Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
How the hell has the red countries list been scraped and quarantine is no more on arrival into the UK. Is it because they need these hotel beds for the people that Government have said they will discharge because they don’t need to be in hospital. The proverbial box of frogs are running our country. They are laughing their arses off at us over their cheddar and jacobs crackers.
Travel quarantine is useless once a variant is spreading through the community

Reactions: 13

mcfeez

VIP Member
I think it’s something to do with drinking too much and losing your inhibitions - if everywhere closes at 8 then I guess you’re expected to just go home rather than mixing too much
Some of these guys have never went day drinking before ... and it shows.

Reactions: 13

jackolantern

VIP Member
I think this time is worse. because most have now seen its a farce hopefully they won't obey this time and just live as much as they can if things are closed etc
I definitely think more people feel that way than before, but there's still a ton who genuinely believe you leave the house you die :( Painful at this point.

Reactions: 12

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
nah people like him will always find time 🤣 I discovered my ex used to run home from mine on a Sunday morning and have a quick grope in the woods on the way…sure BoJo can find a window 😂
from reading your post covid is the least of your worries, you already got rid of a virus. 😐

Onetwofour

VIP Member
I don't know how Johnson will manage to stay PM after the last leaking. Seems to me he has lost all the support he had and they want him out because it seems very suspicious all those revelations just right now.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
That vote was predictable as fuck. I wonder if they'd have all voted differently if passports and mandates applied to Parliament... 🤔

Lilliepad

VIP Member
I think I know more people with Covid than without at the minute 🥴 vaccinated, unvaccinated, mild symptoms, asymptomatic, really poorly in bed, I’ve got the whole bingo card.
Funnily enough, I have a lot of friends who work for one of the big hospitals in London and they’re absolutely fucked at work, so many people are out cold.

• Sad

jackolantern

VIP Member
Like I say the proof will be in pudding shortly! These are the highest reported cases yet and if they’re able to cope with them it will be tickety boo going forward
I don't know how you can honestly think that after 2 years of this. Even if admissions go up, it means very little saying as they don't even differentiate from OF Covid and WITH Covid. Obviously counts are going to up when we insist on testing Aunt Sally with her broken ankle. At this point, the only "proof" would be deaths OF Omicron spiralling beyond comprehension, which hasn't happened anywhere in the world despite it having been many weeks now. I'm not sure what magic doom data you are waiting on.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Very telling that the government manages to find the money for endless covid tests, paying peoples wages through lockdowns and millions of vaccines but has left the NHS and other services such as education and social care to struggle on bare bones for years to the point where a relatively mild virus pushes things to the brink of collapse.

Just shows that when push comes to shove they can find the money, they just don’t want to put it where it’s truly needed so that society as a whole can benefit and thrive. I’m dreading another decade or more of austerity, tax increases and cuts to vital services whilst the rich carry on with life unaffected. Everything feels so shit right now.
I am sorry that you feel shit right now, but please don't class Covid as "a relatively mild virus" after its killed over 146,000 people in the UK alone, left many suffering with long Covid and many families have lost a loved one or more.

The situation is very serious and needs addressing. Many countries have had no option but to find money to fund whatever has been needed to help as many people get through this as possible.

I agree with you that so many of us are feeling shit, but at the moment the best we can do is pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, support each other, and look forward to better times ahead. ❤

• Heart

uwu

VIP Member
I'm gonna have to now test my daughter every day for the next week as a teacher that was overseeing her textiles mock exam yesterday is now off with covid and my daughter told me how she was helping her yesterday with cutting materials and they was all touching the same things. Only consolation is that she was the only pupil in the classroom who decided to wear a mask for the 6 hour exam. So I'm hoping with that she'll be ok,. But no letter from the school about it, my daughter happened to over hear another teacher mention it and how she hopes it doesn't ruin her Christmas trip to Italy.

• Sad

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Yes!! My pet hate is when people say he's doing his best, 'could you run the country any better'. Well no I wouldn't be able to personally but I am sure there are plenty of people that could. Better educated. Genuine compassion. No history of offensive statements. Real life experience. No connections, nepotism or bribery. Actually look after their own children. Etc etc.....
Genuinely think a significant portion of the country would do a far better job at running the country than Boris.

• Haha

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Same as last year is happening but instead of ruining Christmas this year Boris has learned to let people have their family times then lock us down.

• Sad

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Why all the Sturgeon hate….all she’s doing is trying to keep the country safe! Better than sitting back, pretending it isn’t happening then having to impose stricter rules as a result. It’s a difficult balance but she’s trying to do something.
She's a control freak and the only thing she wants to do is stop people living joyful lives, much like that other oppressor drakeford, oh, and Boris.

Kat5998

VIP Member
They can shut down what they want but they will categorically never be able to stop people seeing loved ones. Even during the absolute height of lockdown here in wales when we couldn’t even buy a fucking duvet set in Asda I still managed to travel to see my friends in England on a regular basis, what can they do? They can’t stop every single car. Please try not to worry.
Remember when Tesco blocked off the sanitary towel section? 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow

panache

Chatty Member
What anxiety does it cause? What's the worse that can happen if there is a lockdown? Have people forgotten how many died after Christmas last year? The only worry I ever have is the kids and vunreable people with a poor life becoming invisible but shops, pubs and all that being shut doesn't really affect me?

What about the people who work there?

ATV2021

VIP Member
Thank you ❤ My mental health has always been good I’ve been lucky in life. This year though my family and partners family have both had to deal with multiple things that have been so sad and devastating and unfair. All I wanted to do was enjoy the next few weeks with loved ones, whilst being safe and using common sense. If more freedom is taken away I probably will ignore it 😂
Yeah it's not like we are all having raves or gatherings of 100s. The majority just want to be able to do what they want, I.e see family and friends lol I can't imagine many will accept that rule again, I know i won't be. I ignored it back in Feb as I knew my grandad wouldn't be getting out of the hospital again, and I regret nothing lol

We've done what we can. We can't get rid of it. So I'm going to focus on ME lol

• Heart