Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The poster would probably also support the no singing or dancing rule we have here in Quebec

Fun strictly prohibited.

It reminds me of Footloose . People will start rebelling and dancing all over the place
Like being grounded. You can go to school or work but nothing recreational.

Reactions: 5
I’m struggling to feel less angry today.

I have done-everything asked of me yet we are back to “ the nhs won’t cope”

2 years later?

this feels like a regular punishment.

I do not want to meet outside in groups of 6 eating on the cold. I’m a social creature - this is feeling very wrong on so many levels.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not someone with an incredible good social life and I thought lockdowns wouldn't bother me. I couldn't cope with not seeing my family and I couldn't cope with them seeing how worked up and emotional I was to just stand and see them in the garden or from the windows. I wouldn't even open my curtains and I just sat with the news on the tv constantly. About a month into lockdown my family staged an intervention and I moved back home. If they didn't I'd probably haven't taken my own life. So lockdowns are scary to me. Maybe because I have OCD but I'm Just putting my two pence in. For me it another one would be W big deal, I never want to feel that low again.
I totally agree, I didn’t see my family for 18 months or longer (I forget now) and it was horrendous. It’s very noteworthy how people who aren’t bothered by lockdowns usually have a husband, kids and a house. Theyre alright so duck the rest of us 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How likely do you think it is that this lockdown will go ahead?

Im really anxious about it. I think if he said 'right we are locking down now for 2 weeks' I'd prefer that to the current leaked information about what might or might not happen.

Its the mixing households restriction that would bother me, I dont want to be isolated and cut off from the world again.

Reactions: 13
I just think some people have got it pretty shite in life and then there are people who seem to get very upset easily by a circuit breaker and not being able to spend money?
There are people that never get that lift in life but I'm not sure it's spending money people are worried about the shops etc will be open ,it's more to do with the uncertainty of what lies in store from education to employment and like you said that has a knock on effect on peoples MH when you can't plan one day to the next ,don't forget we're coming up to two years of this now with no end in sight there's a lot of businesses stand to fold the longer it goes on .

Reactions: 7
If the nhs cannot cope for 3 years then how do change this?

why aren't people out protesting more? I feel like we are being punished mentally.

Reactions: 10
How likely do you think it is that this lockdown will go ahead?

Im really anxious about it. I think if he said 'right we are locking down now for 2 weeks' I'd prefer that to the current leaked information about what might or might not happen.

Its the mixing households restriction that would bother me, I dont want to be isolated and cut off from the world again.
It depends what's meant by a lockdown

If they close down certain businesses then that's one thing

If it's things like advice on meeting people etc then no one has to comply with it

Reactions: 4
Prevention is always better than a cure.

If the Government didn't cause the nation to be in a constant state of fear that would help.

All this information being leaked by them - possible lockdown just around the corner .

The constant media headlines with the scary numbers , predicting catastrophe.

All of this shows an absolute lack of consideration for the public.

They know very well the anxiety this is causing.
MH services have always been tit ( at least where I am ) but that's nothing to what we're going to see in the future ,we've got suicidal 5 yr olds being assessed in our local A&E but they can't refer them anywhere because there is nowhere ,

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The hanging loom of ‘lockdown’ is crap. What do they mean by lockdown? Is it being overhyped? What’s going to happen? Cancelled Christmas again??? I just can’t cope I’ve got so many things booked for Christmas - mid January I’ll be gutted for myself and the venues if I can’t go!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
If the nhs cannot cope for 3 years then how do change this?
Honestly I think this is the most concerning thing that has been underlined by all of this
What's confusing me is why GPs seems to be still mostly closed/operating on a remote basis. People are having to go to A&E/hospitals for fairly minor issues that could have been sorted by GPs, or are waiting till those issues get so bad they need to be hospitalised. That must be adding a lot of unnecessary pressure on the hospitals

My cousin is an ICU nurse and he's been signed off with PTSD from working during Covid. A shell of a man he once was.

• Sad
What anxiety does it cause? What's the worse that can happen if there is a lockdown? Have people forgotten how many died after Christmas last year? The only worry I ever have is the kids and vunreable people with a poor life becoming invisible but shops, pubs and all that being shut doesn't really affect me?
There is always that especially as people have lost that sense of community spirit that was seen at the beginning of the pandemic those people will likely become more invisible . I'm very lucky to live where I live where we've always looked out for each other that's got even stronger with the pandemic but I know that's not the same everywhere.

Reactions: 1
I haven’t left the house in 3 weeks because of my depression/agoraphobia. It’s not healthy I know that, but I’d rather know that the option is there to go out rather than being stuck in another lockdown.

I might not be making any sense but I know what I mean lol 😅😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.