Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #113

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 6 year old has tested positive, we've seen all the same people but I'm negative right now. I'm absolutely sick to the stomach with worry 😭 please do people have any reassuring stories of children having it!
My 2 year old had it in august at the same time as me and my husband. We had two bad days, difficult to control temp, her head hurt and she was just very sleepy. But then she woke up after an hours nap fine, like a complete shift. X

Reactions: 1
I just travelled to the midlands from the west for a pcr even though I genuinely 100% think I had it and the one who took the test last week only touched my tongue and up my nose for about 2 secs so it didn’t show . Well let me tell you. The woman today I’m sure reached narnia! I can’t breathe though my nostril the pain and burning is so severe 2 hours later! 🤮🤮 it’s excruciating. I’m lying down with tissue up my nose.
lmao when I had mine done in Switzerland this summer it was by far the worst one I ever had, she went so far up my nose and it felt like she was scraping. hopefully soon they will do a blood test that is more or as accurate as the nose swab.

My 6 year old has tested positive, we've seen all the same people but I'm negative right now. I'm absolutely sick to the stomach with worry 😭 please do people have any reassuring stories of children having it!
im sorry your kid is sick but stay positive it is rare for it to affect kids negatively.. so many reports are talking about kids being hospitalized but even fauci admitted that they are not being hospitalized for covid rather there for something else and tested positive to a non threatening case of covid

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have friends or family who are clinically vulnerable (e.g. diabetes/obese) who have caught covid and had fairly mild symptoms? I've been very careful (hermit-ish) for 2yrs, vaxed and booster and know that I need to live my life in 2022.... (looking for reassurance that the vax work I suppose)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have friends or family who are clinically vulnerable (e.g. diabetes/obese) who have caught covid and had fairly mild symptoms? I've been very careful (hermit-ish) for 2yrs, vaxed and booster and know that I need to live my life in 2022.... (looking for reassurance that the vax work I suppose)
A very good friend of mine is CEV following treatment for cancer, double vaxxed and has been v careful. She currently has covid and is fine just like a bad cold. Obviously it effects everyone differently but please do enjoy your life ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My 11-year-old son had a headache for an evening then was absolutely fine! Please don't worry xx

Reactions: 5
10 year old asymptomatic and 8 year old tired, on and off sore eyes and tummy ache, was feeling back to normal within 3 days

My mum is type 2 diabetic, over weight, takes immunosuppressive meds for an autoimmune disease and said she felt flu like but had also managed to do some gardening. She caught it 2 months after her 2nd dose. This was back in August so would of been delta we had

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Feck you barer of bad news 😂 I'm basically fooked having both the AZ and sleep paralysis.

I think its a big possibility but most don't agree.
Look on the brightside we've got at least another 3 weeks protection from the booster ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does this mean those that had AZ have basically only one dose of vaccine to rely on ( booster) https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...n-week-before-christmas-ons-estimate-12506773
Thats not what I was told today by two separate doctors.
They refused to give me my 2nd AZ jab because of adverse effects after the first, so I was given Pfizer.
They were very clear that 2 AZ would have been better, and that no matter what I had today none were made to protect against Omicron and that they were made for the Wuhan variant.
They did say that protection was there, but not as much as if I'd taken 2 AZ and then a booster.

Yes my dad, he’s diabetic (type 1) and has an rheumatoid arthritis and he caught covid back in sept, as you can imagine I was beyond worried but he said he’d felt worse with some colds and definitely when he had flu. No lasting effects thankfully.

Reactions: 7
My two year old nephew tested positive on Christmas Eve.. over the next few days it hit everyone in the family including his brothers. They’ve all be absolutely fine.. an unsettled night each but ok otherwise.

Thats not what I was told today by two separate doctors.
They refused to give me my 2nd AZ jab because of adverse effects after the first, so I was given Pfizer.
They were very clear that 2 AZ would have been better, and that no matter what I had today none were made to protect against Omicron and that they were made for the Wuhan variant.
They did say that protection was there, but not as much as if I'd taken 2 AZ and then a booster.
I think they're winging it tbh if it's true about the AZ I've had no protection since August so what has protected me from catching /getting ill from it 😂

I don't bucking have the booster yet *shakes fist
Well you'll get at least 6 weeks then ,it starts to wane after 10 weeks but takes up to a month to work 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My 7 yr old caught it in August - I wouldn't have known he had it but had him tested because I had symptoms. He didn't need any calpol at all over the 10 days, he was sick a couple of times but other than that he was on good form. My daughter 15 had it in June and she was only tested as her football team wanted her tested as she was a close contact. If anything she had hayfever like symptoms, she suffers from hayfever so again id never have known had it not been for her football team advising she should be tested. Try not to worry and stay positive, I know its hard though!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.