Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would love to know how much has been spent on all these test kits. All I can find is a quote from "The Week" from July, which says "Lateral flow tests (LFTs), which provide results within 30 minutes, cost the government “in the range of £5 to £30 each” 🤥

Reactions: 1
Just seen on a local page there's a 3 mile queue to get into the vaccination centre and they are having to turn away walk ins

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That’s not LFT’s that’s home test PCR’s that have ran out (they do frequently there is a daily limit).
The home test lfts aren’t available either for me when I tried to order them online. I have covid atm but my husband is testing daily (so far he and the kids are negative)

Reactions: 4
The home test lfts aren’t available either for me when I tried to order them online. I have covid atm but my husband is testing daily (so far he and the kids are negative)
Could anyone drop you some round? Pharmacies abs testing sites all carry them?

me! and I've been on holiday about five times this year, to festivals, numerous gigs and clubs with zero ventilation, weddings, had house parties, I work in a hospital, regularly go to bars and clubs, I'm a hugger, I hate the feeling of hand gel so just wash my hands when I'm in a bathroom not going wild with gel everytime I go in somewhere.
Same. If I’ve had it I’ve been asymptomatic. I’ve been living completely normally since around July. Wear a mask when needed but no excessive hand washing or gel usage beyond what I would always do for basic hygiene before covid. Have been to loads of gigs/festivals/nights out and a few really sweaty raves with poor ventilation. Have kissed strangers, shared drinks and food with friends. Have been working throughout, never did anything like wash my shopping or mail. I’ll probably get it now 😂 oh also to add though I was double vaxxed by March and triple by October so that will definitely have helped.

Reactions: 5
My face to face mental health support group has been cancelled due to covid even though it is still allowed within the rules/restrictions. It will be on zoom but its just not the same :cry:

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Could anyone drop you some round? Pharmacies abs testing sites all carry them?
3 local pharmacies don’t have any either. I’m in Northern Ireland and we have covid passes required for entry now to a lot of venues and hospitality so everyone who isn’t fully vaccinated or had covid is probably stock piling them to be allowed entry to a restaurant

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Apparently no LFTs available View attachment 921354
Just came here to post this!

Plus a guy I saw in the pub Friday briefly was positive Saturday and someone else I saw Friday morning testes positive on lft yesterday. As I'm double jabbed don't have to isolate and neither have been confirmed by PCR yet. Going to test myself daily and possibly get a PCR at end of week to be sure but for now I'm fine.

List of Tory rebels who don’t want vaccine passports

I am on the cusp of two constituencies, the MP ‘next door’ is on the list. Unfortunately mine isn’t
My mp has her head so far up Boris's arse it's unbelievable, in an interview a few months back she said her constituents were uneducated idiots... I'm guessing she won't be voted in next time 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I live in absolute amazement to how thick the UK population must be to be cancelling plans, panicking for tests and boosters and generally ignoring the fact that Omicron is the same as a bad cold (at it's worse).

Medic's in South Africa are screaming this from the roof tops.......but our Government is just too invested in a plan to get talk of last year's Christmas parties off the front pages and out of people's minds!

Reactions: 27
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
Think I had it Feb last year but obv couldn't test, felt like a cold but 20 times worse than it usually is for me.

I live in absolute amazement to how thick the UK population must be to be cancelling plans, panicking for tests and boosters and generally ignoring the fact that Omicron is the same as a bad cold (at it's worse).

Medic's in South Africa are screaming this from the roof tops.......but our Government is just too invested in a plan to get talk of last year's Christmas parties off the front pages and out of people's minds!
I am tempted to cancel any plans from 10 days before Christmas. Not because I am scared of getting Covid but I do not want to be isolating and miss out on another Christmas with my family.

What a coincidence that the first death WORLDWIDE is in this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
It's like they've been desperate for someone to die of it. Note the use of the word "with" though.

Reactions: 22
How convenient that the first death is in the UK? You'd almost think it was planned.

JUST DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PARTIES!!!!

Reactions: 20
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
I potentially have it now… I was in contact with someone last Monday, who tested positive on the Wednesday. Coincidence or maybe not, I started getting cold symptoms on the wed, still have now. I know I should get a PCR but I haven’t, I’ve done lateral flow tests since Thursday and they have all been negative. I know they are not as accurate but I would have thought if I had it then I would have been infectious enough since then to show as positive on atleast one of the tests. I have been to a local shop but worn a mask but not really been out anywhere else. My feelings are.. and so is my mams… that my parents are fully vaccinated (plus a booster) and have had covid, and wear masks when in shops, they have done all they can in regards to what they have been told to do, and are as protected as they can be… they ARE going to come into contact with covid again at some point and understand that, but have done what they can to protect themselves and want to keep living. If they avoid everyone now who ever has a cold/cold symptoms then it just starts to get ridiculous. Yes, if I see my mam in the next few days I will wear a mask, and I wouldn’t purposely go near someone really old or who I knew had underlying health problems.. but I am not getting a PCR unless I show as positive on the LFT. I know some people will think I am selfish, but on the other hand I know a lot of people will be the same. I am fully vaccinated by the way and have my booster booked.
My boyfriend had covid back in July who I live with, and I stayed negative (PCR and ten days worth of LFT) despite sleeping in the same bed as him (although I did have funny pains in my arms and legs so maybe I did have it then, who knows)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.