Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For what its worth I think going is the wrong decision.

I live near Eastbourne and at the moment we only have 8 recorded cases in East Sussex so chances of catching it at very slim and putting bluntly people from elsewhere can stay the f**k away.

This is how it spreads, people from one area visiting another and bringing it with them without realising it. Stay at home, stay in your own area, don't mingle, don't go where there might be crowds. Only go out if you have to (work/food/exercise).

Through the news and social media today, I have seen Bhondi beach full of people, Skegness full of people, National Trust parks full of people (well done to them for closing them tonight), people standing in queues outside shops at 6 am and I want to weep at our stupidity.

I am horrified by our selfishness. Yesterday I watched a man in my local supermarket argue with the shop staff because he had 6 loaves of bread and the limit was 2. 'You might as well give me them' he said' Or I will just come back in and buy 2 more, take them out to my car and come back for another 2.'

I saw husbands and wife's with 2 trolleys both buying the maximum they could for each trolley before going to separate tills.

I spoke to the lady on the till who told me they had been watching people all morning buy up to the limit, take it out to their car and then come back in and do it all again. She told me they send their kids in again and again, to buy as much as possible.

Have you looked on Currys website? They have no freezers. People rushed out and bought extra freezers so they could stockpile more food. It beggars belief.

This is who we are, too selfish to take only our fair share of food and so reckless that though we are told to keep our distance we all go to the f**king beach.

Rant over! Buy only the food you can eat in the next 7 days, keep your distance from others. Go home, stay home, hug your kids, tell them you love them every day. Be safe, be smart and we will get through this.

with apologies to those of you who are staying at home, anxious and scared ( me included, a single father with a health condition and a teenage son scared sh*tless I might catch it).
This is awful. Why is it just our country and uk who do this? Reports on TV and news that there is no stock piling stuff in Italy and other countries. Why is it just here ? 🤷‍♀️ It’s embarrassing, shameful and I just don’t get why we aren’t thinking of others?

Reactions: 9
I cannot believe there are no online delivery slots until mid April where I live! Appalling. The stores are absolutely bare and I bet people are booking deliveries on top of everything they already have. Then the genuine ones that need online shops cannot get them!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
This is awful. Why is it just our country and uk who do this? Reports on TV and news that there is no stock piling stuff in Italy and other countries. Why is it just here ? 🤷‍♀️ It’s embarrassing, shameful and I just don’t get why we aren’t thinking of others?
My friend is currently living in Spain under lockdown and she said police are patrolling the streets and you can only leave to go supermarkets or walk your dog - you have to have written proof of this (idk who writes this and how its proven lol). But she showed a video of the supermarkets there and they had EVERYTHING in stock. No panic buying and no mad rush, she said it was so calm even being put in to lockdown, people just went with the flow and stayed home.

Reactions: 7
My friend is currently living in Spain under lockdown and she said police are patrolling the streets and you can only leave to go supermarkets or walk your dog - you have to have written proof of this (idk who writes this and how its proven lol). But she showed a video of the supermarkets there and they had EVERYTHING in stock. No panic buying and no mad rush, she said it was so calm even being put in to lockdown, people just went with the flow and stayed home.
Well I’m glad all their citizens are being kind and respectful. Meanwhile.....in the Uk.....

P.s. they could have been buying for a care home or for lots of people but you get what I’m trying to say!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I’m sure most of us saw the pictures of the Venice dolphins, possibly some of the other ‘nature healing’ animal posts that were going around.
Well they’ve been debunked

In retrospect it feels obvious but I didn’t even question those dolphins. Shows how ripe the atmosphere is for fake news right now - this is just a shame but potentially could be dangerous if other lies are spread. Remember to check sources and question everything!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
How's the eff is bloody numpty Trump still being allowed, unchallenged to call it the " Chinese virus" instead of its proper medical name!!!! He did again today in his pod speech...words fail me honestly... Him being in charge of the USA has never been more scary. There is no scientific evidence yet as to exactly where it first biologically emerged and will prob be impossible to ever ascertain for certain. bleeping scary, arrogant, hole whose lack of intelligence or ability to listen or take advice from scientific medical experts is truly truly frightening.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
How's the eff is bloody numpty Trump still being allowed, unchallenged to call it the " Chinese virus" instead of its proper medical name!!!! He did again today in his pod speech...words fail me honestly... Him being in charge of the USA has never been more scary. There is no scientific evidence yet as to exactly where it first biologically emerged and will prob be impossible to ever ascertain for certain. bleeping scary, arrogant, hole whose lack of intelligence or ability to listen or take advice from scientific medical experts is truly truly frightening.
He’s just doing what he always does, drawing attention to a scapegoat to rewrite history. Just a week or so ago things were looking bad for him - when he could no longer deny how serious things were. Now he’s trying to make it seem he’s long been bravely waging this battle on behalf of all Americans against a foreign enemy.

Reactions: 8
ok I feel I need to add a few things here.
I am a mental health nurse caring for over 65’s in an NHS mental health hospital.
I can’t stress this enough, please please please stay at home!
If u really need to go for a walk then go at night when no one is around, stay away from people and that includes ur family and friends and strangers.
I have friends from all aspects of nursing and we are all scared, scared for u catching it, our parents, our loved ones, our friends, our kids and us, we r terrified of catching this deadly disease. I can’t believe people have treated this as a day off to go places!
There isn’t enough beds at hospitals to keep u alive when 1000’s of others will need them at the same time.
U do know doctors will be deciding who needs the ventilator more, u or someone else, and they will go by who is younger and fitter and more likely to live?
My work has been provided with, in my opinion, the most basic of PPE ever. We have 2 oxygen compressors that are to be used if one of our 60 odd patients get this disease, just 2! And to be honest we have never ever used these machines, all staff are to get trained on how to use them and we r out of our depth here, our big hospital will not take our patients given most of them are end of life dementia patients.
We r out of our depth and we are scared and tired and so angry that people are not taking this seriously.
My family are currently self isolating due to my child displaying symptoms, he’s fine we think though we still have another 8 days to see if we have any symptoms however soon I will need to return to work and deal with it.
Covid teams are being set up to deal with dying patients in the community because there isn’t enough beds so palliative care is being done in people’s homes when they can’t be brought to hospital.
I’m not scaremongering, I’m begging u all to stay at home with ur family, try and enjoy this time with ur family and bake cakes, read books, watch films, decorate if u can, do anything but dont mix with ur family and go out.
Tomorrow I won’t be seeing my own mum, I will FaceTime her instead, I miss her but I would miss her more if she was dead.
I’m sorry if I sound like a moan, my anxiety has been terrible this week however it’s made me realise what’s important.
Keep safe and for the last time, stay inside xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It was only about a wk or ten days ago on his televised podium speech he said "It'll go away" . Just no words.😫😵😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Or the 2 ratio meaning a trolly each instead of 2 items per customer 😂 as she's now on the lookout for a chest freezer aswell ;)
oh de a! 😉
I get people are panic buying, I get people have stocked pantries from buying extra few bits...I don't get that amount of food for two adults who don't have any special dietary requirements, have access to the pick of the supermarket before customers get in each day-5 days a week and are calorie counting.
Has anyone purchased an extra chest freezer? Has there been an increase in price recently?

• Haha
my Husband called 111 tonight after I started to just feel increasingly worse, they advised I needed to go to out f hours, when we arrived we were told I must wait in the car until the dr is ready, 10 minutes I’m called in, I have a fever, my chest was cracking, my oxygen was 89% ( which is bad as I have lung issues and gave myself home oxygen an hour before going) ... it was scary seeing everyone in gowns and masks that were handed out after I entered. Dr said he’s seen a couple of positive cases now, he won’t be testing me but he was convinced I have Coronavirus :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
My sons dad is an ODP and they routinely have to shut operating theatres if there is no space in ITU and a patient needs incubating. I can’t understand why they are trying to make out like this is something that is revolutionary. System was stretched and has been doing this long before this crisis - we will just see more of it.

THIS Article by a Northwick Park hospital doctor, that ran out of critical care beds yesterday here is very very scary... Every idiot( including the parents of all the older kids on their own playing and hugging in the park in front of my lounge window all day today)

• Sad
my Husband called 111 tonight after I started to just feel increasingly worse, they advised I needed to go to out f hours, when we arrived we were told I must wait in the car until the dr is ready, 10 minutes I’m called in, I have a fever, my chest was cracking, my oxygen was 89% ( which is bad as I have lung issues and gave myself home oxygen an hour before going) ... it was scary seeing everyone in gowns and masks that were handed out after I entered. Dr said he’s seen a couple of positive cases now, he won’t be testing me but he was convinced I have Coronavirus :(
Hope you better soon. Chat believe they bit testing you. Can you go home or wait to be admitted.

I’m so sorry 😢 can’t believe they won’t test you. I’m waiting for ring back now for my 7 year old daughter from 111.

4.30 in the morning - I’m shattered but that’s what us mums and dads do isn’t it? ❤

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry 😢 can’t believe they won’t test you. I’m waiting for ring back now for my 7 year old daughter from 111.

4.30 in the morning - I’m shattered but that’s what us mums and dads do isn’t it? ❤
Hope your daughters ok. I just can't sleep.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Feel your tiredness and emotional exhaustion! I feel hypersensitive to any changes I see in my children now- my daughter fell asleep at 5pm yesterday and slept right through till 3.30am- I of course convinced myself she must be coming down with something as that's unusual for her to do.... you must be feeling worried for your own daughter too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.