Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t see it getting quite that stringent here. I maybe wrong and I’ll eat my words if we do. A lock down maybe but not quite so tough as it has to allow for these things!
Why would it not be though ? There will be single parents in Spain and Italy. They are struggling to contain this thing with the tough measures they have so we would be stupid to take a softer approach.

There will be something in place for single parents I'm guessing they take their children with them but if it was me I would try and get online delivery etc to avoid it.

Reactions: 1
ok I feel I need to add a few things here.
I am a mental health nurse caring for over 65’s in an NHS mental health hospital.
I can’t stress this enough, please please please stay at home!
If u really need to go for a walk then go at night when no one is around, stay away from people and that includes ur family and friends and strangers.
I have friends from all aspects of nursing and we are all scared, scared for u catching it, our parents, our loved ones, our friends, our kids and us, we r terrified of catching this deadly disease. I can’t believe people have treated this as a day off to go places!
There isn’t enough beds at hospitals to keep u alive when 1000’s of others will need them at the same time.
U do know doctors will be deciding who needs the ventilator more, u or someone else, and they will go by who is younger and fitter and more likely to live?
My work has been provided with, in my opinion, the most basic of PPE ever. We have 2 oxygen compressors that are to be used if one of our 60 odd patients get this disease, just 2! And to be honest we have never ever used these machines, all staff are to get trained on how to use them and we r out of our depth here, our big hospital will not take our patients given most of them are end of life dementia patients.
We r out of our depth and we are scared and tired and so angry that people are not taking this seriously.
My family are currently self isolating due to my child displaying symptoms, he’s fine we think though we still have another 8 days to see if we have any symptoms however soon I will need to return to work and deal with it.
Covid teams are being set up to deal with dying patients in the community because there isn’t enough beds so palliative care is being done in people’s homes when they can’t be brought to hospital.
I’m not scaremongering, I’m begging u all to stay at home with ur family, try and enjoy this time with ur family and bake cakes, read books, watch films, decorate if u can, do anything but dont mix with ur family and go out.
Tomorrow I won’t be seeing my own mum, I will FaceTime her instead, I miss her but I would miss her more if she was dead.
I’m sorry if I sound like a moan, my anxiety has been terrible this week however it’s made me realise what’s important.
Keep safe and for the last time, stay inside xx
Do not apologise for that post.
It is not a moan, it is common sense.
Stay safe and thank you for keeping us all safe xx

Reactions: 10
I assumed boots and Superdrug were staying open seeing as they provide pharmacy services and baby products etc. Does anyone know if they are staying open?
I was in boots on Saturday (Glasgow, silverburn ) the girl said they are open but with reduced hours, this was one of the big stores so not sure about the others or if it was just hers as it was in a shopping mall

Reactions: 2
Why would it not be though ? There will be single parents in Spain and Italy. They are struggling to contain this thing with the tough measures they have so we would be stupid to take a softer approach.

There will be something in place for single parents I'm guessing they take their children with them but if it was me I would try and get online delivery etc to avoid it.
I don’t know... I’m trying to live in my head where it won’t get that bad 😂 let me have it 😂

• Haha
Hoping I get to celebrate by birthing this ever growing baby 😂
i gave birth to my 3rd son on Mothers Day (2011). Vaginal birth and he was 9llb 13 ozs. The midwife and I had a good chuckle as she plonked him onto my chest and I said "Just some flowers will do next year, eh?".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
i gave birth to my 3rd son on Mothers Day (2011). Vaginal birth and he was 9llb 13 ozs. The midwife and I had a good chuckle as she plonked him onto my chest and I said "Just some flowers will do next year, eh?".
Gah they had already predicted he was going to be bigger than my other two by about a pound 😭 so now if he’s over and grows half a pound a week roughly 😭 I’m telling myself he’s waited till today as it’s officially pay day and my other son’s birthday was last week so now at least it’s separated by a pay day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Happy Mother’s Day and good morning! My toddler decided to start the day at 6am so I hope he’s not turning nocturnal or he might need to move out to the garden 😂

just caught up on the thread and I’m so glad at the people saying to avoid going to cornwall.
We have family there and the difference in summer months v winter months is unreal. Let alone in a time like this. The infrastructure would categorically not be able to cope. please think sensibly guys! everyone wants to get away from this but as everyone’s reiterated we’re all in this together and we each need to do our bit.

the way I see it is that we’re part of a Mexican wave. When we get to our bit we have to stick our hands up because if we don’t and then wave comes - the waves broken 🤷🏻‍♀️ Does that make sense?!

9lb 13!! 😱 I thought 6lb 12oz was bad you HERO!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
my Husband called 111 tonight after I started to just feel increasingly worse, they advised I needed to go to out f hours, when we arrived we were told I must wait in the car until the dr is ready, 10 minutes I’m called in, I have a fever, my chest was cracking, my oxygen was 89% ( which is bad as I have lung issues and gave myself home oxygen an hour before going) ... it was scary seeing everyone in gowns and masks that were handed out after I entered. Dr said he’s seen a couple of positive cases now, he won’t be testing me but he was convinced I have Coronavirus :(
Why would they not test you?
How are you today?
Take care xx

Reactions: 3
Happy Mother’s Day and good morning! My toddler decided to start the day at 6am so I hope he’s not turning nocturnal or he might need to move out to the garden 😂

just caught up on the thread and I’m so glad at the people saying to avoid going to cornwall.
We have family there and the difference in summer months v winter months is unreal. Let alone in a time like this. The infrastructure would categorically not be able to cope. please think sensibly guys! everyone wants to get away from this but as everyone’s reiterated we’re all in this together and we each need to do our bit.

the way I see it is that we’re part of a Mexican wave. When we get to our bit we have to stick our hands up because if we don’t and then wave comes - the waves broken 🤷🏻‍♀️ Does that make sense?!

9lb 13!! 😱 I thought 6lb 12oz was bad you HERO!
My 9lb 13 er was an easier, less painful birth than my 7lb er...think my body went into shock and shut the pain off 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Morning all, how is everyone doing? My Grump-o-Meter has been reset although I woke up with a dry cough which sent me into a tiny panic, but it went away after some water and hasn't occurred again. Puts things into perspective though, I must say. Staying off the chocolate and wine - "Sugar Free Sunday". 😇 I would have been working today, so it feels weird to be off. Here's to another day of staying safe for all of us 🤗
I woke up laying on my back and had a cough first thing. Since getting up it’s gone. I’m suppose to go into work tommorow (which is crazy, management are getting a whole big group of us to paint the place. While they are all“working from home”) I am worried now what to do?

I ordered these and they came today. They look such good quality. I've washed and dried mine ready to use! Been meaning to get some for a while (or a mooncup) so this has pushed me to do it!
I use reusable pads and I love them.

Just don't use fabric conditioner in the wash with them as it affects the absorbency of them.

Gah they had already predicted he was going to be bigger than my other two by about a pound 😭 so now if he’s over and grows half a pound a week roughly 😭 I’m telling myself he’s waited till today as it’s officially pay day and my other son’s birthday was last week so now at least it’s separated by a pay day 😂
Two of mine have birthdays 6 days apart ..... It's a crazy week I tell you 😂

Hope baby makes an appearance very soon !

• Haha
I think this is something that figures don’t tell us or give us the full picture on. And as we’ve been s**t at testing we can’t possibly know how many people actually have it or have been asymptotic. I’m not saying it’s not serious because it’s very serious and I’m taking the social distancing and self isolation part seriously but I would take all the figures with a pinch of salt because I don’t think it’s anywhere close to the real picture.
It tells you somewhere that the numbers given are people who have tested in hospital. The real figures of people with corona who are at home is around 50,000.

And of course, we are relying on those people to isolate until they are well and we don't know if they are.

I woke up laying on my back and had a cough first thing. Since getting up it’s gone. I’m suppose to go into work tommorow (which is crazy, management are getting a whole big group of us to paint the place. While they are all“working from home”) I am worried now what to do?
If it's not key line work you are doing then I'd self isolate for two weeks and claim ssp?

Symptoms say 'new continuous cough'so unless it continues during the day I wouldn't worry. (side note- frightening how many of us feel qualified to dole out medical advice these days eh?! 👩‍⚕️)

• Haha
What we really need is a thick dumping of snow to cause everyone to stay at home for a few weeks.

I really think councils should shut car parks and places like beaches else everyone not working and crowding them with the sun in the next few days could exasperate it.
PSX_20200322_081537.jpg

Reactions: 6
What we really need is a thick dumping of snow to cause everyone to stay at home for a few weeks.

I really think councils should shut car parks and places like beaches else everyone not working and crowding them over the sun in the next few days could exasperate it.
View attachment 98550
I agree. People are just treating it as the Easter holidays and I think the government are going to see it and realise they have no choice but to start a lockdown.
even the national trust has closed its gardens - something they tried to do to be nice, and help people out and people have just flooded like it’s Noah’s ark

Reactions: 11
I would stay at home. Not because there is anything wrong with you, but because a) you did have a cough b) Your management are getting a large group of you in a small room - wtf? Don't they listen to the news? and c) Since you are employed and have a contract, the Gov't will pay 80% of your wages, so if your bosses need the place painted they can do it them bloody selves! However, do not approach said management with that cranky attitude, :LOL: you tell your bosses that you have a cough and need to self isolate for 7 or 14 days. I hope your cough was like mine and just down to dehydration. Drink lots of water today x

In fairness I think this is due to lockdown the shelves are still full. The day before they went into lockdown, my cousin (lives in Spain) sent a video of mercadona absolutely wiped bare. I agree this is awful behaviour, however it’s not just brits....we’ve just had more time to be allowed to be selfish. X
Yes all out of fresh fruit and veg, meat etcthe day before lockdown but now back to normal

To be fair I think people are going to the beach thinking it’s a nice open place they can have a mooch, exercise etc away from people. But everyone is having that idea so they’re just full 😕

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.