Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter only had her 1st dose in October when it opened for 12 year olds. What’s the time they have to wait for 2nd?
This is what I want to know.
I only had my second dose twelve weeks ago and I’m having my booster on Friday. Considering initially they wanted six months BETWEEN doses for adults!
I’m so confused with it all to be honest I worry about long term effects of these vaccines, and worry about becoming ill with Covid too. (I have HBP and since having these vaccines I cannot get my blood pressure lower than 168/111).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Peston with his mask around his neck and the other guy has his nose sticking out. If some of the most high profile journalists can't wear them properly when they know they're on the telly what hope is there?

Screenshot_20211215-173209_YouTube.jpg

PSX_20211215_173413.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I think that's called being baffled by science

What I did get was that beause of Alpha we had high immunity which is why Delta wasn't so bad for us.

So he's saying that SA have escaped lightly because they had high Delta - ok, but we had high cases of both AND have vaccines.
SA only have 25% vaccinated... so surely that confirms the outcome of Omicron will be better, and also confirms that it's not as deadly and that natural immunity works!

So either way immunity works and his attempt at trying to drag this out to be something is isn't by twisting the SA Dr's words and saying its been misinterpreted is wrong

This from Dr Coetzee.... I think that's quite clear
I think he was trying to say that if it is half as bad then it can still affect a lot of people. And if cases are doubling daily then you will quickly get to, and surpass, the previous peaks and then the "half as deadly" doesn't mean anything.

However it was a load of waffle and I think it was quite rude and insulting to all the SA scientists who have been studying this.

Reactions: 8
Get boosted.
Roll your sleeve up.
Jabs in arms.
Boosters.
If you haven’t already, get boosted.
Get boosted now.
Jabs army.
Do your duty and get boosted.
Did I mention to get your booster?
Blah blah blah booster blah blah blah boosting boostathon boostilicious
I read that in his exact voice! 😂

Boosterthon and boostillicious though .. hahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is the highest case day ever, they have ammo to lock us down at this point and the fact they haven’t just proves to me they aren’t really that concerned about Omicron but need to appear to be doing something in the meantime.

I don’t want another lockdown and I think they’ll avoid it at all costs purely down to not wanting to pay for it. At the end of the day, they’re still the Tory party, covid or not.

Reactions: 13
I think he was trying to say that if it is half as bad then it can still affect a lot of people. And if cases are doubling daily then you will quickly get to, and surpass, the previous peaks and then the "half as deadly" doesn't mean anything.

However it was a load of waffle and I think it was quite rude and insulting to all the SA scientists who have been studying this.
Thanks for explaining what he was on about. Some of the double speak they talk in confused the hell out of me.

Reactions: 3

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't even seem half as bad. Hasn't it been found that it's 27/29% as bad?

I agree though, he was insulting.. as well as gaslighting the public.
The figures worldwide and from SA are there confirming its not as bad, but don't believe that because you've misunderstood what they've said ... piss off Whitty!

Eta.. he's just said what I originally thought. Immunity wins whichever way it works

Reactions: 7
I genuinely think part of the answer is stop testing. Why are we testing if we’re not sick or suffering? You wouldn’t test for the flu or something in case you had it.
( I know it's not contagious) it's like doing a pregnancy test after every time you had sex just I case.

Reactions: 9
This is the highest case day ever, they have ammo to lock us down at this point and the fact they haven’t just proves to me they aren’t really that concerned about Omicron but need to appear to be doing something in the meantime.

I don’t want another lockdown and I think they’ll avoid it at all costs purely down to not wanting to pay for it. At the end of the day, they’re still the Tory party, covid or not.
I
I agree, it comes across that because of the conservatives being caught having day trips, affairs and Christmas parties during the lockdown s Boris has decided to be on top of things to show that they do care and do want us to be safe. If omicron turns out nothing to be too concerned about I doubt they would admit it.

I got this today, so they are definitely cancelling appointments in favour of giving the boosters
I got my NHS letter saying my smear test is due and to book with my GP...... Yip haven't been able to get through constantly engaged... No doubt prioritising booster appointments... So can't see me getting my smear this year.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
He keeps appearing on telly and waffling when he's been caught out. He's only there today to make people forget about those brave MPs who went against him and one that spoke out about made up data!

( I know it's not contagious) it's like doing a pregnancy test after every time you had sex just I case.
We’ve stopped doing the twice weekly tests school expects us to do. If we have symptoms yes of course test but otherwise no

Reactions: 10
If you're bothered by cases and the potential for out of control hospitalisations the time for restrictions is now.

So I'm glad that the fat pointless buffoon is waffling on with his pointless booster rhetoric.

The Tory rebels did their job in convincing the boy blunder that they have his pathetic balls firmly in their tight grasp. The useless bloated windbag is too attached to his idea of being a great leader to want to risk his ever more tenuous grasp on power under an avalanche of letters on to Sir Graham Brady's doormat.

Reactions: 2
Is there anybody here NOT having a booster? I’m thinking of cancelling. Are they thinking about second booster? How long does this go on for?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there anybody here NOT having a booster? I’m thinking of cancelling. Are they thinking about second booster? How long does this go on for?
i want one but each of my jabs made me violently ill to the point i had to be off work for 3 weeks at a time, so dodging the booster until after xmas

• Wow
  • Sad
I’ve never taken a covid test, not an lft or a pcr. Mainly because I’ve never displayed symptoms, but I refuse to test for the hell of it when I have no symptoms either.

Reactions: 14
We’ve stopped doing the twice weekly tests school expects us to do. If we have symptoms yes of course test but otherwise no
What if you have it and don’t have symptoms? How will you know? That is the point of the bi weekly testing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.