Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Team JCM

VIP Member
Today is probably my oh last working day, he's in the construction industry on new build houses and all the sites are now closing.
We were watching GMTV and they were discussing how the government will pay self employed people and how they have to wait until June for any payment. Kate Garraway made a comment "we'll they are waiting for the government handout" what a unappropriated choice of word HANDOUT
I am enraged by her choice of word. It's not a handout people are entitled to this payment they have no income.
I am so god dam angry.
Stupid, stupid insensitive bint she is.
Freudian slip

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Anybody else still awaiting verification from the volunteer scheme? I registered over 48 hours ago...
Do you live in the North or South? I feel like they need more volunteers for the South who have been hit harder so wonder if they're doing southern volunteers first?

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Anyone in a similar position to us? Very confused with the self employed announcement. My partner is a sub contractor, so doesn’t actually earn a ‘profit’ he’s effectively paid a wage, yet still classed as self employed! Unsure if we can even get the help, although getting it in bloody June will be no help for us anyway 😂

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
it says we are only entitled to £12 a week :(
Similar happened to my husband and I years ago when I was 8 months pregnant and not working and he was off sick but his sick pay stopped. Tried to apply for help but they kept saying he had a job. I said 'yes but he can't do it'. They said 'but he still has a job'. Said we may get 10p per week! They also wanted to see our kids savings books! In the end, we were very lucky that his firm were taken over by another company and the sickness policy changed and he was able to claim sick pay again.

I'm very sorry for your situation, it seems unfair. I noticed at PM Question time this week an MP mentioned a situation one of her constituents was in and Boris said they would sort it out. Maybe contact your local MP?

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I've been trying to find a face mask online, any websites anyone would recommend for it to be delivered before the majority say (May?!)?

In response to the person on the last thread who’s partner is using the fact they are still working to be a complete arse - yes, I am in the same boat!

Everything is “well I’m working”, “you’re not going anywhere”, “you can do it as you’ve not got much else happening”.

Also, he keeps having video conference calls in the makeshift office desk area we have put together for him and he doesn’t even like me walking across the back to get something from the other side of the room. The office is in our bedroom in one corner so it’s not in the most practical place but it is where there was space to have a desk!
Made me feel better at least mines out the house x feel sorry for you now x

EmmaB19

was wondering if anyone knows the definition of "nhs front line staff" in regards to anti-gen testing?! I'm thinking just nurses/drs etc.

But, the reason i ask is because my mum is currently in self isolation with all the corona virus symptoms starting last weekend (she says its hell)! She's actually a receptionist in A&E. I'm googling trying to find out if she'd be eligible to be tested as she's also a carer for vulnerable family members so at the moment its a hard juggle between me being a "vulnerable" person, trying to get food for them, my mum and ourselves as theirs no delivery slots at all anywhere! This test could obviously clear her to go back to work, help our elders out when better etc. just ahhhh so stressed and looking for some positivity lol

Globe

Does anyone go for B12 injections? My next appointment is in a couple weeks and hasn't yet been cancelled but I think it's worth postponing right? I'm a single parent so my 7yo would also have to come.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
BBC news says 181 🤷‍♀️

UK coronavirus deaths rise to 759
The number of coronavirus deaths in the UK has risen from 578 to 759, according to the Department of Health. This is the biggest rise in deaths that the country has seen so far.
14,579 have now tested positive for the disease, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Yes sorry...I had one of those pop ups on my laptop that said 191 but they obviously got it wrong as now it's changed to 181!