Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone have any clue where to get cleaning supplies?

I’ve nearly ran out and as I currently have to go to work, I need to clean my desk daily and I’ve nearly ran out. Been nearly 2 weeks since I saw anything in supermarkets and now don’t want to be going from shop to shop searching 🙈

People from countries that are on lockdown have said they can shop for food but if stopped they have to have shopping bags with them and be in the direction of the shops.
That's reassuring then as we've not been bulk buying. Thank you for your response!

We are all in the same boat however some of us behave with a social conscience. The solution isn't to all start hoarding. That's a ridiculous statement.
I think the poster is just stating what many of us who didn’t bulk buy now feel. We didn’t and my husband was out first thing this morning trying to get bog roll because we actually didn’t have any. In fact, I’ve been to so many shops this week because I can’t get milk. The bleeping basics. Maybe if I’d been a greedy cow I wouldn’t be getting panicky at this lock down. And the kids are home so more food is required.

Side note, the neighbours behind us are having a lovely Mother’s Day party in their back garden, laughing, drinking, kids screaming....

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Anyone have any clue where to get cleaning supplies?

I’ve nearly ran out and as I currently have to go to work, I need to clean my desk daily and I’ve nearly ran out. Been nearly 2 weeks since I saw anything in supermarkets and now don’t want to be going from shop to shop searching 🙈
Home and bargain

Reactions: 1
Thankfully he’s only 13 months so he doesn’t mind. Doesn’t look too bad actually now it’s dried a bit. At least he can see now 😂
my mum cut my sons a few months back and he ended up looking like Lord farquad from shrek 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Anyone else getting stressed about the thought of going to the supermarkets with the pictures of herds of people in them? I'm hoping that when I need to I'll figure out a time when they aren't so busy or if smaller shops are still. How can we ban large groups of people and have 200+ pushing and shoving to get what they want. I will definitely be panicking 😓

Reactions: 2
Can I ask guys, I have a BMI over 40 but no health conditions (yet). I’m working on losing it but I’m terrified if I catch this I will die as people with a high BMI are on the list of the extra vulnerable.

I’m staying at home. My husband is the one who has to go to work everyday so he’s doing all the shopping etc. I’m not seeing anyone else and only going for walks or into the garden.

Am I really at high risk here? I’m otherwise healthy and I’m young but I’m really scared now.

• Sad
Bit silly but if we go into lockdown do you think online orders will still come?

*that's on behalf of somone

We are all in the same boat however some of us behave with a social conscience. The solution isn't to all start hoarding. That's a ridiculous statement.
I have behaved with a social conscience which is what's got me here with no food 😂. And that may sound ridiculous to you but my feelings are my feelings and I'd be lying I said I dont wish I had bulk bought because I do.
Be quiet the pair of you or you'll be getting sent to bloody Cornwall, I swear to god! Boris is on in a minute, so behave just for 5 minutes!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can I ask guys, I have a BMI over 40 but no health conditions (yet). I’m working on losing it but I’m terrified if I catch this I will die as people with a high BMI are on the list of the extra vulnerable.

I’m staying at home. My husband is the one who has to go to work everyday so he’s doing all the shopping etc. I’m not seeing anyone else and only going for walks or into the garden.

Am I really at high risk here? I’m otherwise healthy and I’m young but I’m really scared now.
I'm not sure on why they have said a high bmi of 40+ means your higher risk but saw it on the gov.uk website so I think it's best for you to keep doing as you are. Wish you well ❤

Reactions: 2
Warning: potentially dumb question...

If/when the UK goes on lockdown, does this mean we will be unable to go to the shops to get food? I understand everything else will be shut, but what about supermarkets and pharmacies?

Apologies if this has already been asked, I took a break from this thread for my mh lol
Supermarkets will be open and so will pharmacies. :)

Reactions: 3
I think the poster is just stating what many of us who didn’t bulk buy now feel. We didn’t and my husband was out first thing this morning trying to get bog roll because we actually didn’t have any. In fact, I’ve been to so many shops this week because I can’t get milk. The bleeping basics. Maybe if I’d been a greedy cow I wouldn’t be getting panicky at this lock down. And the kids are home so more food is required.

Side note, the neighbours behind us are having a lovely Mother’s Day party in their back garden, laughing, drinking, kids screaming....
Yes I know, these are the effects of other people panic bulk buying and hoarding so understand the consequences of it. Last week many people on the earlier thread were defending this behaviour and saying of course it's my right blah blah blah. I was wondering after us all seeing the consequences of that kind of behaviour how do they now feel about defending it. Shops here are getting back to normal. Limiting number of shoppers allowed in and strict social distancing. Shops will be re stocked but it only works if people stop taking more than they need.

Reactions: 3
The amount of cars in the road today was normal for any Sunday around here.
We went out in the car but didn’t get out and just wanted to drive. We stopped at a few lay by to get some fresh air but didn’t go into any shops or anything.
I felt like today could be the last day we have a chance to get out freely (so say!) and wanted to see some green fields and blue sky.
Im going to do the same tomorrow, pack a flask and a nibble (dont worry Ive got anti bac wipes in car) and have a nice drive in the countryside.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.