Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a text from UK gov, guess they're sending it to everyone in the country. Couldn't they use the emergency notification thing rather than sending millions of texts
View attachment 99242
My husband got that text just as he left for work (although hopefully for the last time as he should be working from home from tomorrow - does mean bringing home a desktop computer to set up!) - he thought at first they were tracking him and knew he'd left the house 🤣🤣 I got the same text later on

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Three of my family members with potentially infected child who all live in the same house have now been into several shops (food) for calpol, and got a box of ice Lillys as treat to eat on the way home.

They should all be in isolation, I even offered to doorstep drop calpol but they wanted fresh air and make the most of the sun.

I am literally fuming at them and they couldn't give a tit.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I’m getting so aggravated. We live in an affluent part of Surrey and the stream of traffic outside is constant. I live across from a nice butcher and a paint shop. People popping in to buy paint and stock up on meat. One guy had clearly just been to the garden centre. STOP IT PLEASE DEAR GOD

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Went to the local huge Tesco for the last time for a while for a few things, it was quite empty, well stocked and people were respecting the 2 metre rule, practically jumping out the way of you to give you space. A big difference from a couple of days ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Might take my snappiness out on stupid influencers today. Becky from ex on the beach "Seen people are worried about their mental health. Makes me sad so many people are upset to stay in their homes" no that's not they most upsetting part believe it or not love. It's not seeing friends or family, it's seeing your town like a ghost town, it's worrying about money and health, its people with family on the front line, its being on the front line, it's parents who don't know how to homeschool, it's people who can't afford to panic buy. Staying in is probably the least worrying part

• Heart
Reactions: 20
B&Q are shut today but as they are classed as 'essential' they are opening again tomorrow. My husband has gone in today but wont be now they are opening again. I'm in my third trimester so self isolating is pointless if he is having to go into work!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
As it stands in my household:
I’m on maternity leave but my work are still operating sites throughout London and the South East (main contractor) - office staff are all working from home, barring receptionist and maintenance (about 10 ppl in an office of normally 200/300 ppl). I would presume that if sites are open then subcontractors will be on site too....

My OH works for a company under the Travis Perkins Group and last night staff had emails/texts stating that all businesses under the group are to close. He is in this morning as a manager to ensure the branch is shut up properly. On the plus side all staff are being paid in full for the next 4 weeks at least!

I also had one of those texts so they must have been sent out to everyone, as I haven’t left the house since Sunday and have no health conditions.

Reactions: 2
I'm reading self employed to get 80% of their monthly earnings ?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I’ve just been sat on my windowsill with the window open to get a bit of fresh air. This window overlooks an NHS carpark a lady getting out of her car noticed me and asked me if I was ok and if I needed anything. I could have cried. This is such a crappy/ scary situation but it has brought out so much good in people.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I can’t believe the government has to send out texts to everyone (still waiting for mine though). Are people only going to believe the rules apply to them when they get their own text?!

Reactions: 3
I don’t see why not as long as you keep a safe distance from any neighbours that are also in their gardens. I just video called my Mum and my Dad is out weeding in the garden. I so wish I had a garden.
Yes same. In a tiny 1 bed flat so those we gardens should be grateful.🙃

Reactions: 8
View attachment 99230

This has fucked me off... Beyond belief.

Its not Londoners.... Its Sadiq Khan that needs to wake up.
Who in their right mind reduces tube services, but doesn't close businesses?!
Central London is a building site, every street there's new buildings going up, things being refurbished etc.
Until the government closes them, workers are still going to attend. 99% of the workers have NO other option but to use the tube.

WHO THE duck IS ADVISING THIS twit?! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Absolutely terrible

As I have said before we are on a really hard lockdown in Spain and this is pure idiocy! Boris is murdering you all.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Three of my family members with potentially infected child who all live in the same house have now been into several shops (food) for calpol, and got a box of ice Lillys as treat to eat on the way home.

They should all be in isolation, I even offered to doorstep drop calpol but they wanted fresh air and make the most of the sun.

I am literally fuming at them and they couldn't give a tit.
My second post! Where I am they have just passed laws that will allow the government to imprison/ fine or both anyone who isn’t following the guide lines set out, anyone who doesn’t self quarantine etc.. if they know they are sick of know they have come into contact with someone who is sick etc.... I’m hoping it works as a deterrent because some people just don’t want to understand the need for staying at home. We can also sense that are about to enforce a curfew!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.