Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God that Spanish lass is getting a lot of grief.
Unfortunately too many people seem to think they/their family are a special circumstance that the rules don't apply to. Or are obsessed with the exact letter of the law rather than the spirit of it which is STAY AT HOME.
Eat weird combinations of food if you have to. Better than spreading illness.
There are a lot of people who are just not listening. Friend who works in retail store inside a supermarket says that customers have been ringing, asking if theyre open, when theyre told that they are but it should be combined with your essential shop, most replied with "well i'll just say im shopping if im asked" 🤷‍♀️ Paint for your home or curtains is not essential and it's not worth infecting others or yourself for. Ok kids toys, but christmas was 3 months ago.

maybe dramatic, but I'd rather my kids be bored than dead sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I hadnt seen any of that information😊 I don’t let me husband or son wear their shoes incase they ruin my rug 😂

I could have sworn that someone earlier said not to wear gloves esp to a super market? I do have gloves but have been mindful about wearing them. Food for thought I guess
I read "rug" as "vag" at first and was like wtf. HAHAHHA

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gloves are the best protection for your hands. You must discard or disinfect them every few hours, it is masks that don't do very much unless you are infected and hand sanitiser is not anywhere near as good as gloves.
Here in the UK I have seen repeated advice from Health Care professionals that gloves are not recommended. It's best just to wash your hands.

Reactions: 7
Here in the UK I have seen repeated advice from Health Care professionals that gloves are not recommended. It's best just to wash your hands.
At work my boss wanted to get gloves for handling money but it seemed pointless. I’d rather just regularly wash my hands. I touch money, then touch a glass to pour a pint and the germs I just touched on the money are on the glass.

I know it’s the same with hands, but I would take money after pouring drinks then sanitise my hands straight away after handing money if that’s how they were paying. Thankfully most paid with card so it wasn’t a huge issue.

Reactions: 2
is anyone watching the ROI updates. Really didn’t expect this.
obviously it’s the right thing to do, just a shock.

Reactions: 6
My mum works in intensive care and is just home from her first shift since the outbreak. She said it wasn't nice but also not too bad but not many cases here. She was given a letter in case she's stopped by the police on the way to work and told to be careful as people are following them home from work and stealing their NHS ID so they can get into supermarkets for the special times etc. What the actual F?! Who does that?!

@Oohthedrama Whats the ROI update?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
A couple of weeks ago a Dr over in Italy spoke about this exact situation. How there would be the calm before the storm, when it was very quiet because appointments had been cancelled and the numbers of patients coming in wasn't too overwhelming. He said it suddenly became a tsunami and that the UK needed to be ready.
I'm not sure where I read it though, if it was a full article or several tweets by someone, sorry.
Always better to stay ahead of the game..I read last night that letting the Valencia game go ahead was like literally dropping a biological bomb on the Italians..There were 40,000 went to Valencia from Bergamo for the game, not to mention the thousands in the bars etc watching on TV ..they were a walking virus spreading it everywhere they went ,through their friends and families..the whole Bergamo region was saturated with no hope of containing it..I still think the UK measures were in place a lot earlier ..It's just getting people to take it serious and tbf a lot are...

Reactions: 11
he’s reluctant to use the word lockdown..... but it’s a bleeping Chubb lock lockdown.

its needed, just a shock!
It's sounds similar to what we have here?

• The exceptions to this are:
  • To go to, or home from, work
  • To get food
  • To get medicine
  • For "vital" family reasons
  • For "brief" physical exercise - within 2km of your home
  • For farming activities involved in the production of food

Reactions: 6
was wondering if anyone knows the definition of "nhs front line staff" in regards to anti-gen testing?! I'm thinking just nurses/drs etc.

But, the reason i ask is because my mum is currently in self isolation with all the corona virus symptoms starting last weekend (she says its hell)! She's actually a receptionist in A&E. I'm googling trying to find out if she'd be eligible to be tested as she's also a carer for vulnerable family members so at the moment its a hard juggle between me being a "vulnerable" person, trying to get food for them, my mum and ourselves as theirs no delivery slots at all anywhere! This test could obviously clear her to go back to work, help our elders out when better etc. just ahhhh so stressed and looking for some positivity lol
I'm sure she would qualify because as a receptionist she'll be coming into contact with patients.

Reactions: 3
he’s reluctant to use the word lockdown..... but it’s a bleeping Chubb lock lockdown.

its needed, just a shock!
The doctor that was on after Leo has said the measures are working ,helping to contain ..so it seems what people were saying earlier seems to be true ..that was from different parts of the countries...so that's a plus..

Reactions: 9
Ive never posted on here before but thought i would post a little bit of positivity. I dont know if anywhere else is doing this but one of the schools in my local area are using 3d printers to make protective face masks for nhs workers. After a crappy day, it was a little ray of light in all this darkness.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock and Prince Charles walked into a bar.... 😐
Too soon...they are all still closed 😉

To think last week we were laughing about a Tea-shock.
This needs to happen over here ASAP. We will all be focused on Boris' symptoms though and not think about how serious this will become ☹ Today has scared me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's sounds similar to what we have here?

• The exceptions to this are:
  • To go to, or home from, work
  • To get food
  • To get medicine
  • For "vital" family reasons
  • For "brief" physical exercise - within 2km of your home
  • For farming activities involved in the production of food
No these seem more stringent than the UK ...ROI were already ahead in implementing the soft lockdown..

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.