Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend (24) has tested positive for covid and she’s describing it to be the flu. She’s so weak she can barely lift her head up from the pillow, she doesn’t have to energy to eat and she can barely move to go to the toilet. She’s also double jabbed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My friend (24) has tested positive for covid and she’s describing it to be the flu. She’s so weak she can barely lift her head up from the pillow, she doesn’t have to energy to eat and she can barely move to go to the toilet. She’s also double jabbed.
Anecdotal I know, but all my friends that have been vaccinated that have gone on to get COVID have been really ill (we're all in our 30s & 40s).

Make of that what you will.

Reactions: 10
I post about this charity all the time here, but they are are wonderful and still accessible by email and phone. Just in case you need some extra support.

The one thing that I found helpful was to actually stop listening/reading all of the live updates and the news,

Might sound a bit woo but have you tried the Havening technique? Some examples of how to use it. It's basically self massage.

Thank you, i’ll look into it❤

I’ve been avoiding the news on TV for about a year now and it’s definitely been helping. I only search for covid related things if I feel mentally okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have Covid :( I'm on Day 4 of symptoms and today was hell never had a headache like it. Mostly just been really bad muscle aches and cough. But, today spent the whole time counting the hours taking paracetamol and holding my hands to my head. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day, I'm so bored isolating in my room relying on my brother to keep bringing food/drink when I need. I'm already over Netflix, I'm no energy to do even a simple workout in my room. My head is truly banging.

I'm honestly just glad I'm fully vaccinated as God only knows how much worse I'd feel. At least I'll be out of isolation before Christmas dinner :LOL: For now, it's just me, tattle, TikTok and every streaming service known to the internet.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I have Covid :( I'm on Day 4 of symptoms and today was hell never had a headache like it. Mostly just been really bad muscle aches and cough. But, today spent the whole time counting the hours taking paracetamol and holding my hands to my head. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day, I'm so bored isolating in my room relying on my brother to keep bringing food/drink when I need. I'm already over Netflix, I'm no energy to do even a simple workout in my room. My head is truly banging.

I'm honestly just glad I'm fully vaccinated as God only knows how much worse I'd feel. At least I'll be out of isolation before Christmas dinner :LOL: For now, it's just me, tattle, TikTok and every streaming service known to the internet.
I hope you feel better soon from what I read the headache is the worst bit even pain don't shift it .

Reactions: 7

So sorry you're feeling terrible. Please no workouts! Rest, lots of water, audiobooks/podcasts.

You will feel better soon xxxx

I hope you feel better soon from what I read the headache is the worst bit even pain don't shift it .
Yes thee coughing you'd get over - couple spurts every once in awhile. Hot water, manuka honey and lemon helped that fairly fast. But, today has for sure been hell with the headaches. Only now am I opening the laptop sitting up in bed - gonna have another shower to try sort myself out again.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
You shouldn’t have to justify your choice of you want the booster are not. I certainly wouldn’t be going out my way to research it just to answer other peoples questions on your choice with regards to what goes into your body?
I agree with you for once! I'd tell them to eff off, but in a nice way. :D

Reactions: 2
Anecdotal I know, but all my friends that have been vaccinated that have gone on to get COVID have been really ill (we're all in our 30s & 40s).

Make of that what you will.
I'm early 30s, was double vaxxed at time of covid. I felt the flu was 100 worse personally. Just felt like I had narcolepsy with covid 🤣 the taste thing is a bit of a dick (mines gone squiffy again just to be jolly good fun!)

I agree with you for once! I'd tell them to eff off, but in a nice way. :D
😅😅 I couldn’t even bite my tongue with them! It’s like telling someone not to get the vaccine/booster and having them justify why they want it? The choice works both ways.

Reactions: 1
I'm early 30s, was double vaxxed at time of covid. I felt the flu was 100 worse personally. Just felt like I had narcolepsy with covid 🤣 the taste thing is a bit of a dick (mines gone squiffy again just to be jolly good fun!)
Interested to know, are you going to get your "booster" (third, fourth, fifth ad infinitum jab.....)?

Obviously, none of my business so need to answer if you don't want to, just curious xx

Last edited:
😅😅 I couldn’t even bite my tongue with them! It’s like telling someone not to get the vaccine/booster and having them justify why they want it? The choice works both ways.
For sure. I've chosen to have the three vaccines for my own reasons. If someone has an issue with that, they can tell someone who cares.

Reactions: 9

It wouldn't be before time. If people are already in hospital with something else they shouldn't be a covid case.
Well today's press conference slides showed hospital admissions and the graph was for people admitted to hospital within 28 days of testing positive for covid 19....so could of had covid recovered popped out to shops fell off kerb and broke their leg..... Admitted to hospital... Classed as a covid admission numbers goes up..... Its madness

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Your poor daughter (and you). As a young healthy 17 year old she does not need it and your dad needs to get back in his box or risk not seeing his granddaughter. He's been brainwashed. It's infuriating. Her mental health is the priority and is knowing and feeling she has autonomy over her body.

You need to make it clear to him that he is damaging her fragile mental health further with his attitude.
Thank you. My sister suffered terribly with her mental health which resulted in suicide exactly 2 years ago so you'd think he'd be more sympathetic. This is why I struggle to tell him how I really feel, I know he's still suffering so scared of upsetting him but at the same time he's upsetting my daughter. I did snap at him today though when I told him I've had enough and it's all bollocks. Ugh its so frustrating.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Hope you get well very soon, take it easy and let your body rest.

This is stupid.

What if you don't use public transport? Or roads? Or trains? Or don't have kids? Should you also be able to opt out of paying portion of tax for roads if you walk everywhere? I don't have kids, should I ask for a tax rebate for schools?

Services like the NHS are for the benefit of all. They make a healthier society for us all.
I've seen some disgusting messages on SM from vaccinated stating that unvaccinated shouldn't even be entitled to NHS treatment.....

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What does that mean exactly ?
I'm taking that to be that she's saying she's right in what she's said numerous times, but if you don't want to believe it then seek it out for yourself and you'll be told the same directly.

Our GPs won't tell us as we're not allowed to contact them, but the data is telling us what she's saying is right

Thank you. My sister suffered terribly with her mental health which resulted in suicide exactly 2 years ago so you'd think he'd be more sympathetic. This is why I struggle to tell him how I really feel, I know he's still suffering so scared of upsetting him but at the same time he's upsetting my daughter. I did snap at him today though when I told him I've had enough and it's all bollocks. Ugh its so frustrating.
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, truly heartbreaking and this will no doubt also have had a massive impact on your daughter. Hers and your mental health are the priority here, so don't be afraid of placing boundaries with your dad (I tell my parents to duck off on a regular basis!)

As much as we love our parents, ultimately, we do not owe them anything. Protect your daughter and yourself at all costs, and if that means not seeing him for a while, then so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.