Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Having a very down and sad day about it all today. I travelled back to my family home last Wednesday, knowing we would be on lockdown and not wanting to be in my house 100 miles away on my own. But I miss my usual life there, I miss my boyfriend so much, I miss my job and colleagues and friends. It’s been a very overwhelming week :(
Our whole structure of life has been turned upside down, so what you feel (and I feel) is a mixture of fear, and grief. Fear of a virus which is invisible but contagious, fear of running out of supplies, fear of losing financial security, fear of losing people. Grief for loved ones, grief for reduced freedoms, grief for loss of routine and social interaction and the list goes on. What I mean to say is that processing all this for the past few weeks and for the coming weeks is a lot, and it was unexpected. Our poor minds and bodies are resilient but encountering so much at the minute. It's okay to be sad. Hold onto whatever you can that gives you joy, even if that is only a mere glimmer of hope to something you can look forward to (like plans) in the future.

I'm scared very much, but am also learning things I took for granted.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Having a worry, I have incurable cancer and medication induced heart failure. I am stable just now though and on treatment but not chemo so I am not one if the vulnerable ones who need to shield. I took my kids out of school before the closures and we have barely been out. Eldest son (15) had to go into school last thu and fro to sort exam evidnve as the exams were cancelled. Yesterday he said he didn’t know what was wrong but he felt emotionally and physically tired then Last night he had tummy ache and diarrhea, today still a tummy ache, headache and excuritiating ear pain which almost made him cry. His temp is normal. He’s taken himself to bed and hasn’t looked at his tv or phone. He’s usually fit and well. He’s keeping an extra distance away from me. He’s so worried he passes anything to me. I feel helpless and scared. I am a single parent. It’s me, my 13 and 15 year old in the house.
I just wanted to get that out so it doesn’t keep tormenting my mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 25

birdiefly246

VIP Member
To be honest, i don't mind the clapping and it is a lovely gesture.
HOWEVER, My family member works in argos and last week alone argos took more than over christmas! they've now shut the stores but have left the small stores in supermarkets open. It has been far more non-essential items than essential ones. Paint for your home is not an essential bloody item. neither is a bbq. Kids toys okay maybe, but christmas was 3 friggin months ago!
one woman apparently went in (with a baby!!) had a look at some curtains and then left. They served over 300 people in one day after the lockdown was announced.

so while I like the idea of the clapping. The real way we can appreciate NHS workers is to listen to their advice and stay inside...
Not go shopping for fucking curtains during a pandemic.

Rant over.

Reactions: 24

Kermy5

God that Spanish lass is getting a lot of grief.
Unfortunately too many people seem to think they/their family are a special circumstance that the rules don't apply to. Or are obsessed with the exact letter of the law rather than the spirit of it which is STAY AT HOME.
Eat weird combinations of food if you have to. Better than spreading illness.
My cat keeps moaning about the cheap crap food I bought him and honestly if he carries on I'm gunna eat him.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Day 28 of this weird kinda lockdown/isolation thing.

if you put fake eyes on an orange it can control all the other fruit in the fruit bowl, most of the preserves, and possibly the whole household by 5pm.
Like this...
You’re welcome

81D2EE28-0D0A-40F5-9188-8080A3FC0ED8.jpeg

Wash your hands. 😬

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
fucktard of the week....we had Branson last time, next up...Ramsey!!!

Gordon Ramsey has laid off 500 staff. One of his chefs called him 'a little piece of shit' for doing so. Ramsey is worth £140 million. Another rich man who won't dip into his pockets to support his staff.

2E63BF13-5E17-4867-8FA2-7228574B3A0A.jpeg

His net worth aside.... aren’t the government paying 80% If he kept the staff on ???

• Angry
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It's Friday.... Wine has graduated from a wine glass to a gin glass this week.... Next week who knows...🍷
I remember Friday!!!
back when weeks were broken into weekdays and weekends one of the weekdays was called Friday right???

now it feels like 168 hours-day broken up by snacks tears and naps!!!! 🙂 #imfine #totallyfine #totally

• Haha

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Spoke to my pal who is a nurse in a central London hospital today. She said contrary to what your might expect it's very much a 'calm before the storm' atmosphere. They aren't overwhelmed, which is great to hear, she even says it's quieter than usual because of routine appointments being cancelled. But at the same time there's the ominous sense of something on the horizon.

Reminds me of that terrible film pearl harbour. You see the nurses all bored our of their minds in the very white very quiet hospital and its pretty effective when you know what's coming.... Later in the film it's all chaos blood and death
Apparently a&e numbers are massively down too, perhaps a realisation for people that many things are not that serious and warrant an a&e visit.

Reactions: 23

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Next online is closing. GOOD! Other online fashion retailers take note and stop trying to profit off the fact most people need to stay home so they may get bored and order some clothes.

When online fashion retailers stay open everyone involved is in work risking theirs and their families health all because some plonkers still want their trainers, bedding sets and must have clothes to wear whilst sat at home.

Not even sorry if some on here are still ordering from the online fashion retailers and catalogues and this rubs them the wrong way, its my intention.

Our bosses are putting us all at risk...the warehouse staff who pick your order, the phone staff who listen to your utter waffle, the couriers and depots who have to sort the NON ESSENTIAL parcels and deliver them.

Ranting as my firm remains open, putting its warehouse and phone staff at risk.

Ive never posted on here before but thought i would post a little bit of positivity. I dont know if anywhere else is doing this but one of the schools in my local area are using 3d printers to make protective face masks for nhs workers. After a crappy day, it was a little ray of light in all this darkness.

Attachments

• Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Suddenly our under funded and under resourced police forces feel that their time is now best spent harassing the public with drones and on bikes whilst people are taking their “government approved” exercise, journeys to get food or medicine whilst keeping distance. WTAF? Go solve some actual crime you f*cktards.

And addicts don’t chose to be addicts. They are not enjoying being on drugs they are seeking escape from other pain. Often the addiction is the result of a trauma that has caused them mental health problems that they haven’t been able to overcome and need to escape and numb their reality. They need compassion and assistance not some knob on a BMX in hi vis screaming at him - terrifying.
That's objectionable, my husband works for the police in a civilian role. Every day he and his police officer colleagues work their backsides off trying to keep law and order going so that everyone else (including you!) can live in a safer environment. Every day they are faced with dealing with situations that may result in personal injury or worse - remember PC Andrew Harper?? He was in the same force as my hysband and therefore a colleague, albeit indirectly. Please stop and think before you call our police officers "f*cktards".

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
A local business that normally delivers fruit and veg to restaurants are delivering to residential addresses. Today my order, ( no contact delivery) arrived, I have never been so happy to see a box of fresh produce. I shouted my thanks out of the window (slightly embarrassing) The simple things eh!

• Heart

Kermy5

Screenshot_20200327-085757_Facebook.jpg
I can't get my head around this at all 😭 Are they really cremating people with no burial?! This is absolutely brutal. I'm furious at the idiots still going out. My anxiety is off the charts.

• Sad
  • Wow

Naataaliiee

Hubby has been to our local ASDA this morning and they have a one way system in place, with arrows on the floor and indicators to make sure you stand 2m away from others. He said about 10% of people are following it. I hope they implement it properly and MAKE people follow it.

Also, I have to say that i’m totally here for that type of system after this virus, too! Hate people who wander aimlessly round the shop and don’t write their list in perfect store order 😂 .... just me, then?!

• Haha
  • Sad

Woopsagain

Today is probably my oh last working day, he's in the construction industry on new build houses and all the sites are now closing.
We were watching GMTV and they were discussing how the government will pay self employed people and how they have to wait until June for any payment. Kate Garraway made a comment "we'll they are waiting for the government handout" what a unappropriated choice of word HANDOUT
I am enraged by her choice of word. It's not a handout people are entitled to this payment they have no income.
I am so god dam angry.
Stupid, stupid insensitive bint she is.

• Angry
  • Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
Just got off the ‘phone to my mum.
She said she ”nipped” to Tesco this morning for a newspaper! Couldn’t believe the social distancing queue, so decided against buying the paper and went to the front and asked if she could use their toilet! Wtf?! Then went to the local shop for her paper. Yes that essential item!
Then said she usually walks her dog twice a day so how would they know? I’m afraid I shouted at her then.
At the end of the conversation she said she hoped things would be better next week so that I could go out to celebrate my birthday! Arghhhhhhh!
How is she not getting this?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

KateESJ

VIP Member
God, I would LOVE to sell my soul to show my appreciation to the NHS.

They kept me going when my son was sick, they were SO great with him. He began to enjoy being in the hospital and told me once that the nurses were more fun than me.

I don’t know how they see what they see everyday and do what they do everyday but I have so much respect for them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22