Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See to be honest, I'm not really into comparing figures from other countries and the UK. Each country has so many variables that its unfair to say oh that's gonna be us, because we are not Italy (or any other country), we have different demographics, we behave differently (evidently!) so to save the stress on yourself, I would say just keep you and yours as safe as you can, keep your distance from sick folk, and observe good hygiene. Hopefully our numbers will never be the same as Italy or Spain. ;) x
And a big plus we're a small couple of Islands, so should be easier to contain compared to Europe ..if people wake up and adhere to the advice...

Reactions: 6
Are people still allowed to attend funerals? For pre-corona craziness deaths? My nans funeral is next Monday :(
Sorry to hear about your nan, my love to you and your family. ❤
In England funerals are taking place,with restrictions. Attendance is limited to immediate family and close friends (approximately 10 people in most services). Social distancing is encouraged.
Try contacting your funeral director as depending on the most recent advice they can advise you better for where you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So mother's day, could I go see my Mum but go through the garden and literally just sit in the garden together a few meters apart?
Or is that not a good idea?
Haven't seen her in two weeks. 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This is my Mother’s Day plan for tomorrow - drive to mum’s house, ring doorbell, leave present on doorstep and run away from the door (just out of the front garden and into the street). Wait for my mum to come to the door, shout happy Mother’s Day from the street and have a brief chat.

Then go back home (and bleeping stay at home).

It’s the best I can come up with!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was wondering the very same what are people telling their children ? ...my youngest is 7 I'm like yourself don't want to scare him, but he's asking more questions and it's getting harder to give an answer ...
I always find the gentle truth is the way to go with kids and ask if they have any questions

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had bit of an argument with a friend, just I’m getting rather frustrated with people not taking this seriously and the lack of social distancing... the last line where she says we are all in this together... yeah right, tell that to your friends who went out out. Am I being too dramatic?
You're right. And the effects of isolation on your mental health is obviously hard but I guarantee watching 1000s of people die will be harder in the long term. People are dumb. 😔

Reactions: 7
Iv just been to the beach to take the dog, normally quiet this time of evening at this time of year .... was absolutely packed. Like a summers day. People had bbq’s and stereos having family gatherings. Stopping talking to each other.
That’s my quiet place gone then

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So mother's day, could I go see my Mum but go through the garden and literally just sit in the garden together a few meters apart?
i don’t think that’s an awful idea. just keep far apart, don’t touch anything in the house etc. Bring your own drink, be mindful of coughing and sneezing etc.

I’ve just had bit of an argument with a friend, just I’m getting rather frustrated with people not taking this seriously and the lack of social distancing... the last line where she says we are all in this together... yeah right, tell that to your friends who went out out. Am I being too dramatic?
No I understand where you are coming from. Just say you’ll have to agree to disagree but just keep away from those who have been mingling for the time being x

Reactions: 1
This is my Mother’s Day plan for tomorrow - drive to mum’s house, ring doorbell, leave present on doorstep and run away from the door (just out of the front garden and into the street). Wait for my mum to come to the door, shout happy Mother’s Day from the street and have a brief chat.

Wonderful 💝

So todays deaths exactly match Italy's day 15. Ppl really need to WAKE UP NOW

• Sad
Reactions: 9
i don’t think that’s an awful idea. just keep far apart, don’t touch anything in the house etc. Bring your own drink, be mindful of coughing and sneezing etc.
Yea I'm thinking literally don't even go in the house, can get to the back garden via side gate so will only be outside and if I need a wee I'll do that outside too although with my poor aim I'll likely piss on my leg but ah well 😅

• Haha
That made me feel really sad bless you!
I’m in another country and haven’t seen mine in almost a year - was meant to be over Easter but that’s gone to pot. I will have to settle for FaceTime x

Yea I'm thinking literally don't even go in the house, can get to the back garden via side gate so will only be outside and if I need a wee I'll do that outside too although with my poor aim I'll likely piss on my leg but ah well 😅
🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Going over to my parents tomorrow, going through the side gate not entering the house at all, staying well away from them the entire time, will probably get a headache from trying to shout to them but I’m dropping shopping off and will probably do it once a week for as long as I can

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I think that’s as good as it gets. let’s hope many do the same

• Heart

Why would you run out of the garden into the street for a chat? If you’re asymptomatic then 2m apart, no touching, less than 15 mins and all is grand in my book 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Iv just been to the beach to take the dog, normally quiet this time of evening at this time of year .... was absolutely packed. Like a summers day. People had bbq’s and stereos having family gatherings. Stopping talking to each other.
That’s my quiet place gone then
I went yesterday and it was packed really struggled to keep away from ppl. Its actually on the news now saying it is rammed today and ppl need to stay away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.