Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we talking another full lockdown or what? Or do we not know yet? When’s the announcement? I hate reading the news as they give me even more anxiety. I only got through the last lockdowns due to my dog and She passed away in October. I’m in a right panic I won’t lie.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Are we talking another full lockdown or what? Or do we not know yet? When’s the announcement? I hate reading the news as they give me even more anxiety. I only got through the last lockdowns due to my dog and She passed away in October. I’m in a right panic I won’t lie.
Everything is speculation at the moment. I can't see another full lockdown but who knows?

Reactions: 4
I get the impression the government is leaking stuff again… lots of newspapers reporting a lock down / circuit breaker to happen after Christmas for two weeks. But I don’t know what to believe 🥺

Reactions: 17
Still waiting on my PCR results it’s been 25 hours. I’ve tested three times on lateral flow and all negative. Only had to do a PCR as I was a close contact

A fairly decent summary of the possibility that the strain isn't 'weaker' than typical COVID
Sorry if this has been shared, the threads move very quickly
I get the impression the government is leaking stuff again… lots of newspapers reporting a lock down / circuit breaker to happen after Christmas for two weeks. But I don’t know what to believe 🥺
If the government is leaking stuff then it's very likely to be the case

Honestly, I think they'd have a circuit breaker now/within the week but given that it's Christmas/New Years they won't so people aren't annoyed

Still waiting on my PCR results it’s been 25 hours. I’ve tested three times on lateral flow and all negative. Only had to do a PCR as I was a close contact
My family friend had COVID recently and had to wait two or three days, there must be some delays

Reactions: 4
They're reminding people not to go to the pub after their boosters

Reactions: 3
I tested positive for Covid on Thurs. 2 x LTF and I have symptoms ☹ Not had my PCR results back but I believe there is a massive backlog. Merry Christmas to me lol

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Sorry for the new thread chaos, I hadn't caught up but saw we were on 55 pages so just made one quickly.

The Times are reporting a host of measures including the return of shielding https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-breaker-would-ban-meetings-indoors-pdg0bntjt
I am absolutely refusing to shield again, I would not cope mentally and would rather risk getting covid

Would be pretty tit to have a birthday in Jan/Feb in that case 😂
I'm a Jan birthday 🙇🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Sorry for the new thread chaos, I hadn't caught up but saw we were on 55 pages so just made one quickly.

I am absolutely refusing to shield again, I would not cope mentally and would rather risk getting covid

I'm a Jan birthday 🙇🏽‍♀️
Shielding is only advice anyway but I think it might benefit those that need food deliveries or can't work from home but need to protect themselves if they're not able to get sick pay from their employer they can claim off the Government( I think ).

Reactions: 1
So todays cases is likely to be 100k. In the past 2 weeks we have had 900k cases with 7600 I’m hospital. Less than 1% in hospital, even less in ITU and dying. Hoping I’ve got my calculations right but it’s just absurd the panic!

Reactions: 21
@Renata I can't quote from the other thread, but there's a massive protest in London today.
The BBC ect won't tell you about that though, because according to MSM most people agree with the government 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
By 2 week circuit breaker ‘after Christmas’ when do we imagine that would actually be? We’re seeing my husbands family from the 27th and last year cause of f***ing lockdown we didn’t go to them then. Can’t say I will care too much what they say this time around.

Reactions: 3
The first ever lockdown was meant to be a 2 week circuit breaker too, and nearly 2 years later we’re still talking of lockdowns, people aren’t stupid, they won’t comply with strict restrictions.

People who are/have been cautious with will carry on being cautious and the ones who don’t give a duck about won’t give a duck

• Heart
Reactions: 40
By 2 week circuit breaker ‘after Christmas’ when do we imagine that would actually be? We’re seeing my husbands family from the 27th and last year cause of f***ing lockdown we didn’t go to them then. Can’t say I will care too much what they say this time around.
I could see it being early January, the week starting the 3rd

I honestly don't see them announcing any new measures in the coming days/week because they've made such a point about keeping open for Christmas (plus the benefits for some businesses), and there would probably be some difficulties with getting everyone back to Parliament during recess and so close to the 31st if the measures need to be voted through

Reactions: 5
@Renata I can't quote from the other thread, but there's a massive protest in London today.
The BBC ect won't tell you about that though, because according to MSM most people agree with the government 🙄

I think it's great that people are protesting what's not so great is the media coverage (surprise surprise they report on it only to give biased coverage?)
In the daily mail for example it's been reported that the protest turned violent with a scuffle breaking out with the police?
So starts the narrative of the belligerent protesters causing trouble not following the rules (no masks gasp!) and being anti social and attacking those hard working police officers upholding the law and civic virtue etc etc etc....
Just demonising protesters really and all form of protest?
Reading the comments someone wrote that actually it was the police who were antagonising the protesters and not the other way around?
The poster also wrote that if people watch the footage of the protest then all this is clearly seen?

Reactions: 15
The first ever lockdown was meant to be a 2 week circuit breaker too, and nearly 2 years later we’re still talking of lockdowns, people aren’t stupid, they won’t comply with strict restrictions.

People who are/have been cautious with will carry on being cautious and the ones who don’t give a duck about won’t give a duck
I don't think any time frame was mentioned with the first lockdown, not officially.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.