Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HoGi

VIP Member
It doesn't matter what time of year it is, the wait for an ambulance for a fall or broken leg/hip has always been 6hrs plus because it's not seen as an emergency, and ultimately the person is safe.
We've had people in their 80's waiting over 8hrs on the floor for paramedics, even though they're in agony, freezing and ending up having to have a wee right where they are.

Making people wait, or telling people to get themselves to hospital for heart problems, strokes ect is beyond ridiculous and dangerous, and completely avoidable.

What's the point of mandating a vaccine that the health sector are being told to get so they can protect others and reduces the risk of transmission if they still have to take time off?
It's totally hypocritical and makes a mockery of what we're being told, as well as actually putting people's lives in danger
Friend of mines dad died in the hospital car park. Was told to get himself to A&E and then was struggling to get change (parking meters don't take card) and he died in the carpark. It was a heart attack ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 40

Poddular

VIP Member
Said it before and I will say it again, anyone questioning natural immunity is rewriting nature and history. It shouldn't even be a question. So somebody gets a virus and recovers and we now have to believe in this new false reality that that gives them zero protection against same virus.
But give same person a laboratory made "vaccine" and hey presto in that we trust and restrict.
Absolute bollocks!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
They may have zero symptoms and be testing positive but if they’re working in a hospital with vulnerable people then why is that’s good idea for them to be in work? Would you want a sick relative in hospital to be treated by someone positive for covid? Because I wouldn’t. So yes there are inevitably a lot of people off with Covid within the NHS right now and this is causing massive delays but this is not helped by all the covid deniers not taking any social responsibility to do their bit and reduce the spread
I would rather a sick relative be treated promptly by someone who is asymptomatic rather than dying in a car park or dying at home waiting for a never appearing ambulance. If you are sick and vulnerable you should have been vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

emmer_moans

VIP Member
On my local Facebook page yesterday a concerned parent posted do residents of my local area think it is moral for a crying baby with breathing issues should be seen hours later in the GP car park, stripping down the clothes to check their chest with stethoscope? Apparently the parent had begged for an indoor face to face appointment, apparently not urgent enough for A&E but concerned enough to need a GP just to let them inside. That parents are having to beg for hours over the phone for their babies to be seen in a cold car park is just unacceptable. I really do think GPs need to adapt and start seeing people face to face for urgent stuff. The local walk in centre and A&E is currently vastly overwhelmed. It just feels like our local GPs are not seeing anyone. We can't go on like this! We pay taxes for this! We need to be seen!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

laynelo_

VIP Member
I’m not anti vax let me be clear (i’ve had my 2 jabs - not taking boosters now), If I had children they would get every jab necessary except the covid one. It’s not researched enough, it’s not effective. Forcing people to get 3, possibly 4 jabs now in the space of 15 months is absolutely ridiculous and some countries making it legally mandatory is just so so scary 😟 I really don’t see how people are being compliant and even supporting this. It’s really fucking scary now what laws the governments are implementing over this. I don’t go to protests but those who do those anti lockdown protests have my upmost respect! I don’t engage with the fear mongering media anymore, the stress of that will kill you faster than any illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Foxybrown

Chatty Member
I thought the doctor was great, why is Javid quick to reject his theory being of the medical profession & all, but willing to accept others, the doctor must be well conversed to make a informed decision considering the environment he works in. Furthermore, the doctor obvs become a consultant cos he's highly intelligent, well done him for speaking out 👏👏

Last edited:
  • Heart

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Just to give any covid deniers / anti maskers/ anti testers an idea of how bad things are for the NHS here, an elderly lady had to wait 26 hours for an ambulance at the weekend. A family member is carer, they rang 111 who said she needed a paramedic- they turned up the next night my family member was at work 26 hours later and it wasn’t even a paramedic who turned up after all that- it was 2 health care assistants who couldn’t do anything other than take her to hospital to be checked out, they couldn’t even give pain relief
This has got nothing to do with being a covid denier/anti mask/anti whatever.

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
They may have zero symptoms and be testing positive but if they’re working in a hospital with vulnerable people then why is that’s good idea for them to be in work? Would you want a sick relative in hospital to be treated by someone positive for covid? Because I wouldn’t. So yes there are inevitably a lot of people off with Covid within the NHS right now and this is causing massive delays but this is not helped by all the covid deniers not taking any social responsibility to do their bit and reduce the spread
What if they were sick with a cold or anything else? Things people just used to work through? How long do we treat Covid differently to these other illnesses? How long do we pay the price we are paying for this?

Reactions: 30

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I don’t think you would be saying that if they got covid off of them. You do realise anyone regardless of being vaccinated can within minutes end up very unwell with a stroke or heart attack etc? You can be a “healthy” vaccinated person one minute and at deaths door the next, no way would I want a family member being treated by staff with coronavirus on top of that
I would rather a family member having a heart attack be treated promptly by someone asymptomatic than not treated at all. There is a high chance of family member of catching Covid in the hospital, being asymptomatic, having only mild cold symptoms or dying but at least they didn’t die on the floor waiting for an ambulance.

Reactions: 29

xyzcba

VIP Member
I also would be far more inclined to listen to this Doctor's view on it - someone who is clearly fit and healthy, has seen the effects of the illness, and weighed up the risks using a medical brain; over any of the senior politicians who look like they live off wine & cheese, have no medical knowledge, and clearly barely exercise. None of them look very healthy at all, so I find it laughable & insulting that they have the cheek to try and lecture us about health.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Mbouzer

This doctor is actually getting real time experience on covid wards though dealing with patients day in and day out not just reading peer reviewed studies based on a small selection of the population and stating that as gospel. Id much rather trust him over Sajid Javid, that interview showed how he actually knows fuck all and just reads off a script. When somebody goes off script he doesn’t actually know what to say just “thats your view”, honestly pathetic

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
People tend to conflate things and jump to conclusions, though.

I'm not trying to diminish anyone's experiences, but so many refer solely to people they know when they're trying to make a point about the whole vaccine system. The sample is too small. And generally it's used in anti vaccine arguments -- e.g. "I haven't had the vaccine and I've been fine, but my mates are vaccinated and they've had covid, so there must be something in it! 🤔 "

If people don't want the vaccine, fine by me, but why try to justify it constantly by trying to make out that those who've had it are worse off? It's so transparent.
The same can be said in reverse though. People try to make out I'm at deaths door because I'm not vaccinated and that I should be staying inside and that because I'm not vaccinated, I am 100% going to die of covid.

I particularly like you insist you aren't diminishing anyone's experience and then proceed to try and do that 🤣

Vaccinated people are adamant that its vaccination or death and nothing in between which is pretty fucking offensive to people like me.

I'm not stupid or an anti vaxxer or any other offensive term you decide I am because you have some superiority about the vaccine you've received.

I particularly love how you cant tolerate unvaccinated and are absolutely pig ignorant and unwilling to listen to ANYTHING (my particular favourite is random nobodies on here who absolutely insist they know better than my team and that I absolutely can be vaccinated because there are NO ill affects from the vaccine and that yellow cards reports are made up because some knob head listed homosexuality as a result).

Do you really give a shit if someone isnt vaccinated? If the vaccination does as it is furiously promised to, then you are protected and absolutely definitely won't die (you know, how the unvaccinated absolutely will)

You might also want to take some time in learning the difference between anti vaxxer and people who are hesitant and have concerns. I have zero time for anti vaxxers and the only people I've met and on here are scared and worried but apparently its ok to belittle them and name call them because they've not immediately rushed into taking it and are somehow deemed a lower than low species. Absolutely embarrassing.

And to end this, I'd like to say a big fuck you all to every single person on here who told me I was wrong, that insisted there are no side effects, that the vaccine is the only way for me to survive, that my team are wrong and especially those who said that I should ignore my team and should go to a vaccination centre because they know better and I absolutely can have the vaccine because guess what I received today?

My medical exemption from vaccination.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Maybe they’ll be no choice if emergency treatment is to continue .
This happens every single year!!

Google any year and the NHS is overwhelmed and the headlines were scary. Hospitals were closing, so were walk in clinics, A&E and emergency services - but we all carried on while quietly moaning, or being completely oblivious.

Let's not blame covid, let's blame years of not investing and beds being cut back.
The only difference now is that is being monitored daily/weekly.
We have never as a humans monitored health and illness like we have over the past 2yrs, if we had then we'd have never have left the house.

It borderline pathetic now, and even the most sane scientific minds have lost all perspective

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Mbouzer

Its so weird how everyone seems to be catching covid not long after their booster/vaccination or if they live with someone who's just been vaccinated, seems to be the case on here and with my family and friends. Me and my husband are the only people that haven’t caught it and we are both unvaccinated, don't wear masks and work in “essential” jobs so mix quite a lot.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
We still don't know how many years before it's an annual one dose vaccine .
Or before there's a vaccine that actually works, or one that they're satisfied with so life can carry on.

It's getting beyond a joke. They can't keep banging on about getting a booster when they're saying that anyone without even a hint of a symptom, or mild symptoms has to isolate.

Either you trust in your vaccine, or you don't. We can't have it both ways anymore.
Infrastructure is suffering yet again, and majority of those people at home could be at work because they'll be well enough to work if they were allowed - stopping isolating and testing well people!

It shouldn’t even matter about age - if you're well enough to get up and carry on like you would with a heavy cold then carry on.
For anyone vulnerable then we're back to the mantra of vaccines work in stopping severe disease - trust them! If we can't trust them, then why fucking bang on about them!

The majority of society can't keep getting boosted every 5mins when its clearly not stopping transmission.
It's time to think of the bigger picture and protect the larger population, whether that be for health, economy, education or whatever

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
My husband is due surgery next week for cancer. I just feel it's inevitable it will be cancelled. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 25

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
So now my 12 year old who was literally breathing into my mouth the last few days and was sick has tested positive on 2 different brand lft! Had to book him a private test for tomorrow. I have a bad headache and scratchy throat but I’ve talked to some people on the phone and they say oh the Lidl brand are showing false positives. Well none of his were false and I’m not joking I thought the test was broke as the T showed up within a second it was that fast for him. Neither of us are vaxxed but I still can’t prove I have it as my pcrs were negative and it’s only the Lidl brand I show up on. I mean this is the most frustrated I’ve ever been in my life with anything. His 2 and my now very strong Lidl one 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
I really mean no disrespect but I think you need to take a step back from testing and stressing about it. If I were you personally, I would just assume I was positive, especially as now your son is also. I would also assume that you have been positive for some time and are now coming out the other end of it. I would isolate for a few more days or for as long as your child needs to then go about your life. You seem really anxious, I am sorry you are feeling this way. I hope you are okay. My advice would be to try and take a step back for a few days do something relaxing to take your mind off all this stress. Hope you and your child are both better soon! X

• Heart

Emzykins

VIP Member
Seeing so many comments about doctors etc - it's been horrific here. My GP has been closed since before Christmas as they are a hub for the booster, I have called twice about my daughter (she is 2) who has had a terrible chesty cough since November (not covid). Both times I have called I was told "if it was that bad you'd of taken her to a&e by now".

So I should be taking my 2 year old to a&e to wait for 6 hours to be seen, while covid is rife? Thankfully over Christmas my workplace gave us access to a 24/7 private GP service as a thank you for our hard work in 2021, and my daughter was seen straight away and she has a chest infection.

I am so so so over covid now. I love the fact I get to work from home, but it's taking the pee abit now.

• Heart
  • Wow