Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had 2 negative lateral flows earlier, despite being symptomatic and my Mum and son both testing positive. So I tried again and this time swabbed my throat - positive result. Went with my son for a PCR so waiting on that now. Not sure if we are meant to anymore, can’t keep up with the rules. I think you are still supposed to have a PCR if you have symptoms?

Reactions: 1
New treatment for Covid-19. Urine. Heard it all now. 😳

Whaaaat?! Whatever next? That’s gross. I don’t understand why this vocal minority are happy to try unproven internet remedies and are happy to throw science out of the window. It’s crazy.

Reactions: 1
Whaaaat?! Whatever next? That’s gross. I don’t understand why this vocal minority are happy to try unproven internet remedies and are happy to throw science out of the window. It’s crazy.
There’s far too many of them. Worryingly, people will believe this kind of craziness, share it with others and mis information will keep circulating. 🤯

Reactions: 3
There’s far too many of them. Worryingly, people will believe this kind of craziness, share it with others and mis information will keep circulating. 🤯
More worrying is how many believe what media tell them that CT and anti-vaxxers believe. 🤣
Last I heard it was people like films stars Gwenith Paltrow and the like that did these things. certainly no CT I know or listened for the last 20 years to would do this.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I always remember actress Sarah Miles talking about drinking her own wee...she does have lovely skin 🤣
I find it hilarious that despite being a crazy misinformed, "anti vaxxer" I only ever read stuff like that on here posted by pro vaccine people 🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always remember actress Sarah Miles talking about drinking her own wee...she does have lovely skin 🤣
I find it hilarious that despite being a crazy misinformed, "anti vaxxer" I only ever read stuff like that on here posted by pro vaccine people 🤔🤣
Honestly, people will start eating their child's umbilical cord next. Oh wait......

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Apparently it’s a great antiseptic too!

More worrying is how many believe what media tell them that CT and anti-vaxxers believe. 🤣
Last I heard it was people like films stars Gwenith Paltrow and the like that did these things. certainly no CT I know or listened for the last 20 years to would do this.
Was that before or after she called her kid after a tech co /friut 💦🥃😵

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
CT’s and anti vaxxers are unfortunately coming out with crazy things. Gwyneth Paltrow and her Goop site have come under fire many times because they post nonsensical things which have no scientific or logical basis.

I didn’t label you a crazy misinformed anti vaxxer. It was a generic post.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think of Bear Grylls when I hear of drinking your piss.

Reactions: 6
CT’s and anti vaxxers are unfortunately coming out with crazy things. Gwyneth Paltrow and her Goop site have come under fire many times because they post nonsensical things which have no scientific or logical basis.

I didn’t label you a crazy misinformed anti vaxxer. It was a generic post.
The other day I was told that I was ignorant because I had noticed people not wanting to have the vaccines were worried about impact on fertility. But I had seen the person who accused me of this saying they were concerned about fertility 🧐

Anyway, people always seem to worry about anything new. They assume that it won’t have been tested. It was the same when the HPV vaccine came out but most people don’t seem to have concerns about that any more. Unfortunately all vaccines can cause bad reactions but in the majority of cases, the benefits outweigh the risks. That is not to say that ‘collateral damage’ to some people is ok but we don’t live in a perfect world.

Reactions: 2
The other day I was told that I was ignorant because I had noticed people not wanting to have the vaccines were worried about impact on fertility. But I had seen the person who accused me of this saying they were concerned about fertility 🧐

Anyway, people always seem to worry about anything new. They assume that it won’t have been tested. It was the same when the HPV vaccine came out but most people don’t seem to have concerns about that any more. Unfortunately all vaccines can cause bad reactions but in the majority of cases, the benefits outweigh the risks. That is not to say that ‘collateral damage’ to some people is ok but we don’t live in a perfect world.
Isn’t it natural to worry about side effects of new drugs…

It might be the only thing to save his bacon this time, another sympathy vote from ICU
C286B253-3B26-4272-8A24-3C06C7DF304B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes I think it is natural to worry about new drugs but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable to decide experts must be wrong and go your own way. I’ve had times in my life where I was mistrustful of people in authority or even scientists. I came out the other side of it eventually when I realised that I had been wrong.

It's how people see things on a personal level we all have different thought processes that decide our fate ,we don't all live the same life or see people in the same way that's what makes us all unique .

Reactions: 6
Yes I think it is natural to worry about new drugs but that doesn’t mean it’s reasonable to decide experts must be wrong and go your own way. I’ve had times in my life where I was mistrustful of people in authority or even scientists. I came out the other side of it eventually when I realised that I had been wrong.
I also think you will find a lot of people who put their trust in authority and scientists only to realise they were wrong to do so.
These are just people, meaning they can have flaws and can be and are often wrong.

Reactions: 7
It's how people see things on a personal level we all have different thought processes that decide our fate ,we don't all live the same life or see people in the same way that's what makes us all unique .
I generally agree and we all have views based on our own experiences & that’s fair enough. I personally don’t think it makes sense at all to reject evidence based science though and treat Covid with stuff ordered from the internet. I also think that whoever promotes this aforementioned stuff is profiteering from that, too. But that’s ok, though? Some people don’t even seem to understand how vaccines work and think that vaccines are injected into your blood stream.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had this issue with LFT. My husband tested last night, negative in the 30 minutes, he left it out all night and this morning I saw a faint line, he re tested, negative at 30 minutes, he went into a meeting (at home) and at the 2 hour mark a faint line again. He’s tested again tonight and at 30 minutes and 45 it’s completely negative. The line seems to appear faintly after 1-2 hours. We’ve never had this issue before, we rarely leave them out but not noticed this if we have. We also haven’t been out mixing, he just walks the dog. I’ve read online of others having this issue and being told it’s void and it counts as a negative. I’ve had really bad anxiety all day (I can’t be vaccinated so it really set my anxiety off) can anyone reassure me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.