Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[
Don’t you think it’s about time you learned to live with it 😬 everyone* abided by the rules and look where it got them?

How patronising, you aren’t the only one around here with a degree darling 😏 even the most educated people in the world are at logger heads over covid and what the right thing to do is so no, I don’t believe your opinion is worth any more than mine. Maybe you’ve got the covid brain fog. 😳

*with the exception of those who made the rules up as they went along, and those who saw it for what it was
I'm saying specifically in Public Health so you know I'm not talking out of my arse about the history of public health interventions. I actually can't believe how horrible you are 😂 Your entire comment is patronising!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t you think it’s about time you learned to live with it 😬 everyone* abided by the rules and look where it got them?

How patronising, you aren’t the only one around here with a degree darling 😏 even the most educated people in the world are at logger heads over covid and what the right thing to do is so no, I don’t believe your opinion is worth any more than mine. Maybe you’ve got the covid brain fog. 😳

*with the exception of those who made the rules up as they went along, and those who saw it for what it was
It’s not so much that I think you should wear a mask. It’s more off an approach that if you are on a packed train or in a busy shop to wear one so you protect the old and the vulnerable.
If you are a gig/ festival or any type of event then I don’t think you should wear one.
It’s more the fact that if you cared about others in the community you would do it for them in busy piblic shops and transportation

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s not so much that I think you should wear a mask. It’s more off an approach that if you are on a packed train or in a busy shop to wear one so you protect the old and the vulnerable.
If you are a gig/ festival or any type of event then I don’t think you should wear one.
It’s more the fact that if you cared about others in the community you would do it for them in busy piblic shops and transportation
So you think I should wear one in places that you consider to be appropriate in order to make other people feel comfortable but in the process make myself feel uncomfortable and my children feel uncomfortable. Ok got it. And what part of this do you do something caring back for me? Or is it only about caring and helping those with views that you align yourself with?

If someone wants to wear a mask I couldn’t give a tit. I don’t wanna wear one and won’t wear one, that’s up to me. If that makes other people feel unsafe then I hope they are supported with that.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
So you think I should wear one in places that you consider to be appropriate in order to make other people feel comfortable but in the process make myself feel uncomfortable and my children feel uncomfortable. Ok got it. And what part of this do you do something caring back for me? Or is it only about caring and helping those with views that you align yourself with?

If someone wants to wear a mask I couldn’t give a tit. I don’t wanna wear one and won’t wear one, that’s up to me. If that makes other people feel unsafe then I hope they are supported with that.
Well you just proved the point you only care about yourself 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I managed to avoid it for 2 years, even through my husband and kids getting it (and didn't really isolate from them etc or take any special precautions). Felt ill since Saturday so have isolated, but all tests negative until today when it was positive.

Well you just proved the point you only care about yourself 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Of course I only care about myself why would i prioritise someone else’s needs over my own? Myself and my childrens needs are more important to me than a strangers, I’m sure everyone here would agree with that unless they’re gonna lie and say a random stranger means more to them 🤥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Feeling pretty gutted that Cyprus have reintroduced mask wearing, we go on holiday there in 3 weeks and it's like 40 degrees 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
[

I'm saying specifically in Public Health so you know I'm not talking out of my arse about the history of public health interventions. I actually can't believe how horrible you are 😂 Your entire comment is patronising!
Everyone can have any degree they like on an anonymous forum 😂🤥

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I don't think restrictions should be brought back . People still caught covid when they were under restrictions. The isolation periods are / were guesswork ( although there is some scientific theory behind it) and the reliability of tests in the real world is sometimes questionable.

We should rely on how people feel when they fall ill .

I do agree with infection control measures like handwashing and not coughing / sneezing every where.

Reactions: 11
Everyone can have any degree they like on an anonymous forum 😂🤥
What is your problem seriously? Why on earth would I lie? Please stop quoting me if you aren't going to engage in good faith conversations, really strange behaviour.

Reactions: 4
What is your problem seriously? Why on earth would I lie? Please stop quoting me if you aren't going to engage in good faith conversations, really strange behaviour.
Please stop trying to police what other people do with their body and call it caring; really strange behaviour.

• Haha
  • Heart
I personally don’t have a problem wearing a mask if the situation calls for it I just see it as common courtesy .

• Heart
Of course I only care about myself why would i prioritise someone else’s needs over my own? Myself and my childrens needs are more important to me than a strangers, I’m sure everyone here would agree with that unless they’re gonna lie and say a random stranger means more to them 🤥
Well that might be how you feel but I didn’t go out when I had covid. And I wore masks when I had a cold to try and help the old and the vulnerable.
But as I said I believe in community not in being self centred 😂

Please stop trying to police what other people do with their body and call it caring; really strange behaviour.
I think we all know by now it’s about you and you alone. Nobody is policing you just pointing out that you are selfish and not selfless 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Well that might be how you feel but I didn’t go out when I had covid. And I wore masks when I had a cold to try and help the old and the vulnerable.
But as I said I believe in community not in being self centred 😂

I think we all know by now it’s about you and you alone. Nobody is policing you just pointing out that you are selfish and not selfless 🤦🏼‍♀️
I didn’t go out when I had covid either. I don’t go out when I’m sick because I’m busy being sick you know? That’s what happens when you’re sick you listen to your body not the tv.

It’s not about me alone, it’s about everyone - they should have the choice to do what makes them feel comfortable. If you feel comfortable wearing one then no one is stopping you. I don’t wanna wear one so no one should attempt to stop me from going maskless by suggesting I’m selfish and whatever other insults you’ve used.

• Haha
  • Heart
I don't think that's true at all, it really isn't that binary, you can still care for other people without them being the person you care for the most and that usually means not doing exactly as you want all the time (and I'm sure that nobody here is that selfish). There are certainly people I care about more than myself as they are very near and dear to me plus I can still care about total strangers (particularly those more vulnerable than myself). Fully appreciate that their day to day circumstances don't keep me awake at night in the same way it did when my mum was hospitalised for 6 weeks last year (not covid before anybody assumes) but that doesn't mean that I don't care and if I can make small adjustments that make their lives safer then why wouldn't I? I'm not telling you what you (or anybody else) should do but I do think it's quite normal for people to prioritise the needs of some others over themselves even, in some cases, total strangers.

• Heart
I don't think that's true at all, it really isn't that binary, you can still care for other people without them being the person you care for the most and that usually means not doing exactly as you want all the time (and I'm sure that nobody here is that selfish). There are certainly people I care about more than myself as they are very near and dear to me plus I can still care about total strangers (particularly those more vulnerable than myself). Fully appreciate that their day to day circumstances don't keep me awake at night in the same way it did when my mum was hospitalised for 6 weeks last year (not covid before anybody assumes) but that doesn't mean that I don't care and if I can make small adjustments that make their lives safer then why wouldn't I? I'm not telling you what you (or anybody else) should do but I do think it's quite normal for people to prioritise the needs of some others over themselves even, in some cases, total strangers.
The point I’m making is wearing a mask makes me uncomfortable and makes my children feel uncomfortable so I am going to prioritise their needs and my own over a total strangers and I am pretty certain everyone here would prioritise their and their childrens needs before that of someone else’s.

They’re talking of reintroducing restrictions if the numbers continue to rise. Madness. Utter madness.
I know what they can do with any restrictions!!!

Masks are already back work wide after being dropped for certain areas (hospital)

I wont be following any personally.

• Heart
The point I’m making is wearing a mask makes me uncomfortable and makes my children feel uncomfortable so I am going to prioritise their needs and my own over a total strangers and I am pretty certain everyone here would prioritise their and their childrens needs before that of someone else’s.
I understand that, personally I (and most people I know) find them a minor inconvenience but I also have a few friends that have struggled with feeling claustrophobic or with something as simple as their glasses steaming up so know it's not the same for everybody. I would however assume that you would be happy to give people some distance and personal space (not just for air borne diseases, a lot of us hate to have a stranger right on top of us when not necessary) for example so, whilst this may not strictly being prioritising it is putting somebody else's requirements to the forefront. To me it's totally the same as when I took my elderly mum somewhere the other week, there was a shortage of chairs, I was quite tired so it would have been nice to sit down but my need for this was considerably less than most of the people there (who were mainly over 80) so I stood up. It was somewhat uncomfortable as I'd done a long run the day before and my legs were tired but it was obviously the right thing to do and I'd like to hope most people would have just done the same. I'm probably not explaining myself very well but am just trying to make a point of saying that there are loads of little things we can (and often do even if we don't consciously think about it) to make other people (including total strangers) lives better (this is much wider than covid) without the extreme view points that get bandied about all the time in the media.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I understand that, personally I (and most people I know) find them a minor inconvenience but I also have a few friends that have struggled with feeling claustrophobic or with something as simple as their glasses steaming up so know it's not the same for everybody. I would however assume that you would be happy to give people some distance and personal space (not just for air borne diseases, a lot of us hate to have a stranger right on top of us when not necessary) for example so, whilst this may not strictly being prioritising it is putting somebody else's requirements to the forefront. To me it's totally the same as when I took my elderly mum somewhere the other week, there was a shortage of chairs, I was quite tired so it would have been nice to sit down but my need for this was considerably less than most of the people there (who were mainly over 80) so I stood up. It was somewhat uncomfortable as I'd done a long run the day before and my legs were tired but it was obviously the right thing to do and I'd like to hope most people would have just done the same. I'm probably not explaining myself very well but am just trying to make a point of saying that there are loads of little things we can (and often do even if we don't consciously think about it) to make other people (including total strangers) lives better (this is much wider than covid) without the extreme view points that get bandied about all the time in the media.
Just because I don’t wear a mask doesn’t mean I’m a head. Obviously I would give up a seat for someone who needed it more than me. I don’t hover over people and cough on them. I just don’t wear a mask. Not that I even need to explain that but seems I do if you feel the need to point it out.

Reactions: 8
Just because I don’t wear a mask doesn’t mean I’m a head. Obviously I would give up a seat for someone who needed it more than me. I don’t hover over people and cough on them. I just don’t wear a mask. Not that I even need to explain that but seems I do if you feel the need to point it out.
Exactly, that's the point I'm making, of course we all do those things (as I said in my previous post), we DO all care about each other and DO all make these simple adjustments to make the lives of others better, probably in many cases without even thinking about it. You've just confirmed exactly what I'm saying which is so often not the case on this thread where sometimes it's people taking extreme ends of a view. I'm really not having a go at you so please don't take it that way.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.