Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea I'm thinking literally don't even go in the house, can get to the back garden via side gate so will only be outside and if I need a wee I'll do that outside too although with my poor aim I'll likely piss on my leg but ah well 😅
hahaha! we have to keep our mental health in check too. I might do this with one of my grandparents. I can’t go straight to the garden but I can leg it though the front door with toddler under my arm and not touch anything til we get to the garden!

Reactions: 2
This is my Mother’s Day plan for tomorrow - drive to mum’s house, ring doorbell, leave present on doorstep and run away from the door (just out of the front garden and into the street). Wait for my mum to come to the door, shout happy Mother’s Day from the street and have a brief chat.

Then go back home (and bleeping stay at home).

It’s the best I can come up with!
Pretty much my plan too. I want to see my mum and she’s already upset that I’m not going round for our usual Sunday dinner 😄 so the least we can do is have a quick chat while I stand at the end of the path

Reactions: 3
Why would you run out of the garden into the street for a chat? If you’re asymptomatic then 2m apart, no touching, less than 15 mins and all is grand in my book 🤷‍♀️
But if you’re asymptomatic you could still have it so surely more than that is better? Whilst people are still out and about at the shops etc, it’s so confusing as to when to start counting from.

Can ppl just stop stressing about mothers day please. Mothers know you love them, its just a money making exercise by companies. I was taught to show my love every day and have taught my child the same. The greatest love is keeping them safe and well and just talk on the phone and tell them youre not risking their health by visiting. Even dropping off flowers or chocs might have the virus on them 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 21
To give all of us the best possible chance of spending Mother’s Day next year with our mums, let’s give them the gift of social distancing.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Where are today's numbers for the UK?

Also why are italys numbers so high if they are on lockdown?

• Sad
I am 25 and I hate to say it but as a generation we are generally extremely selfish and focussed on our own instant gratification.

Recently becoming diagnosed with an illness has changed my perspective on life and I have had a full reckoning about how arrogant people my age are and what actually matters in life.

My boyfriend is twice my age and honestly the difference in attitudes is crazy between our generations. I enjoy it though. He and I have both agreed that although this situation is awful, it will open a lot of millennial eyes to what is truly difficult in life. The woke warriors who spend all of their time arguing about the different branches of feminism for example, are about to find out what real hardship is. I believe in gender equality before any comes at me but let’s me real about what truly matters - because it isn’t which branch of feminism is better than another one. 😂 Millenials want to care about others when it suits them but the rest of the time, it’s all about “me me me”. This isn’t a time when you can be like that and I think a lot of people our age are really about to find that out the hard way. We all need to respect the rules. I think the army should be on the streets if people don’t.
I absolutely LOVE you! This is so refreshing to read from someone of your age. You are absolutely right!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No (face to face) dating, no actual kissing, no sex or other intimate activities (with randoms - your regular partner is ok I'm assuming). That's the guidance now. :oops: So long as they don't ban chocolate or wine, I'll be a happy bunny!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
No (face to face) dating, no actual kissing, no sex or other intimate activities (with randoms - your regular partner is ok I'm assuming). That's the guidance now. :oops: So long as they don't ban chocolate or wine, I'll be a happy bunny!
There are already cobwebs so a few more months won’t hurt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The zoo has just closed by us. Mother’s Day tomorrow an I’m dreading it. I just want to stay home an only go out when/if I have to.

But tomorrow I can see me being dragged round cause no-one bleeping gets it 😔

• Sad
But if you’re asymptomatic you could still have it so surely more than that is better? Whilst people are still out and about at the shops etc, it’s so confusing as to when to start counting from.
I understood it (maybe wrongly!) as droplet spread so you catch it if someone coughs or sneezes or otherwise sprays their germs on to you, or by touching something their germy hands have touched. Therefore if asymptomatic it rules out the first risk and by not touching it rules out the second.

Reactions: 1
I just don't understand some people, my mum wanted to take my 3yo to a busy shopping centre just to look round and looked at me like I was crazy for refusing!! We went for a walk to a local forest there were sooo many people! I find it so hard just staying in not going out atall but maybe we will have to. Or maybe a walk on the streets avoiding people 😭😭 am I being too cautious 🤣🤣

Reactions: 6
The zoo has just closed by us. Mother’s Day tomorrow an I’m dreading it. I just want to stay home an only go out when/if I have to.

But tomorrow I can see me being dragged round cause no-one bleeping gets it 😔
If you don’t want to go, don’t x

Reactions: 3
I shared on my facebook cos if that doesn't open some people's eyes I dont know what will.
I don't understand why the news channels arent playing soundbites from it. It is really sobering and lays it starkly on the line. Yes it's terrifying but sadly it's the only way some morons will take heed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.