Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're losing confidence in his leadership. Starmer said he's not fit to get the country through the pandemic as if he could do any better .
I don't think any of them would do any better. I can't think of a single senior politician that I have any confidence in.

They are creating a situation where the NHS will always be overwhelmed - with staff leaving in droves. And why is that? Sinister imo. It happened here - then they backed down on mandates because they'd lose too many people.
I'm not sure. Some will leave, but I think when push comes to shove a lot will stay because it's their career.

Reactions: 7
My long awaited trip to see the Lion King in London tomorrow has gone. Cast members have COVID.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
There will effectively be no NHS after this. Which is exactly what they want. I’m already trying to find anyway I can possibly afford private healthcare because it’s already so dire and it’s just going to get worse. This is what they were aiming for from day one. Absolutely cripple the already fucked NHS, so we simply have no choice if we want to live.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
They've been running it down for years most of the consultants in out local hospital have already gone into private practice they only work for the NHS when it suits them and charge double for their time they've got it well sussed.

Reactions: 3
Do you work in education or NHS?
NHS, our stats show we have less than 10 patients with covid in (no further breakdown of if they are in BECAUSE of covid or if its a secondary thing) but our A&E dept is overrun and breaching every day with minor things because patients can't get to their GP. We regularly go on divert but all other local trusts are the same :(

• Sad
Reactions: 18
That photo looks like it was taken in 2000, never mind 2020. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Me and my mum don’t want another lockdown for the simple reason that our next door neighbours are awful parents who swear at their kids morning, noon and night and we can’t stand the shouting and screaming coming through the walls
You should report it.

Reactions: 3
Very telling that the government manages to find the money for endless covid tests, paying peoples wages through lockdowns and millions of vaccines but has left the NHS and other services such as education and social care to struggle on bare bones for years to the point where a relatively mild virus pushes things to the brink of collapse.

Just shows that when push comes to shove they can find the money, they just don’t want to put it where it’s truly needed so that society as a whole can benefit and thrive. I’m dreading another decade or more of austerity, tax increases and cuts to vital services whilst the rich carry on with life unaffected. Everything feels so tit right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
My youngest came home from school today with all of the Google Classroom passwords, online maths website passwords etc. in their school book. Teachers are prepping for lockdown then

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.