Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #113

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*And saying the reservations on the vaccine are mainly down to fertility is absolute rubbish. There are many many reasons for not wanting the vaccine and it will vary from person to person.*

Well this is the main fear that is being propagated. I’m not aware of what the others are. Covid itself is a new virus and it makes more sense to trust immunologists rather than conspiracy theories about whether the vaccine or the disease is safer.

Reactions: 3
I would also add that people don’t think Covid is very serious until it affects them. My friend (not vaccinated) is 38 years old and has not got out of bed since 21st December with it. He’s very poorly. He used to think that Covid was designed to make people fearful. Now, he is regretting not having the vaccine.
5 of us in this house all had Covid one of us twice all unvaccinated. My mind hasn't changed at all.

My sister was double vaccinated and had a chest infection was ill for 3 weeks. Decided not to get the booster.

Reactions: 8
Many of these supplements/alternative meds have not been FDA approved/regulated/undergone clinical trials.
My anti-vaxxer ex caught Covid before Christmas. He ended up in bed for 10 days, low key panicking it was going to get worse and ordering dubious stuff off the internet to cure it. The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

Reactions: 4
*And saying the reservations on the vaccine are mainly down to fertility is absolute rubbish. There are many many reasons for not wanting the vaccine and it will vary from person to person.*

Well this is the main fear that is being propagated. I’m not aware of what the others are. Covid itself is a new virus and it makes more sense to trust immunologists rather than conspiracy theories about whether the vaccine or the disease is safer.
No it's not, I would go back through this thread and read some comments from other tattlers, there are many unvaccinated and we all have have varying reasons as to why not. Fertility may be concern for some but it is not for others.

Reactions: 9
It is not my opinion. It is science. And I do disagree with people who think they know better than the experts. For some reason, since the advent of covid, armchair immunologists are springing up everywhere. I trust the people who’ve dedicated their life’s work to being the best and brightest in their field rather than succumbing to paranoia about satanic pedophiles ruling the world etc.

Other peoples' health decisions aren't any of your business

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I think most do consider it inflammatory that’s why it’s different to normal coronavirus it destroys the organs and can cause Multi system inflammatory disease in kids they treat it with medications designed to dampen down the immune system
They’re constantly learning something new about it but on the whole I think it falls under the term of respiratory but can be treated as inflammatory or whatever medical term - depending on how it affects the individual.

My anti-vaxxer ex caught Covid before Christmas. He ended up in bed for 10 days, low key panicking it was going to get worse and ordering dubious stuff off the internet to cure it. The cognitive dissonance is incredible.
It’s worrying as you don’t know what you are ordering from online.🤯 So many things being mis-sold.

Reactions: 1
My mum was into some 'light' conspiracy theories/misinformation about COVID but got the vaccine a few months after I got it as I didn't have any bad reactions. Since all that, we have known so many people who have had COVID and had to be hospitalised or passed away that I think her mind would have changed anyway. She said a few times that clearly the reason we hardly knew anyone with COVID during all those lockdowns/strict restrictions is because they worked 🤷‍♀️

I think it's really upsetting that a lot of people do seem to change their minds only when something bad happens to them or their loved ones

No it's not, I would go back through this thread and read some comments from other tattlers, there are many unvaccinated and we all have have varying reasons as to why not. Fertility may be concern for some but it is not for others.
I read this thread on and off and a lot of the concerns seem to be peddled by misinformation/fears caused by misinformation unfortunately

• Heart
Reactions: 6
New thread -

Reactions: 2
Other peoples' health decisions aren't any of your business
What are you talking about? I didn’t say other peoples health decisions are my business at any point. What I would like to know is how do you think we would have got to a point where we’re out of quarantines without a vaccination programme?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.