Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KateESJ

VIP Member
I hung out my window to clap. Newly missed it and was upstairs.

Am I the only one getting annoyed at preachy posts on SM slating people who didn’t go out turning what is a nice thing into something bad? I’ve even seen posts wishing the virus on those who didn’t 😡
I’ve seen the same. “Shame on you all who didn’t appreciate the NHS tonight!”
Like, sorry for nursing my crying kid and not taking him out in the cold to clap.

Anyone saying that can shit in their hands and go out and clap again.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Marcos SP

I think it's insulting to NHS workers that they are doing huge shifts and underpaid while lots of workers are on 80% pay sat at home doing nothing.

Reactions: 29

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
While his and the rest of the UK's Government are being criticised the world over for their handling of it. I wouldnt be too proud of him yet.
As it stands, those that have lost their jobs will be financially supported. As it stands businesses that have been crippled will be supported. As it stands, most employed and self employed people are being supported. As it stands, both home owners and those that rent are being supported. Therefore, as it stands, I am proud of our PM and our government.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Yel

Chatty Member
Trump is live and mispronouncing loads of world leaders names 🤣 you've got to see the humour where you can!

• Haha

Squarehole

VIP Member
Ok I clapped with my oldest child and i admit it was nice to hear everyone supporting those on the front line.

However my Facebook is now full of people congratulating themselves or their street for clapping 🙈 Honestly get a grip !

• Haha
  • Heart

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I got an email saying I'd passed checks etc and could now volunteer calling people in isolation (y)

Went to Tesco at 11.30 and the queue was around the building, people spaced out on taped crosses on the floor, someone handing out cloths soaked in antibacterial spray to the queue, others wiping baskets, only 1 adult per household in allowed. Inside was almost empty and well stocked. Everyone respecting space etc. Really impressed with the staff, doing an amazing job.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Horatio

VIP Member
Spoke to my pal who is a nurse in a central London hospital today. She said contrary to what your might expect it's very much a 'calm before the storm' atmosphere. They aren't overwhelmed, which is great to hear, she even says it's quieter than usual because of routine appointments being cancelled. But at the same time there's the ominous sense of something on the horizon.

Reminds me of that terrible film pearl harbour. You see the nurses all bored our of their minds in the very white very quiet hospital and its pretty effective when you know what's coming.... Later in the film it's all chaos blood and death

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

mummy2under2

VIP Member
I agree with you about the NHS salaries, but the rest is a bit unfair. No-one asked for this, some of the people 'sat at home' will have spent blood, sweat, tears and years building up their businesses, which may well go under through no fault of their own.
Yuuuup. That's me 🙋🏻‍♀️
11 years of building for it to potentially crumble in as many weeks.

• Sad
I got a bit of food stuck in my throat the other night and it was HOT. Had myself convinced it was the Corona and not 3rd degree burns.
I was secretly scoffing a couple of choc digestives yesterday and one went down wrong and I was coughing all over the show. Never seen panic like it when my partner burst through from the other room.

Gutted cos I had to share the secret biscuits :LOL:

• Haha

Fridgepicker

my friends bosses son (I know I know but it’s 100% fact) has just died of it, he was 26, I’m 26 it’s just awful no one is safe and people who have the ‘im young so it won’t kill me’ attitude are c***s

• Sad
  • Wow

Flowella

Councils in England have been asked to house all rough sleepers and those in hostels and night shelters by the weekend..to protect them from the virus
What a shame it has taken for this to happen for these poor people to be housed!🤬

Humanity reminder of the day:

ITALY
3AM
The army taking the daily dead from city hospital to army base morgue.

90582979_2287910581354622_8179252881468162048_n.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I think he’s doing well. I didn’t vote for him either.

I don’t think there is a ‘right’ way to deal with this. There’s wrong ways (trump.) but nobody has dealt with something like this so I imagine it’s bloody hard to decide what’s right. And nobody in this situation can please and help everyone unfortunately.

you can tell he’s been working bloody hard. since this all started he’s been looking like he hasn’t slept in days.
I don’t think anyone would like to be in his shoes. Brexit must have been a piece of piss in comparison. He’s got stuck in and my confidence in him has skyrocketed as the days have gone on.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
My friend that's a paramedic said that she's been called out to hundreds of people that likely have it, they're in really bad ways but because they're not priority with underlying conditions etc she has to leave them at home.
She said it's mentally scarring and she can't switch off when she's home, just having nightmares all the time 😥

• Sad
  • Wow

hrh89

VIP Member
Had to go to wilkos for cat food and it was the saddest sight seeing the pick n mix stand all taped off 😭 I miss that more than maccy ds 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Woopsagain

Just had a look on the Next website out of boredom, They are no longer taking on line orders as of 6pm today and are closing all warehouses.
Well done Next

Reactions: 25