercise is no longer on the gov list.
Would exercise come under ā€œhealth reasonsā€?
Does anyone have a screenshot of the original guidelines where it said exercise so that we can compare the two?

Reactions: 1

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.