Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mbouzer

Self-isolation ends, LFTs no longer easily available…so the pandemic is “over”. And that’s it?

The healthcare workers who worked through the first lockdown are being completely forgotten. The ones who worked through this awful unknown disease with young people dropping dead out of nowhere. Some of us still have nightmares. We need some genuine support, it’s not just over for us.
I’m a healthcare worker and I worked through the first lockdown heavily pregnant with no PPE. Me and all of my colleagues are over the moon it is over, there are far worse problems we are dealing with now, it’s time to move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Self-isolation ends, LFTs no longer easily available…so the pandemic is “over”. And that’s it?

The healthcare workers who worked through the first lockdown are being completely forgotten. The ones who worked through this awful unknown disease with young people dropping dead out of nowhere. Some of us still have nightmares. We need some genuine support, it’s not just over for us.
I’m sorry but no young people dropped dead out of nowhere. Some young people did get it and pass but people were not dying like flies in the street.

No one has forgotten the health workers, but this pandemic has destroyed the world, we are now entering a very dark time and people are just glad there is an end before it looks like we enter extreme poverty and world war 3!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Autisteuse

VIP Member
Same during covid if you suffered or showed concern for anyone other than covid patients,
And what’s happening them now covid is a flu, they’re on their way to funeral homes in boxes or as the child/parent/friends of a forgotten cancer patient.
Or on a 18 month waiting list for treatment
Covid isn't flu. Over 190,000 people have died from it in this country alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Boris is a selfish horrible little man. This is utterly unbelievable. No thought or care at all for the immunosuppressed and clinically extremely vulnerable who won’t be able to do ANYTHING without risk now. It’s disgusting and it breaks my heart. Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want to go out and about with COVID and spreading it around? What really makes me laugh is when someone spreads their anti-vax/anti-mask/anti-isolation beliefs and you click their profile and they’ve donated to a Cancer Research fundraiser or whatever - they’re taking the absolute piss. People with cancer - something I’m only recently in remission from - are some of the worst off from this and those types of people act like they care about people with cancer? Give me a break. And if one more person tells me “but what about the vaccine” I’ll scream - the vaccine is all well and good and I’m absolutely pro-vaccine but sadly some immunosuppressed people (such as those with blood cancer) don’t get the antibodies from it, making it near enough useless to them.

I thought removing masks was bad, but this is tantamount to murder.
But people have always been walking around with it, unless you were a close contact, had symptoms or were asked to test for work you could have easily walk around with it. At what point do we start living again? Stay inside and wear masks for another 2/3 years?

Many people walk around with colds and other bugs normally and it’s just part of life, we cannot protect everyone from everything.

Reactions: 22

monga

VIP Member
The same people think the world is flat, aliens landed, Elvis is alive and wear tin foil hats. 😆

I put it down to them having low IQ from smoking too much weed in their teens.
It isn’t all flat earth weed smoking thickos that question how these vaccines will impact our health in years to come, it’s a genuine concern for a lot of people ,especially now that the government message has changed yet again in that the pandemic has pretty much disappeared as far as they’re concerned.

Reactions: 19

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Boris is a selfish horrible little man. This is utterly unbelievable. No thought or care at all for the immunosuppressed and clinically extremely vulnerable who won’t be able to do ANYTHING without risk now. It’s disgusting and it breaks my heart. Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want to go out and about with COVID and spreading it around? What really makes me laugh is when someone spreads their anti-vax/anti-mask/anti-isolation beliefs and you click their profile and they’ve donated to a Cancer Research fundraiser or whatever - they’re taking the absolute piss. People with cancer - something I’m only recently in remission from - are some of the worst off from this and those types of people act like they care about people with cancer? Give me a break. And if one more person tells me “but what about the vaccine” I’ll scream - the vaccine is all well and good and I’m absolutely pro-vaccine but sadly some immunosuppressed people (such as those with blood cancer) don’t get the antibodies from it, making it near enough useless to them.

I thought removing masks was bad, but this is tantamount to murder.

I am very sorry for your situation but at the same time for people like you and I every single year we face the risk of dying from a heavy cold or flu.

So many people would have no idea there even was a virus if it wasnt reported 24/7 I am one of those people.. I would have thought a bad cold virus was doing the rounds.

If I had one bit of advice for anyone scared right now of anything Russia, virus, Climate anything that is going on .. just turn the TV and radio off.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ClaretFairy

Chatty Member
How have healthcare workers been forgotten about? In what context? As there has been nothing but praise and support from most of the general public. I'd say other key workers who also keep the county running have been forgotten about far more.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

VIP Member
Dropped in to post this, according to Bored Panda, seen at Crystal Palace.

623c68c7d2289_KJaM7RD__700.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Its like we have gone back a couple of years*.. I absolutely refuse to play the game again. If you still believe everything that happened actually happened as we were being told, then you are a idiot.

*Complete with I work in a medical field and have a degree ,comes with a little hanger-on laughing or being sick at every post they don't agree with.. "time warp"

I will do what I have always done during cold and flu season to protect myself and to protect others I will stay home when unwell like everyone should.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

50sGirl

VIP Member
Would you do the same if you had your time over x
It’s a difficult one and it’s a question I’ve asked myself so many times too.

I didn’t hug or kiss him for the last 10 months of his life and I do still struggle with that big time.
But I also know that had I kissed him and he then got Covid I would always wonder if I’d have given it to him and I don’t think I could have lived with the guilt. It would have finished me.

I still live with the guilt that I didn’t hug him or kiss him or be with him at the end but he knew I adored him so I have to remember the years prior not the last 10 months.

Part of me thinks if I’d have known then I’d have carried on as normal but then another part of me thinks if we hadn’t been so careful we’d have lost him sooner.

My biggest sadness is that he didn’t have the death and the dignity after death that he deserved, none of them did.

So in answer to your question, in all honesty I really don’t know.
All I can say is that the guilt I carry with me is the easier of the two to live with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
All the shocked faces to this comment. Do these people have a life?🙄 If you get the jab right before exposure then you generally don’t get it. That’s what happened to me. I think most of us feel that we would prefer to take a jab that works for a longer time. Covid itself was never the problem. The problem was the number of people ill with it at one time before passage of the disease was established. The government wasn’t bothered about saving people, they just knew the NHS would literally shut down if they took no measures.
Do you have a life? What a weird thing to get offended on someone else’s behalf because someone was shocked at their post. Strange.

The jabs don’t work at stopping or preventing the spread of covid, and even less so against new variants.

Everyone will get covid it’s not if it’s when. It’s like other coronaviruses such as the cold and the flu, everyone will experience it at some point in their life. Whether they test or not. Bit pointless testing really - what a stupid waste of resources when you could just get on with it and be sick like we do with every other illness. Seems a bit attention seeking to me, “oo look I’ve got the covid”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Ding

VIP Member
No more easy £10 an hour for my brother then. (He finished uni and started working at our local testing site beginning of Sep 2020) Hes ready for a new challenge now though, even though it was easy money!
Quoting myself here and unrelated to covid but just wanted to share...my brother (studied law at uni) had an interview at a property lawyers today and he got the job an hour after his interview! So proud of him 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15

50sGirl

VIP Member
My hubby and I caught it off of our grandson a month ago, (grandson was fine after 2 days) but hubby had it worse than me and I'm clinically vulnerable, I have asthma and on immune suppressant injections for psoriatic arthritis, however I was in bed for two weeks as my breathing has been really bad was very close to calling an ambulance one night! Dr put me on antibiotics for a chest infection and lent me an oxymetre to keep an eye on oxygen levels which thankfully were OK, she even called me the next day to see how I was and do another reading resting and walking around, I am thankful i have such a good Dr.
Hubby was positive for 6 days and was quite Ill however I tested positive for eleven days and only had a really bad sore throat and temperature for one day, it is the after effects of this virus that for me has been very hard, I'm still not back to my normal breathing and have had to increase asthma pumps, am still weak and shaky and spend a lot of time in bed! I am improving but it is slow! Please don't underestimate covid it isn't a cold! I know now i am going to have to be very careful in future! Its up to us as individuals to look after ourselves and do what's best for us personally.
Wishing you and all the other Tattlers a full recovery. 🥰
That’s why it pisses me off when people say it’s nothing more than a cold. For them perhaps it was but don’t disregard how it could and does affect others. It’s a very selfish attitude to have. ”I’m all right Jack.”

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Calling people cunts and saying you hope they get ill is also arsehole behaviour. Doesn’t go with your “that's completely up to them” line.

Vaccine injuries are real enough that the UK is hiring for positions to sift through them.

Also any real conspiracy theorist will not use tin foil when the Faraday cage in our bunkers would be better.

I hope you do bookmark this page to look back at how kind you were in 5 or 10 years when “the science “ might have changed.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sea

VIP Member
Anecdotes mean nothing on forums but here goes:

@Stitched I know a person who has cancer amongst many other serious ongoing health issues. He found it difficult to breathe in masks but still wore them, he's boostered too.
He caught covid and was flu-like unwell for under 2 weeks. He rested, ate well and recovered.

He was initially terrified he might die because he knew it was covid, I shan't pretend, I was nervous for him because of his already weak health.
But once his fear was replaced with trying to stay calm and just needing to listen to his body (and not watch any daily panic inducing covid news reports) he recovered. He is alive.

I feel for your fears, anger and anxiety but society has been shut down and trying to recover to help the vulnerable since the pandemic, hospital delays, kids still missing out on teachers and their education (although they are feeling well) and it can't be forever.
Pre masks and vaccines the working population that couldn't WFH had to continue going to work throughout eg shops, factories, construction and manual labour, they had to live with the virus and sadly nobody worried about their welfare, (just wanted their ocado deliveries!).

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
This isn't directed at anyone here, more a general comment, but across social media I've been seeing more comments from people criticising those who choose to still wear masks.

It just strikes me as odd that some people who wanted to exercise their choice not to wear a mask during the pandemic are now being critical of those exercising their choice to wear one.

So was it originally about being pro-choice, or more about only being pro-choice if people are choosing the same option as them? 🤔

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
It’s not so much that I think you should wear a mask. It’s more off an approach that if you are on a packed train or in a busy shop to wear one so you protect the old and the vulnerable.
If you are a gig/ festival or any type of event then I don’t think you should wear one.
It’s more the fact that if you cared about others in the community you would do it for them in busy piblic shops and transportation
So you think I should wear one in places that you consider to be appropriate in order to make other people feel comfortable but in the process make myself feel uncomfortable and my children feel uncomfortable. Ok got it. And what part of this do you do something caring back for me? Or is it only about caring and helping those with views that you align yourself with?

If someone wants to wear a mask I couldn’t give a shit. I don’t wanna wear one and won’t wear one, that’s up to me. If that makes other people feel unsafe then I hope they are supported with that.

• Heart
  • Sick

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Well you just proved the point you only care about yourself 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Of course I only care about myself why would i prioritise someone else’s needs over my own? Myself and my childrens needs are more important to me than a strangers, I’m sure everyone here would agree with that unless they’re gonna lie and say a random stranger means more to them 🤥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

stun_zeed

• Heart
  • Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
That Lisa was the one that was on GMB because she was going to be fined for keeping her kids off school because of covid.
They're not vulnerable children, she's just completely paranoid and has bought into the scaremongering.
Shes clearly decided that the fine wasn't worth it and has sent them back regardless of being so terrified, but has found a new thing to moan about.

Surely if she was so scared for her children's lives then she'd have taken them out of school and be home educating, which is perfectly legal and doesn't incite fines if you do things right.

I'd suggest her kids are being bullied because of what she's said and done.
No child should bully another and I'm not excusing that, but if she handled things right as a parent then this wouldn't be happening to her children