Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I beg to differ. My local hospitals are on black alert every winter. There are always reports of no ambulances and them stacking up at the hospital as no beds.
I’m talking about NI it’s a completely different thing. For one our local hospital has 10 ICU beds to do an entire area of thousands of people.Belfast has limited capacity too they have to cancel red flag surgeries if they need extra ICU beds England don’t have those problems.

Reactions: 3
I’m talking about NI it’s a completely different thing. For one our local hospital has 10 ICU beds to do an entire area of thousands of people.Belfast has limited capacity too they have to cancel red flag surgeries if they need extra ICU beds England don’t have those problems.
Ah fair enough. I often forget that it isn't just England on here

Reactions: 1
I’m not expecting a lockdown in Jan, nor the schools. Remote learning has been raised by my child’s school, not because of closures but if they are off but well enough to continue learning or if the school has to send some classes/years home due to low staff levels.

Reactions: 7
So after three weeks of the obvious from South Africa it appears that UK "experts" are starting to cotton on to what the more sensible amongst us had realised.

So when do we get to see the Covidian advisors who have made the government DESTROY the hospitality industry apologise?

When do we see the poor people who had £2000 plus for unnecessary enforced imprisonment reimbursed for their money and time?

When do we see the selfish arseholes who queued for a vaccine booster they didn't need show come contrition to the people who's medical appointments they stole?

I'm betting.....never.....because we "still don't know enough about Omicron". How long will the Omicron wetties carry on with this charade? Or are they already starting to pray for their glorious deity to send another Kleenex-worthy variant so they can engage in further viral inspired onanism?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m not expecting a lockdown in Jan, nor the schools. Remote learning has been raised by my child’s school, not because of closures but if they are off but well enough to continue learning or if the school has to send some classes/years home due to low staff levels.
The isolation needs to ends. The country will grind to a halt if the amount of cases go as predicted.

Reactions: 17
So I had to book a dental appointment today. The receptionist asked my vaccination status as they are not seeing anyone without being fully vaccinated including my teenager! What is the world coming to!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
But the testing has increased the last two days. It is the highest it has ever been.
Maybe people have symptoms? The drive in test centres have been pretty busy we don’t have a shortage of LFTs or PCRs. I fail to see why people would want to isolate if they’re not ill.

Reactions: 5
It’s called black eyed Friday in Newcastle because you were guaranteed a black eye by the end of the night 😂
I'm in the North East and can confirm 😂 still call it that now!

I'm planning to go for a meal and a few drinks tomorrow with friends for my birthday, quiz team night out Saturday (Christmas) and family meal Sunday (birthday) - I've never normally been anxious about Covid but I'm having my surgery on the 30th and really don't want to end up having to cancel! I have to do a PCR 3 days before and isolate but that doesn't bother me with it being that weird time between Christmas and New Year and I want to clean and cook for my recovery period. I've had Covid back in July and had two doses of Novavax and one of Pfizer so I'm hoping I'll be Ok...

• Heart
Haha the 'wind up merchant' card is often played by certain people who can't fathom that someone may think differently than them. Especially on a 'groupthink' topic like this one.

My mum hasn't been to church since March 2020, as she doesn't feel comfortable, but her church has stayed open since I'd say May/June last year?

It was actually meant to be banter - that'll learn me 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Were you at John Smith's?
Wimbledon Centre Court (the one with shops in it). Having seen footage of other places I realise we had it easy - the main problem seemed to be people taking way too long to answer the safety questions, and not enough people manning the desks.

Nothing traumatic beyond a bit of boredom but a stark difference from my previous visits for which I picked quiet periods whereas this time there was limited choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So I had to book a dental appointment today. The receptionist asked my vaccination status as they are not seeing anyone without being fully vaccinated including my teenager! What is the world coming to!
I bet if you went to the same surgery as a private patient they’d have you in within the hour. 😡

Reactions: 9
That's exactly what my experience of Covid was last month. I had a few days of cold symptoms, then the irritating cough kicked in. Not a chesty, respiratory cough, but the itchy, back of the throat annoying cough that you desperately try to suppress, only to make it worse and end up in an endless coughing fit. Made it very difficult to sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

I had this last week, the cough made me so tired, kept me awake at night. LFT negative though

Interesting seeing as I asked this exact question yesterday (will dentists refuse to treat unvaccinated)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The government just don’t want to admit that they need to recruit a LOT more nhs staff and build new hospitals. Nothing will eradicate it and it will take years for boosters etc to get levels down to how the flu naturally spikes up and down. Only one virus has been eradicated in history and it took many years.

it is here forever and along with other viruses that thrive in winter it will cause huge winter problems. There’s always problems in acute settings at winter every year, even pre covid. Throw a new virus into the mix that gets worse at winter, the crisis every year will get worse. We have needed new hospitals and new staff for years! The government admitting actually it is here forever and we need to be equipped to deal with it is them saying they do need to invest in the nhs which I can’t see happening tbh.

i can’t see many people staying away from family if they try to enforce any rules this year, especially after bojo and his party 🤣

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.