Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mean to cause too much excitement at 8:30am on a Sunday but my local Premier was full of toilet roll (limit one per customer)! Worth checking if you can’t find any

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I would stay at home. Not because there is anything wrong with you, but because a) you did have a cough b) Your management are getting a large group of you in a small room - wtf? Don't they listen to the news? and c) Since you are employed and have a contract, the Gov't will pay 80% of your wages, so if your bosses need the place painted they can do it them bloody selves! However, do not approach said management with that cranky attitude, :LOL: you tell your bosses that you have a cough and need to self isolate for 7 or 14 days. I hope your cough was like mine and just down to dehydration. Drink lots of water today x
I know, I couldn’t believe they suggested painting the place. At first I agreed before they brought In the 80% pay. Because I’m on a 0 hour contract and just wanted to keep working as long as I could. I feel like they took advantage of people like me who knew they couldn’t afford to just be off unpaid, so agreed in desperation.
When they closed all bars/restaurants/cafes ect at end of week I really thought I’d get a message from manager saying we couldn’t go ahead with the painting but nothing yet.
im going to report it to my manager, Thankyou for your advice!

Reactions: 2
Also found this site for anyone struggling to get hold of sanitary towels. The best of both worlds- they're 100% biodegradable as they're made from cotton and the packaging can be recycled.

Free shipping with two items.

NHS discount too:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Happy Mother's Day ❤🌸
Just come back from Hyde Park with my 2 boys - went out early and there wasn't a soul in sight.
However, the Asda near me has queues outside already... They don't open until 11am.
Not sure how much longer this can go on for.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My mum's work have told her she has to self isolate for 12 weeks 🙌🏽 (T1 diabetic, heavy smoker, checkout operator) maybe now she will listen

Reactions: 8
I know, I couldn’t believe they suggested painting the place. At first I agreed before they brought In the 80% pay. Because I’m on a 0 hour contract and just wanted to keep working as long as I could. I feel like they took advantage of people like me who knew they couldn’t afford to just be off unpaid, so agreed in desperation.
When they closed all bars/restaurants/cafes ect at end of week I really thought I’d get a message from manager saying we couldn’t go ahead with the painting but nothing yet.
I'm not a medical person, and I'm sure you will contact the proper people if you ever become unwell (which I really hope doesn't happen). 0 hour contracts are the worst thing ever invented, in my opinion, but you will get sick pay if nothing else. The Gov't seemed to have pulled out all the stops to make sure nobody suffers during this god awful time, and I am disgusted at your management for taking advantage of you all. Anyway, stay safe, keep clean, and when we get through this, get another job x

What we really need is a thick dumping of snow to cause everyone to stay at home for a few weeks.

I really think councils should shut car parks and places like beaches else everyone not working and crowding them with the sun in the next few days could exasperate it.
View attachment 98550
If Spain can close their beaches, there is no reason why we can't shut parks. I'm attaching a picture of my local beauty spot yesterday

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
a
I'm not a medical person, and I'm sure you will contact the proper people if you ever become unwell (which I really hope doesn't happen). 0 hour contracts are the worst thing ever invented, in my opinion, but you will get sick pay if nothing else. The Gov't seemed to have pulled out all the stops to make sure nobody suffers during this god awful time, and I am disgusted at your management for taking advantage of you all. Anyway, stay safe, keep clean, and when we get through this, get another job x
yes 0 hours are awful, Iv worked there full time for 2 years in April and I was promised a proper contract for this April. Which I assume won’t happen now. Iv always worked hard for them and I feel quite let down, even with their lack of communication thoughout the situation. It was only a few weeks ago I was told by a supervior I was scare mongering because I asked for some hand gel for the till points.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I would stay at home. Not because there is anything wrong with you, but because a) you did have a cough b) Your management are getting a large group of you in a small room - wtf? Don't they listen to the news? and c) Since you are employed and have a contract, the Gov't will pay 80% of your wages, so if your bosses need the place painted they can do it them bloody selves! However, do not approach said management with that cranky attitude, :LOL: you tell your bosses that you have a cough and need to self isolate for 7 or 14 days. I hope your cough was like mine and just down to dehydration. Drink lots of water today x
The Government will only pay 80% of wages if the entire business is closed to everyone and no one is being paid.

I'm assuming they are getting paid and no one is painting out of kindness.

I’d just like to wish a happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there! At least it’ll be a memorable one. Do you think we can claim any treats we don’t receive because of the virus when this is all over?!:unsure:🤣
Happy mother's day to all the mothers too, such a strange one for me this year ( probably like for most of us) instead of a nice meal out ect the one son who had to come home because of all this ( he works abroad) we are just going to have a pizza night , cheese and tomato as there was no other pizza left in the shops 😂 and cake with a movie , I'm just glad I have company and the other son will just video chat me with his partner while there in London staying home

Happy Mother's Day ❤🌸
Just come back from Hyde Park with my 2 boys - went out early and there wasn't a soul in sight.
However, the Asda near me has queues outside already... They don't open until 11am.
Not sure how much longer this can go on for.
I've seen oaps lining up outside Sainsbury's waiting for it to open and packed together 😬 seems like a terrible policy. There has been shortages of some items, but it's not like the shops have been empty. Mine has been low on the normal packaged bread but loads of other bready options or they have loads of those small cakes for £2 which are about as healthy as jam on white bread anyway.

The Government will only pay 80% of wages if the entire business is closed to everyone and no one is being paid.

I'm assuming they are getting paid and no one is painting out of kindness.
I would go in and paint giant rainbows all over the walls with the words "STAY HOME" in street art style. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The 80 % only applies if the the whole business is shut to all workers. If people are being paid to go and paint and clean then you can't claim the 80% if part of the workforce is still working. The business also has to take you back on when they reopen too.

Anybody else finding it’s making you rethink your food usage? Yesterday I did a joint of meat and there was a bit left not enough for a meal but normally I’d have shared it out but I took a bit off each plate and made another meal to freeze it. It’ll certainly make us rethink lots of things! I’m either going to end it super fat (no waste it all needs eating 😂) or skinny because I’ve made my meals smaller

Reactions: 18
I'm not sure that is true, I heard from an employment lawyer on LBC that a company can choose who is on the retention 80% scheme and cycle it around different employees so the buisness could stay open with less people actually working.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know who is doing the update today ? (Where do people find this info ?)

Anyone got an idea what it might be today ? I have been thinking lockdown since Thursday but I guess they need to take it a step at a time to have the best chance of people complying ? There isn't really anything left to close down now is there ? Are clothes shops etc still open ? Lockdown has to be soon ?

Reactions: 1
Can I ask you ladies for advice as you’re all level headed on this forum. My husband has asthma, I have ME recently diagnosed, fibro and a few other conditions (not in high risk groups but I know I’d seriously struggle with this virus so I do think I’m at risk). Hubby is working from home now for at least 12 weeks, kids off school but our eldest, her office won’t close. She told her boss about her parents having health issues and being advised to isolate but her boss just said use your holidays if you feel you need to isolate too. Se continued to let her work last week but we hoped they’d close by Friday, they didn’t. Now I’m terrified to send her to work tomorrow, what would you do in our situation? She’s scared to lose her job, she’s only been there 4 months as a junior in an office. She loves her job, and is scared they’ll sack her or let her go if she asks to stay home. They said she can’t work at home.

• Sad
I've seen oaps lining up outside Sainsbury's waiting for it to open and packed together 😬 seems like a terrible policy. There has been shortages of some items, but it's not like the shops have been empty. Mine has been low on the normal packaged bread but loads of other bready options or they have loads of those small cakes for £2 which are about as healthy as jam on white bread anyway.
I've just watched a Russian (!) video on YouTube about how to make bread muffins using self raising flour and greek yoghurt. Just in case.....y'know, 🍞

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.