Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, that's the point I'm making, of course we all do those things (as I said in my previous post), we DO all care about each other and DO all make these simple adjustments to make the lives of others better, probably in many cases without even thinking about it. You've just confirmed exactly what I'm saying which is so often not the case on this thread where sometimes it's people taking extreme ends of a view. I'm really not having a go at you so please don't take it that way.
Thanks, I initially felt you were having a go but having read this I realise I did take it the wrong way so I am sorry about that. I am glad to find agreement with you and appreciate that you can recognise that just because I (and thousands of others) feel uncomfortable wearing masks does not translate to us being selfish and not caring about anyone else. Like you say lots of the little things we do for people go without even thinking it just happens most of the time. Some of the views around this on here are very extremist.

The point I was attempting to make was if someone wants to wear a mask for whatever reason they should have the choice to do so and others should have the choice not to it’s up to the individual at the end of the day and they should be free of judgement for whatever their decision is.

Reactions: 8
Its like we have gone back a couple of years*.. I absolutely refuse to play the game again. If you still believe everything that happened actually happened as we were being told, then you are a idiot.

*Complete with I work in a medical field and have a degree ,comes with a little hanger-on laughing or being sick at every post they don't agree with.. "time warp"

I will do what I have always done during cold and flu season to protect myself and to protect others I will stay home when unwell like everyone should.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Are people still really barking away about mask wearing. Lol
Its been over 2 years seriously time to move on. Imagine getting triggered by an anonymous person online because they said they won’t wear a mask. The same people that call you selfish for not getting your 4 vaccines, the same people that have had covid about 8 times. 🤣 You sound absolutely pathetic at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Are people still really barking away about mask wearing. Lol
Its been over 2 years seriously time to move on. Imagine getting triggered by an anonymous person online because they said they won’t wear a mask. The same people that call you selfish for not getting your 4 vaccines, the same people that have had covid about 8 times. 🤣 You sound absolutely pathetic at this point.
Yes my life is pathetic, I'm bedbound 👍We are allowed to say our opinion just the same as you. I don't know if this is directed at me but I have never called anyone selfish for not having covid vaccinations. It is however fair to say that this country is inherently selfish in the way it functions (i.e. for the individual not the collective). You have clearly been "triggered" enough to write your response even though the conversation had moved on, seems kind of hypocritical to me!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes my life is pathetic, I'm bedbound 👍We are allowed to say our opinion just the same as you. I don't know if this is directed at me but I have never called anyone selfish for not having covid vaccinations. It is however fair to say that this country is inherently selfish in the way it functions (i.e. for the individual not the collective). You have clearly been "triggered" enough to write your response even though the conversation had moved on, seems kind of hypocritical to me!
Oh sorry I wasn’t online to write a reply immediately, I don’t spent all day on tattle 😂 I just found it laughable and pathetic that people are still shouting at others for being selfish for not wearing a mask. I have never worn a mask, i haven’t been vaccinated and I didn’t clap for the NHS either, that doesn’t make me a selfish person. Oh, and Iv never had covid either!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh sorry I wasn’t online to write a reply immediately, I don’t spent all day on tattle 😂 I just found it laughable and pathetic that people are still shouting at others for being selfish for not wearing a mask. I have never worn a mask, i haven’t been vaccinated and I didn’t clap for the NHS either, that doesn’t make me a selfish person. Oh, and Iv never had covid either!
Good for you! I didn't say you were selfish, society is selfish with or without covid. Not sure how you would know that you haven't had covid if you don't test regularly ( maybe you do!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Good for you! I didn't say you were selfish, society is selfish with or without covid. Not sure how you would know that you haven't had covid if you don't test regularly ( maybe you do!)
Well that’s true I might have had it and been completely symptomless! What a deadly virus that is.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well that’s true I might have had it and been completely symptomless! What a deadly virus that is.
OK this is the problem/clear lack of understanding because even from the start we've known thay people can transmit it whilst they are asymptomatic. So asymptomatic for one person may lead to a deadly infection for another. Not sure how that isn't clear two years in.

• Heart
There is nothing wrong with people still wanting to take precautions when numbers are still very high and the variant is quite transmissible. Some people may experience mild cold/flu like symptoms, but for others it can be much more serious.

It is a deadly virus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
There is nothing wrong with people still wanting to take precautions when numbers are still very high and the variant is quite transmissible. Some people may experience mild cold/flu like symptoms, but for others it can be much more serious.

It is a deadly virus.
If you and others want to wear masks everyday then go for it, I couldn’t care less what you want to do. It’s the calling others selfish for not following them that is ridiculous. Stop expecting other people to continue to do something that they don’t want to because you are ‘anxious and scared’, that’s not my problem it’s yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If you and others want to wear masks everyday then go for it, I couldn’t care less what you want to do. It’s the calling others selfish for not following them that is ridiculous. Stop expecting other people to continue to do something that they don’t want to because you are ‘anxious and scared’, that’s not my problem it’s yours.
But people say they don’t care if other wear masks, get the vaccine, are scared/anxious yet they ridicule those very people. It does work both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Very mild illness for me too. (And the majority of infections across the globe have been mild according to the WHO they say it’s an inconvenience for the majority of people).I’ve took worse poops tbh.

But of course because they have had a severe illness with it (rare) they hold an extremest view of what kind of disease covid is. Yet those who express the same level of fear about getting a vaccine for fear of rare adverse reaction are labelled as nut jobs, tin foil hatters and whatever other slurs used and they heart react with their posts so while they may not say it themselves they certainly support it from the display they’ve put on.

Ps @prefrontalmedicalcortex no one here is suggesting anyone who wishes to wear masks, vaccinate, social distance etc doesn’t - they’re merely pointing out it shouldn’t be enforced on everyone in the country because of the few who do want to do it. No one is stopping them from doing it. Everyone should have the freedom of choice. Keeping safe and healthy is a personal responsibility. We must make our own efforts for what works in our individual circumstances. We must respect everyone for whatever measures they do take.

• Heart
But people say they don’t care if other wear masks, get the vaccine, are scared/anxious yet they ridicule those very people. It does work both ways.
Ok well I haven’t? I have just read through comments and the only people that are calling others selfish are the ones that are on your side of the argument. As I said before, it’s your issue not mine. I think most people have moved on along time ago but of course there’s going to be a small minority that will have been left with mental illness and anxiety from covid and continue to wear masks forever. I would never make fun of these people I actually find it very sad!

Very mild illness for me too. (And the majority of infections across the globe have been mild according to the WHO they say it’s an inconvenience for the majority of people).I’ve took worse poops tbh.

But of course because they have had a severe illness with it (rare) they hold an extremest view of what kind of disease covid is. Yet those who express the same level of fear about getting a vaccine for fear of rare adverse reaction are labelled as nut jobs, tin foil hatters and whatever other slurs used and they heart react with their posts so while they may not say it themselves they certainly support it from the display they’ve put on.

Ps @prefrontalmedicalcortex no one here is suggesting anyone who wishes to wear masks, vaccinate, social distance etc doesn’t - they’re merely pointing out it shouldn’t be enforced on everyone in the country because of the few who do want to do it. No one is stopping them from doing it. Everyone should have the freedom of choice. Keeping safe and healthy is a personal responsibility. We must make our own efforts for what works in our individual circumstances. We must respect everyone for whatever measures they do take.
They always get angry at the people that have moved on and are not still ‘following the rules’ etc, instead they should be angry towards the people that have managed to instil so much fear in them that they cannot live a normal life anymore.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok well I haven’t? I have just read through comments and the only people that are calling others selfish are the ones that are on your side of the argument. As I said before, it’s your issue not mine. I think most people have moved on along time ago but of course there’s going to be a small minority that will have been left with mental illness and anxiety from covid and continue to wear masks forever. I would never make fun of these people I actually find it very sad!
My eldest son developed anxiety from seeing everyone in masks, he had to see a private therapist (via zoom may I add so that the therapist could be maskless!) because it really scared him all of the restrictions and he was bed wetting having night terrors of everyone in masks and never seeing anyones face again. I won’t go into the full extent of it but he suffered horribly. Yet there are people on here who think I’m selfish for putting his needs first.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Keeping safe and healthy is a personal responsibility, yes. However, for some they will rely on collective efforts of others, such as those who are vulnerable or immunocompromised.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Keeping safe and healthy is a personal responsibility, yes. However, for some they will rely on collective efforts of others, such as those who are vulnerable or immunocompromised.
The majority of people will do whatever they can to help vulnerable or immunocompromised people but it’s unreasonable to expect everyone to continue to carry on with all of the restrictions. Those restrictions made a lot of people unwell too.

Before covid these same people you’re referring to had to take matters into their own hands, it’s an unfortunate part of life. Those around them closely should help make them safe by doing their shopping or doing online shopping and things like that to avoid being in close proximity to too many people. Taking them places that’s well ventilated for outings etc. I always keep a distance from people and have done long before it was popular but I’m not prepared to upset my children and myself by wearing a mask or taking a vaccine. I’ve always maintained good hygiene and having worked in health and social care for years it’s drilled into me anyway.

Those against mask wearing aren’t going to start popping up coughing over people and sneezing spreading germs. We just don’t want to wear a mask and shouldn’t be forced to do so.

Well this is some communist ideology BS, we need to make a ‘collective effort’? So where does that end then will we all make a collective effort towards climate change and give up our cars? Everyone give up meat too because you are selfish and killing the planet? 🙄 what you are saying is we need to continue this on forever because let’s face it, there’s always going to be vulnerable and immunocompromised people.

• Heart
Well this is some communist ideology BS, we need to make a ‘collective effort’? So where does that end then will we all make a collective effort towards climate change and give up our cars? Everyone give up meat too because you are selfish and killing the planet? 🙄what you are saying is we need to continue this on forever because let’s face it, there’s always going to be vulnerable and immunocompromised people.
Please don’t put words in my mouth, nowhere in my comment did I say we need to continue this forever. I also don’t see how my comment can be labelled communist ideology BS 🤷🏻‍♀️ when all I was referring to in terms of collective effort is the public health measures we took/still take. eg. Hospitals and clinical settings do rely on a collective effort to protect those most at risk.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.